Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-22-2010, 10:49 PM   #1  
:3

S/C/G: 160/149/145

Default My tummy... where did it go?

So I've been losing weight, it's slowed down a lot but I'm almost to 10 pounds, and even though I've seen it on the scale I hadn't seen much evidence for it in my body (my boyfriend, of course, swore he could :P). In fact, I felt like I was getting even wider. It was depressing, so I kind of stopped using full-body mirrors altogether.

Then I looked in the mirror one morning a couple days ago... and my tummy was gone. o3o Okay, there's still a little pudge there, but it looks like it's been cut down a lot. It used to be, after I ate, my stomach would distend so much I really looked like I was in the early stages of pregnancy. Now I can eat a pretty good-sized meal, and it doesn't even seem like it goes at as much as my old empty stomach did!!

I still kind of worry that I'm just telling myself this... but this has happened to you guys too, right? Have you noticed yourself slimming down even after just a little weight? I feel like it's too good to be true... gah, I wish I had pictures. I need to start taking some. >:[

Soooo anyway, that's what's been keeping me going for the past week. ;D Very pleased, even if it is just in my head. Wish me luck on getting to 10+ pounds! And good luck to you all! <333
Oshaberi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:34 AM   #2  
Weigh Down Yonder

YAY - GOOD FOR YOU! Sounds like whatever you're doing is working and you're sticking to it!

The difference is evidently obvious, your boyfriend and your tummy wouldn't lie to you - we're sometimes the last to see what everyone else notices immediately (I guess we're so used to thinking of ourselves in a certain way plus we don't want to be disappointed, like it's too good to be true)- so take those pictures, then you'll have the proof and we will get to see how well you're doing too!

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Yep, the tummy gone stage is lovely, it's my favorite
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 03:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

I guess it depends on how good your eyes are. My tummy has just been a little pooch for a WHILE now, but it took a while for my eyes to catch up and actually notice it. So maybe you are very perceptive (which is by no means a bad thing!).
megwini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

WOO Hoo on a disappearing tummy!
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:39 AM   #6  
:)

S/C/G: 161/158/130

Height: 5'9

Congrats I'd like to be in your shoes right now haha.
How tall are you? What have you been doing so far to lose the weight you have?
Brittnoiserz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:03 AM   #7  
getting less fluffy

S/C/G: 255/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Congrats! I can't wait till I can say that about mine.
Terre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 231/225/120

Height: 5'2"

Yay
wynnegirl10010 is offline   Reply With Quote