Old 01-19-2010, 12:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268.0/tracker/170.0

Height: 5'5

Talking P90X--Does It Work?

Hi everyone! I'm considering purchasing the P90X program and I was wondering if any of you have tried it and have any feedback on the program. I'd like to get it for my husband and myself to use, so if you know any men who have used it that'd be great to know about too. Thanks!
bigsexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/140/120

Height: 5'2"

YES it does work. Go on YOUTUBE and check out all the videos!! however, the exertion required is INTENSE. there is no easy solution to weight loss. this simply creates a huge deficit and it is up to you to fuel your body in the right way so that you keep that deficit ultimately resulting in weight loss. that being said, if you are ready for a very rigorous routine, P90X will get you results. It is tough but if you decide to do it keep us updated!!
charlottekelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/170/150

My boyfriend did it and without dieting, he did lose 20 pounds (he was not trying to lose weight, he's already skinny, just did it for exercise). But its def not the results they show with the ripped six pack, etc. But yeah its def an improvement.
AmandaMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:53 PM   #4  
Sensewear and WW

S/C/G: 230/195.2/164

Height: 5'9"

My husband is doing it with quite a bit of success. I agree that he will not ever attain the body the promote but we are definitely seeing good progress. He does supplement with running 3 days a week.
nellonello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 159/159/130

Height: 5'7"

Default Power 90

I recently ordered the Power 90 program. My husband and I were planning on doing it together. It is suposed to be a better program for people that are not used to such intense workouts. I am hoping to complete it and then move on to the P90X.

Right after I ordered it, I was diagnosed with some basal cell skin cancer which I had removed. Not a big deal, but I can't get started until after I get the stitches out, which should be this Thurs. Of course, I was disappointed not to be able to start right away, but instead, I focused on my eating habits.

I have lost 6 pounds just by making some healthy changes that I should be doing for myself and my family anyway!

I will keep you posted once we get started.
sports mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:40 AM   #6  
Because I Can

Height: 5'6"

I did the P90 program. It is a pretty hard workout by itself. The P90X is for people who are in shape already. Beach Body is a great company.
MelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:53 AM   #7  

Hi there. P90x is definitely a fantastic program, but I am not sure that I would recommend it unless you are already pretty active. The workouts are extremely intense, and--although modified moves are offered--the frustration might kill the program for you. Also, truth be told, the program is not really designed for weight loss (though most folks do lose some weight), it is a strength/fitness program. If the initial goal is to burn off some fat (as it was for me and my dh), I would suggest Slim in Six. It is a fairly grueling workout in the later weeks, but it is incredibly effective. Also, it is not "dancey" at all. My husband and I did it, and there was nothing at all "girly" about it. We both lost a bunch of pounds, and I dropped from a 14 to a 10 after 2 rounds. In the alternative, if you want a more strength-based routine (I am a big believer in muscle burns fat), Chalean Extreme is probably a better starting place than P90x. I also love P90, which is a very basic beginners program which is a little bit boring, but very very effective. In any event, I suggest a trip to the beachbody message boards. Lots of great befores and afters there. As an aside, the beachbody programs are in general very good. I HATE their advertising, because it seems to encourage unrealistic expectations, but the programs and the accompanying food guides are all based on sound, healthy principles. GOOD LUCK with whatever you decide!
Cormac is offline   Reply With Quote