South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 06:04 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Yahoo! It's A Beachin' Weekend

Good Morning Everyone

It's shaping up to be a good OP weekend here in Snowy Colorado. I've got a few chores left before I pack up the food for our 1st annual pizza free therapy dog meeting. I hope the snow doesn't deter anyone from making the short trip. I'm going to spend some time on the paperwork trail and may even take my shower after a quick dip at the pool. We'll see....first on my agenda is with my friends.

How is your weekend shaping up? Stop by and chat
Old 01-23-2010, 07:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Beachin' Saturday!

Debbie, I love your thread title and your first post of the day, it's so cheery and positive, and great way to start our day. I hope the snow doesn't keep people away from the event. What all did you make to take for food? I bet everyone is going to be happy that there's something different instead the same old pizza again.

It's finally light enough to see the sky, and it's looking to be a nice day. We have some wintry weather due tomorrow, so today's the day to be out and about. Jake is wanting to go to breakfast, but that's about all that's on my agenda for today so far. I know how fast that can change though!

What's on everyone's mind on this fine Saturday?
Old 01-23-2010, 07:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Hi Debbie! Just you and me this morning? What menu did you decide for your pizza-free meeting?

Today my son leaves to go back to college I am pretty sure we won't see him (in person) again until summer.

Tonight we go to a party at someone's house. I know there will be food and assume that it will be stuff I should not and WILL not eat. I will go late and leave early and have dinner beforehand.

Have a great day and weekend all!

Oops - Hi Cottage too! You just popped in there.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:24 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Karen and Cottage! Thanks for asking about the menu. I ordered a nice meat/cheese tray, have only SBD friendly breads, blueberries strawberries and grapes, and I baked SB bran mini muffins, in addition to the inevitable cookie plate. Another gal is bringing veggies and hummus, and a 7 layer mexican salad. We have several vegetarians in our group.

Cottage, enjoy your bf out and whatever else the day brings.

Karen, give your DS great big hugs and send him off into the world. Your party plan sounds great!

I' ll be back after I do my morning exercise/house pick up aerobics.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:25 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Nice title, Debbie! Makes me feel like Spring.

Cottage, we have sunshine today and another smash of winter tomorrow BUT the temps are going up to nearly 50 on Monday - with rain.

No Bingo for another month. They really do knock the best part out of my day - 9:30 to 4:30 yesterday when you count in driving time. Claire did let the dogs out but they sure were lonely and whimpering when I got home. We spent two hours on the couch last night with tummy rubbing and cuddling while watching TV.

No MUSTs on my schedule today. I'll do the WATP tape as I didn't get to the gym yesterday. Then I'll do some quilting and will try to get into my Book Club book.

I hope your weekend is peachy beachy keen.

Oh dear! The fire trucks just went roaring down my road. I guess I'll need to go to the Diner later to get the latest news.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:26 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Karen! Good morning. I hope you remain strong at the party but remember to have fun.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:30 AM   #7  
Be happy.

Good morning

Debbie, I'm anxious to know what you're serving at the therapy dog meeting, too. I hope you have a great turn out. (I know you'll have a great meal )

Cottage, breakfast has always been my favorite meal to eat out - Enjoy!
We've got messy weather on the way, too. I've got my fingers crossed that it won't interfere with school on Monday. We're counting the days til the 100th Day of School and all the celebrating that goes along with that..... It's a real pain to have to change the date once families have already been invited.

My friend Gail has grand snowshoeing plans for us today. She's been asking around and found a leg of the snowmobile trail that goes past a small gas station/cafe. They serve breakfast all day, so we can have eggs (the only thing on their menu that's even close to SBD friendly). We'll park her car at one parking area and take mine on to the next so we won't have to do any back tracking. We tried to talk our husbands into coming along but neither one was interested. (Both enjoy snowshoeing - but think today's plan sounds like too much work.) It's probably just as well, they might slow us down. lol JK on that one.

Enjoy your Saturday friends!

Just previewed and saw all the other posts!

Waisting, enjoy the last of your son's visit today. I remember those hard days... being so proud of my kids and so happy for them because they were doing so well and enjoying college so much - but hating that they were soooo far away and that it was sooo long between visits.

Debbie, the menu for this afternoon sounds delicious!

Ruth, Fire trucks? I hope it's nothing serious. It's 'chimney fire season' around here.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:41 AM   #8  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all!

Kind of a weird creepy morning. Everything outside is "charcoal" colored and foggy...pretty cool looking actually.

Had a very busy and stressful week at school, but it's one more week down till the summer, right? My buddy who has mesothelioma got some bad news this week. They found a malignat tumor in his lymph node, so it looks like chemo is in his future. Have been researching the best foods for before and after and it looks pretty "beachy". Going to get him a "smoothie" kit today with whey, green superfoods etc to get him a little "umph" before and after the treatments. He was doing so well and they found this when he visited MD Anderson for a routine testing. Not good news, but we have to be positive.

Nothing much planned for the weekend except for school stuff, house cleaning and some Wii fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg foggymorning2.jpg (46.4 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by femmecreole; 01-23-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, we're up early on the weekend!

Lexiss - have a great time today! Thanks for such a great start to the day.

Cottage - you're going to make me look at the weather, I'm normally in denial. Can I go to breakfast too?

Karen - good luck tonight! I agree, fill up before you go so you're less likely to stray. Enjoy the party! I do not look forward to when my kids go, but that's a 'long' time off....

Ruth - oh dear, hope the neighbors are okay! Enjoy the day!

Heidi - snowshoeing sounds like a lot of fun. My parents bought me CC skis when I was....maybe 14? and I still have them. I would reallllly like to get another pair (I think that's okay after 25 years?!), I LOVED going out there in the silence and beauty. Must be a good workout for you!!

Cat - Hopefully the weekend will be invigorating for you. I'm sorry to hear about your friend, I hope he does well with treatments.

Me - Off to work. I'm not looking forward to it...it's a full schedule, and I'm wiped out this week! When I get home, I need to paint more shelves for the pantry (I was going to last night, but the DH told me not to since I was wiped out. Thanks DH!). We cleaned the paint on the floor immediately...you can't see it from a distance (but you can close up). A friend pointed out, well...at least the can didn't dump on my head!!

I got a nice 5.5 mi run in yesterday, I'm hoping to get one in today (but prob won't over guilt of needing to do house stuff), maybe tomorrow. Almost time to plan next weeks menu...my lunches went great by having pre made soup. I need to chop up some veggies for snacks so I stop eating WW crackers.

Have a great weekend!!
Old 01-23-2010, 07:58 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning ladies! Coffee really hit the spot this morning.

Femme, I am so sorry about your friend. My office mate's (I literally share a 10 x 12 office with her) mom is going through chemo and it's been rough. I'm sure those healthy smoothies will be great for him.

Ruth, we are also warming up here. Supposedly it will be 43 today! We have a playdate planned with friends; I'm going to see if they want to go to the zoo.

Debbie, have fun at the party!

Tomorrow morning I have a physical at 8:30am. We get a full physical each year through my husband's union and they do it on weekends too. I can't eat or have coffee until they take my blood but they are usually pretty prompt about that. I'm going to bring a cheese stick and some almonds with me to eat as soon as I can. They thoughtfully provide the coffee.

Besides the playdate today, I've got to go food shopping and I mean for this to be my first day back at the gym after a LONG absence. I'll do 20 minutes on the rowing machine. That's going to be my goal for the next month: 20 minutes on the rowing machine 4x per week.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:06 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Lots of Saturday morning chatting going on around here

Debbie - What a fun title, just like you I love your meal plan and the way you are steering the get together to healthier choices. Hope everyone enjoys the meal.

Cottage - I've been watching that weather too. Not sure if it will make it this far. It often looks like it will miss us until we wake up to a new forecast. Ah well, I do like these temps a lot more.

Waisting - Great planning for that party. Can you offer to bring something so you know there's something you like?

Ruth - Sounds like a perfect post-bingo day for you I know the dogs will love all the extra attention.

Heidi -Ohh, fun plans for the day, I am so jealous I wish I had someone to snow shoe with but no luck. Now you have me thinking about it though. Maybe I'll get out for an hour today anyway. Have a wonderful time

Cat - Sorry to hear about your friend's news. A good attitude makes a huge difference, and a good friend an even bigger one.
I may just join you on the Wii

Twynn - The heck with chores - get out there and run The chores will still be there when you get home. That DH is a smart guy

Mmckellen - Happy rowing Sounds like it's time for another Challenge thread!

Not sure what our weekend holds. The weather may or may not get dicey tomorrow afternoon. The power company is planning to turn us off early tomorrow morning for 3 hours more or less, so who knows We do need to do a Trader Joe's run and that usually includes lunch at our favorite restaurant. We were thinking about seeing Avatar in 3D while down there but I'm not sure I want to commit that much time to sitting.

I'm really enjoying planning my dinners out for the week. I mix quick and not on the list then decide each day based on what time I get out of work and how I feel. I'm also in new recipe mode so lots of surfing and experimenting. Right now Fatfree Vegan Kitchen is my favorite spot along with some of our recipes here.

It's supposed to be a weigh in day but I'm dreading the scale. Even though I've been on plan and an exercising fiend things just aren't moving. Gotta love hormones. I know there is no Plan B and I just need to keep doing what I'm doing but I'm a wee bit frustrated.

Okay, off to Wii and then get some breakfast. Hope there is some fun, some r&r, and little fitness in your weekend
Old 01-23-2010, 08:22 AM   #12  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cyndi, speaking of Wii, the other night I was trying once again to keep up with the basic step thing. Every time I do it, I get those messages that say
"You are messing up...just follow the feet, moron!"

So, just for giggles, I tried the advanced step. I nailed it on the first try. Just goes to show how my weird brain and body works..I can do the advanced, but can't do the basic. I'm sure there are facilities that would like to do a brain scan on me.

Thanks for the link to that recipe site...once again looks like you picked a winner. Everything looks very warm and comforting. Wanna try that Creole Eggplant..yum.

Last edited by femmecreole; 01-23-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:23 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Debbie - that sounds yummy. Is the bran muffin recipe on here? I used to have a great WW one don't think it is SB friendly.

Ruth - Isn't it great that our dogs love us unconditionally? What's the book? Our next one is The Art of Racing in the Rain and I think it might just be about dogs!

Heidi - Sounds like a wonderful plan. I keep trying to picture being on snowshoes! I so agree about our kids and being proud while missing them.

Cat - So sorry about your friend. I asked about the Wii at a store last night and was shocked at how much it would cost me to get all the pieces. We don't own the console anymore... sons sold that off years ago and moved on to Xbox 360.

Twynn- I was wondering how the floor was doing! And that is funny you say that because I was imagining you would have been happier to be paint covered if it saved the floor

Mmc - A physical on a Sunday? I have to fast twice a year for my cholesterol blood work. One time they didn't get to me until 10:30. I was starving! Have a great gym workout.

Cyndi - That would be a great idea but this is not that kind of party. That sounds strange as I write it. I wish we had Trader Joe's here! Funny coincidence - when we went to DC in December we hit Trader Joe's AND Avatar! BTW - we couldn't get into 3D and I regret it.

Off to see if DS2 is up yet - he is putting in community service hours today and getting picked up soon.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:59 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Cat, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. What a tough road, yet so good to know he's not alone. Your pic was quite eerie. Enjoy your weekend.

Twynn, I second Cyndi's opinion to get out and run while you can! The other stuff will get done.

Ruth, I'm glad your day isn't scheduled. The bingo gig sounds exhausting. BTW Your quilting talk got me motivated to proceed on my sewing plans; I ordered my serger yesterday it will be here Wednesday. I like to make bags and I got some new patterns to try.

Heidi, have fun today. My local diner will serve me a side salad with my omelet. Hope your weather doesn't get too bad.

Mmc, glad to hear you're going back to the gym. I find a realistic exercise plan really helps. Interesting to have a physical on Sunday. Have fun with your friends.

Cyndi, I'm jealous of lunch at your fav restaurant. It's my kind of meal! I don't plan my dinners out for the week, but I'm being more methodical. Maybe my next "challenge"-to plan out and reasonably stick to a weekly plan. Have some Wii fun for me.

Karen, I just took my recipe and modified it using agave/splenda for the sugar, getting SBD ok bran and cutting the oil in half and replacing with yogurt.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:19 AM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Cat - DW and I were joking this morning about hacking into the Wii to shut it up The other night it ratted her out because she hadn't been on in a few days Julie, my musician, says it's easier to follow a rhythm if it's faster. I know I do better on the advanced too. It took me a long time to figure out the correct way to step to get it to count them.

Karen - It's about a 90 minute drive to Trader Joe so we go every 6 weeks or so in the winter and plan other fun things in the area. My DD bought us the console for Christmas so the Fit didn't seem like such a big investment. We did decide a few years ago that instead of joining a gym we would buy a few good pieces of equipment for the house. So far we have an elliptical (Old, too cheap), a treadmill, a mini trampoline, a spin bike and now the Wii. Of course I also have lots of DVDs, weights and yoga stuff. It works well for us because we really aren't gym people.

Debbie - Sounds like we need a new challenge. How about the Spring time challenge, start early Feb and go until the first day of spring-ish? We are so luck here, lots of good restaurants and no trouble with any "special" diets - vegetarian, diabetic, healthy, gluten free even.

Last edited by CyndiM; 01-23-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Closed Thread