South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 11:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/186/140

Height: 5'6

Default I went crazy today, =(

So today started out really good I was on plan for breakfast and lunch but then... Google attacked. Not the search engine, the company. I visited there today and they have this snack bar thats free for employee (let me say, Google employees work in the the coolest building with the coolest perks) and I had some chocolate covered raisins for the novelty of it. Only a few, less than a handful. But then we went to dinner at this lady's house and the only option for dinner was veggie lasagna and a plain lettuce salad (this in fact is the truth and not an excuse... I thought it was very strange). I knew after walking all day in the city that a bit of lettuce was not going to be good enough.. so I had a small piece.

But now that I'm home-- I've gone carb crazy.

And I need to admit this to you even though I'm embarrassed as all **** about it and I know that there was a way to have handled this better and I'm going to start over tomorrow and I need to tell you that because strangers on the internet can hold me more accountable than I can do myself.

The only thing good about this is that I've recognized what a carb craving feel like because I really wasn't going through much "withdrawal"
Old 01-22-2010, 12:11 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Ouch! It's amazing when starting out that while we may not be feeling the withdrawals, that once we reintroduce the missing substance it can be absolutely crazy.

Here is the link to a thread we started last summer. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-...real-life.html

For me, it comes down to planplanplanplanplan. By thinking ahead I give myself the opportunity to have some control over the outcome. On P1, I actually sat outside in my car before a required BD party at a bar and ate my fill of diced chicken so I could go in and be social.

Oh well, lesson learned....just get back on track. The good thing is that if you stick to plan and get through the initial detox, those insatiable cravings do go away, at least they have for me.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 251/see ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

I kinda went crazy yesterday and today but will be back OP tomorrow...hey the main thing is that this will not turn into a 4 month carb binge...I am committing here and now to go to my gym every day for the next 5 days!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 12:27 AM   #4  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

I agree! Lesson learned! take note and jump back on the wagon asap! Its likfe, it happens, but we have to learn from things and for me-planning is not an option... 90% of the time I don't stick to exactly what my plan is but if I have a plan I will eat on plan- there is no excuse. I can eat what I planned on or something else OP but there is no reason for me to not eat on the plan... if that made any sense! LOL
Old 01-22-2010, 12:45 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

There will be slip ups. It happens to everyone. But you pulled yourself together, came here, and committed to starting fresh tomorrow! Great attitude!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 09:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/186/140

Height: 5'6

Thanks for the link, Lexxiss. I'm already back on track this morning. Posting here actually forced me to stop. I had initially figured that since the lady lived on the Upper East Side in NYC that there would be a smorgasbord of things to choose from and I wouldn't be stuck with something that was really off plan. But no. Oh well, live and learn.

Summer, I'm (glad? not sure if thats the right word...) that I'm not alone. Good luck today getting back OP!

Rdw, that does make sense. If I could do it over again... I would pass over the candy and have that bit of salad to tide me over until I got home later that night where I could have fixed something more substantial for myself that was OP.

Thanks for the encouragement, Kara!!
Old 01-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Pick yourself up; dust yourself off.. Today is a new day

BTW - I love chocolate covered raisins. I used to think they were healthier than other candy thanks to the raisins. Hmmm.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:38 PM   #8  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiss View Post
Ouch! It's amazing when starting out that while we may not be feeling the withdrawals, that once we reintroduce the missing substance it can be absolutely crazy.

Here is the link to a thread we started last summer. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-...real-life.html
It is true, isn't it? I remember once (on WW) I had been having a very easy week, totally on plan. I went to the meeting and bought one little box of 1-point bars -- totally legal. Right? And it totally derailed me.

Thanks to the link to that thread, too, Debbie.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:32 AM   #9  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I just got back from a month off plan (Doctor's orders!) including a week at an all-inclusive resort (ok Dr. didn't say "drink Mai Tais"). Today I'm only 5 pounds up from the day that I burned myself.

I will not tell you all the things I ate. I have no regrets.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:53 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5" and 48 years old

Kateh, good for you for being back on track already! Those carb cravings can feel so strong and overwhelming, I totally understand! But you got through it and now you are back on track! Good for you!
Old 01-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Great job getting back on plan. It's hard to anticipate some things. Don't be afraid to ask what's on the menu or bring something of your own next time to "add" to the pot.
Closed Thread