Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 05:20 PM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Ideal Protein Diet Chat - Week of January 22 to ??

Had to close the other thread as it way way too long.

Here is the link to the old thread.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Start: 189/183/176/Goal:135

Height: 5'4"

Default Ordering from Newlifestyle.com

Just took a chance and saved some BIG $ and ordered from newlifestyle.com. It is 1/2 of what I had been paying and very similar if not the same for most products! The box drinks are exactly the same. We'll see....
Old 01-22-2010, 06:13 PM   #3  
Started IP 1/8/10

S/C/G: 192.5/166/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtvan View Post
Just took a chance and saved some BIG $ and ordered from newlifestyle.com. It is 1/2 of what I had been paying and very similar if not the same for most products! The box drinks are exactly the same. We'll see....

This is such a great find! My boyfriend and I have the vanilla/chocolate premade shakes every morning for breakfast because they're easy and we're not exactly morning people (and they're our favorite IP items). Since we go through more than 2 packs of shakes a week between the two of us, I am REALLY excited about this! We'll save so much money!
Old 01-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilk View Post
This is such a great find! My boyfriend and I have the vanilla/chocolate premade shakes every morning for breakfast because they're easy and we're not exactly morning people (and they're our favorite IP items). Since we go through more than 2 packs of shakes a week between the two of us, I am REALLY excited about this! We'll save so much money!
yeah! I would think it would be toatally worth it fo r you to buy it by the case which breaks down to like $2.80ish (?) instead of $4! each!
Old 01-22-2010, 07:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

@ baseballmom5: I have been a little worried about my body become too use to the same set of foods. So far I have been lucky but I am trying to switch it up a lot. I wish I could have the 2x a week veggies.. Just not allowed yet. I had/have a lot of weight to lose, 102 total pounds and 80 pounds to reach the first goal I set for myself. Because of that my already strict coach is insisting I will do better if I wait to add any occasional or restricted foods. He says at minimum make it past the first 100 days because it takes that long for the impact of the diet to benefit the pancreas. He also says to fewer sugars, starches, carbs you have in the diet the more manageable and shorter the cravings when they hit. He calls this phase being in the “pocket” LOL! It isn’t easy but I am thrilled with results YUM! I can’t wait to try your brushed eggplant recipe! And the naked chicken strips sound good. MY cook said we can use a tobacco or srirachi (sp) chili sauce if we want to make a wing sauce. I am trying to come up with one but haven’t yet succeeded at something I can handle. LOL Also, for the shake, I like a bit of crunchiness for some reason so I add a few ice cubes. I give it some texture I guess !

@ Byrdie: I am so with you on the Vodka! It is my favorite drink next to it is wine and I haven’t had a drop since November! I have been the D.D. on social nights several times now. Not what I want to be doing but not something I will regret the next day either! I am happy to offer any support I can. I know I will be calling out when my needs arise!

@ Alihal: I had the same style of cravings as you. HONESTLY, they did get under control by my 1st weigh in. I only recorded one major craving event my 2nd week. Everything else quickly passed. Hang in there! It gets SOOOO much easier! ALSO, My coach has me eating multiple times a day. (What are other people doing?) I get the following:
breakfast IP food, mid am 1 cup veggie snack, lunch IP food and salad with 1 cup veggies, Mid PM snack 1 cup veggies, Dinner meat /fish/poultry, 2 cup veggies, salad , Evening snack – IP desert or drink. I am eating something every 2 to 3 hours at most 4 if I have a very long day. I have been told I can add some extra veggies if I need to for the added fiber bulk and craving control.

@ Fuzzma: I am so with you on the IPD science! Knowing I am doing a treatment that is so dependent on my compliance for the really long term success is definitely a motivator for me! I too think my cravings are so much more manageable and infrequent now (past 2 months) given that I have stayed strictly to the plan. I like that benefit!!

@ Jtvan: sorry to hear about the cheat. Yes, brown rice will cause an insulin need. Of all your choices at least it was a moderate not a high glycemic index food.. GET BACK ON PLAN. DON”T think about if or what it did Just get back on plan. You will go back into ketosis a bit faster this time because you only had a small amount of carbs and your body hasn’t created any “stores” of them yet. You have enough time that you should not see too much if any impact on your weigh in. DRINK WATER a lot between now and then and it will help flush any fats toxins and glucagon your body is storing. YOU WILL BE FINE.

@echobaby: BE STRONG! MOVE AWAY FROM THE COOKIE TRAY!! I couldn’t even look at the web page today. I am menstrual and craving chocolate cookies would be an insane torment!! LOL
Old 01-22-2010, 07:36 PM   #6  

Showgirlaz: I am eating the same as you between every 3-4 hours. thanks for the words of encouragement...I can't take it back! Looking forward. I have been recovering from surgery and my husband tried to do something sweet........to cheer me up He is used to me having food to make me happy! Crazy right?! I see it now though and we talked about it so it is all good! I really do not crave anything the way I used to! I love it!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:53 PM   #7  
IP Start Date: 12/16/09

S/C/G: 145/124/120

Height: 5' 2"

showgirlaz- I love to hear what other coaches say. You have made excellent progress so a BIG CONGRATS!!! I made my "naked wings" but ended up not adding the sauce because they looked so good already! Here's the recipe, I'll also post in the recipe forum!

Naked Boneless Nuggets
Season both sides of some Skinless Boneless chicken strips with garlic powder, salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Drizzle a little olive oil over the top of each piece. Bake 350 for 10 min turn, bake another 10 min.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:35 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtvan View Post
Showgirlaz: I am eating the same as you between every 3-4 hours. thanks for the words of encouragement...I can't take it back! Looking forward. I have been recovering from surgery and my husband tried to do something sweet........to cheer me up He is used to me having food to make me happy! Crazy right?! I see it now though and we talked about it so it is all good! I really do not crave anything the way I used to! I love it!
What a sweet heart! I know this is hard for our friends and families too. They are also learning about what we can, can't, and shouldn't be using in our diets. I believe they want to see us succeed and just like we are having to remember all this new stuff so are they and it does effect how they are used to socializing and comforting us! Just think, this may be your chance to teach him to pamper you with new things of a NON-food nature like, a massage, hot bath, foot rub, spa treatment, favorite movie, a break from housework or dishes, a walk in your favorite place, time playing a board or card game together, a night at the movies, I am sure you can come up with more fun ideas!!

I have been going through this a bit my boyfriend. Fortunately, he is a strict personality type SO, to make it easier I put the list of my program and allowable food on the fridge during the first week (it is still there). It got to the point instead of saying something and then correcting himself, HE was REMINDING ME what I could and couldn't eat and that I was missing a meal or snack!! LOL..

I guess what I am saying is your husband sounds like a really sweet man and I just bet he would be a great help to your weightloss, like my sweetie is, if you give him some tools to use!

I hope the surgery went well. How is the healing going? Will it be a long process?

Carla
Old 01-22-2010, 09:40 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmom5 View Post
showgirlaz- I love to hear what other coaches say. You have made excellent progress so a BIG CONGRATS!!! I made my "naked wings" but ended up not adding the sauce because they looked so good already! Here's the recipe, I'll also post in the recipe forum!

Naked Boneless Nuggets
Season both sides of some Skinless Boneless chicken strips with garlic powder, salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Drizzle a little olive oil over the top of each piece. Bake 350 for 10 min turn, bake another 10 min.
Thanks!! I really love hearing the other coaches tips too! If for no other reason it may help me with some of my little plateaus.

I can't wait to try your chicken nuggets they look great!! I would probably be like you and forget the sauce. I bet they would be good with the turnip fries I read about on hear or the spicy baked cauliflower. MMM... getting ideas for tomorrows dinner!
Old 01-22-2010, 09:52 PM   #10  

Showgirlaz - do you mind me asking how long you've been doing IP??? From the sounds of it - less than 100 days?

You've lost so much weight already I hope I can be that successful
Old 01-22-2010, 10:17 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Showgirlaz - do you mind me asking how long you've been doing IP??? From the sounds of it - less than 100 days?

You've lost so much weight already I hope I can be that successful
I have been on the program since November 19th, 2009 so, just over 2 months!! I have a really great supportive coach! He is strict but he checks in with me all the time! During the first month I heard from him at least once a day. Now I hear from him every other day! He did this and in 67 days lost 65 pounds. His development manager did the program and lost 85 pounds in 90 days. I have some really great people to learn from and help support me in this journey!!

On facebook, there is a girl in the ideal protein tips and experiences group that has lost 62 pounds in 12 weeks. She is amazing!!

BELIEVE ME!! If you follow the program, don't cheat, it gets easier and you will lose as much as your body can handle losing AND feel great doing it!! YOU WILL BE "THAT" SUCCESSFUL!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:30 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I have been on the program since November 19th, 2009 so, just over 2 months!! I have a really great supportive coach! He is strict but he checks in with me all the time! During the first month I heard from him at least once a day. Now I hear from him every other day! He did this and in 67 days lost 65 pounds. His development manager did the program and lost 85 pounds in 90 days. I have some really great people to learn from and help support me in this journey!!

On facebook, there is a girl in the ideal protein tips and experiences group that has lost 62 pounds in 12 weeks. She is amazing!!

BELIEVE ME!! If you follow the program, don't cheat, it gets easier and you will lose as much as your body can handle losing AND feel great doing it!! YOU WILL BE "THAT" SUCCESSFUL!
Thanks! I sure hope so!!

So do you just eat the non-restricted food and the select veggies only?
Old 01-22-2010, 10:34 PM   #13  

Quoting "Side note: My coach said you can add two egg whites to the omlette! Makes it super fluffy! Also, I add pumpkin pie spice & cinnamon to my vanilla pudding~ YUM!"

@ jtvan: I will have to try that!! Sometimes I do want a little more volume to the omelette, especially if I am making it at dinner. I bet the pumpkin pie spice & cinnamon really make the vanilla taste great! I will have to try that too!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:36 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Thanks! I sure hope so!!

So do you just eat the non-restricted food and the select veggies only?
Yes! I only eat the non restricted and non occasional foods. I try not too eat too many things that can slow the thyroid down because, when I began this, I had been told I was subhypothyroid. That means I watch how much cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower I am eating too!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:41 PM   #15  

I just remembered something I did/ still do to help get through really bad cravings! I bought alot of herbal decaf teas including "the good earth original decaf" tea. It is a nice sweet cinnamon spice tea. When I had bad cravings I made a cup or two of hot tea everytime! It really helped take the craving down a notch or more. Cinnamon is said to help the sugar cravings and to help balance blood sugar according to the american diabetes association. I also use a decaf ginger tea. Ginger helps with cleansing the pancreas, blood and some other organs according to asian cultures. AND, I use natural red raspberry tea which is a tonic to support the female organs and the thyroid. Red clover would also be good but I haven't bought that yet! I think the warmth of the tea and relaxing is the biggest benefit but I believe in the benefits of some herbs too and think it is possible they help me out.
Closed Thread