Old 01-22-2010, 02:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Default Can't seem to conquer the stress....

With my stress and hormones and me being emotional anyway, I can't seem to relax. Then my oldest son 8yo, got kicked out of school because he doesn't know how to socialize properly, he hits to get people out of his space basically but there have been 7 incidents in 11 days and they have parents complaining. They are working on behavior plans and what now but it's so stressful and I feel so helpless.

I've been doing not bad, not eating junk not taking second helpings, just trying to do what I can but this morning the weight was at 309lbs. It's the stress! I don't know what to do. I'm going to try upping the workouts and work on getting some yoga in and trying to find other ways to destress beside eating, drinking or smoking. Smoke free for 20 days now!
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:09 PM   #2  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

Good for you, to keep your determination. I have an 8 yo son with social problems too, and they ARE incredibly stressful. One of the things about parenting is that we're not allowed to give up - so keep working with your son and the school, get counseling for him if needed, and don't forget that you matter too.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

Hang in there! It is just amazing what stress can do to our bodies! It has to be so difficult but try focusing on all of the positive changes you have ALREADY made in your life. 20 days without smoking...GOLD STAR FOR YOU! That is amazing and you should really feel proud of that. I think we all have to find what makes us feel less stressed in our lives. Here are a few things that seem to work for me, but everyone is different:

1) Take a nice long bath.
2) Read before I go to bed (so I don't lay down and start thinking about everything that I am stressed about...it helps me sleep)
3) Listen to some inspiring music!
4) Come on 3FC and look for inspiration (which it looks like helps you too!) Remember we are all here for you.

You are not alone. Breathe. Dream. Smile (even if it's forced). Make a plan. We are all routing you on! Hugs...
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

Wow, Snowbound, you sound like you really have your hands full. You are really doing the right thing to post here. Wish I could give you a hug, sounds like you could use one. Exercise sounds like it would help. Kids sure can be a pain...need I say... been there...done that...20 days smoke free ? The hardest part of that is over... Still on plan ?,You are one rockin' chick. Hang in there, Baby !
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #5  
SE Asia, baby

S/C/G: 232/141/132

Height: 5'5

Wow, that is a lot of stress--but look how well you're doing!! No smoking, poor eating or drinking? that's pretty awesome. I'm sure everything will be worked out in no time. In the meantime, keep doin' what you're doin' and remember that we're all cheering for you!
graciegoose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:40 PM   #6  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Despite all you're going through you're not smoking and you're staying OP. That's awesome! I think you've gotten some good advice from other chicks, get help for your son and you if needed. Find ways to unwind. And keep posting here! Hang in there, Snowbound.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Listening to this helps me:

http://www.quietmindcafe.com/simple-relaxation.html
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote