Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 11:29 AM   #1  
Is it Friday yet?

Thumbs down Victorious Valentines!

Welcome!!!

Happy New Year everyone!

Our New Year's Winter Water Blitz was a slooshing success.
So now it's January (believe it or not)... and the next event on the horizon is Valentine's Day!!!

Be Victorious on your way to Valentine's Day!

~What is your goal to loose/do/start/quit by Valentine's Day?
~With this day that celebrates love, what things do you love about yourself NOW?

Keep drinking that water!!!

Terri
(aka Punkin o' Friday)
Old 01-06-2003, 11:50 AM   #2  
Is it Friday yet?

Hi everyone!!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! I had a great day - ate like a all weekend - but I'm ready to get back on track!!

Today the scale shows that I'm up 2 pounds from 12/23. Not too shabby... Considering, the "norm" would be 10-12 pounds gained between Thanksgiving and my B-day. 2 pounds is a success!!!!

Senamay - Thank you for the fat free cheesecake! It was really good I'm sorry your books are so expensive! Totally worth it, but whatta' chunk o' change! I agree with Kaylets to check Half.com (love them!)

Dollar - Welcome back!!!

Wildfire - Oooh, new do from a cutie huh?? I know what you mean about feeling so much lighter. My hair's been cut shorter for almost 2 years now, but it still feels so good not hanging 1/2 way down my back...

Emp. Jade - I'm so glad your project is done! Hope all the activity in the neighborhood is at least entertaining??

Kaylets - Are ya sure the mouse wasn't Vinny?? Hope your critter problem is over soon - you could always borrow one of my fluffy mousetraps for a day (Luna is an excellent mouser).
Personally, $15 is a touch high for a yoga class for me. I agree with Amarantha that we're worth it, but at that price how often could you go??

Anagram - I do a cuppa tea before bed too. Nice ending to the day and the warmth keeps the tummy from growling (from not eating after 7:30pm!).
And I think I will join you and Amarantha in the "NO CANDY" challenge. No Reese's peanut butter hearts, no, not even one...

Unless someone wants to take over roster duty I guess we'll just keep track on our signatures. I can't do it this time since it's the beginning of the year and I plan (hope) to be swamped with starting up the new client we picked up late last year.

Hugs all, and victory to all!!!

Terri ( Punkin o' Friday)
Old 01-06-2003, 12:04 PM   #3  

Default love is in the air

HI

Ok im 185 and i want to get down to 175. SO im really going to work hard this month..to shed my plateu. In my mind i dont think i can get under 180 so when ever i get close i start eating to bring my weight back up. However this water drinking has been really helpful.

Today i loved that i made myself work out this morning.
Old 01-06-2003, 12:19 PM   #4  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Love!

Yes, indeed. Coming back up from the week from ****. I've come by and lurked a few times, and I know I should have just popped in to say Hi, but kept thinking "I'll come in and respond to everyone ... later... Didn't happen yet, so here's a quick recap: I'd been doing ok and then binging, back and forth before Christmas. Christmas Eve I let it all go and ate and worked my way through the week. I've been back on track now -- this is Day 5 I'm not going to weigh in until I'm sure that it won't be too scary (on the "ignore 'em til they go away" theory). Probably next week, unless I go nuts and WI this week.

Love to all! I must go get some work done. We WILL be Victorious, Valiant Valentinies!
Old 01-06-2003, 12:39 PM   #5  
Empress/Queen

"WE ARE VICTORIOUS VALENTINES; WE'RE GETTING BETTER ALL THE TIME! WOO-HOO!!! WOO-HOO! I'M VICTORIOUS, AND SO ARE YOU!!!"

Ok, that's the way, we're gonna do it all the way!! Woooo-hooo!!! What can I say! It's a new day and we're gonna make it pay!

Hmmmm. Amarantha stateth her weight goals below. A second major initiative I'm working is the Valentine's Candy NOT Challenge. Glad to see some of you'se guys be keeping Amarantha company in this initiative. There's something about giving in to the advertising world's decision that we should all eat candy this season that goes against my grain, so when I give in and start buying marshmallow hearts, which I did on Saturday, it seems to give my feeble brain the message to just give in altogether. Since I gained three pounds last week when I should have lost, giving in altogether seems like a good idea to the sad part of me that just wants to find meaning in life through candy, cheetoes, dulce de leche, etc.

Every little challenge helps! A calorie saved is a calorie we don't have to exercise away!

Which bringeth me to the statement we pledged to make daily (I think) about loving ourselves. So today I love that I am working on this diet (sorry for the d word) project harder than ever and I will NEVER give up and no Demon Scale's gonna make me!

Some subgoals I have for this week are to burn at least 1300 in exercise (at 4 per minute) and bring my weekly calorie average to in the 1600 range. I refuse to starve but the fact is my metabolism is not working as it once did and I need to cut a bit if I hope to achieve the ultimate victory! With less calories, more nutrition is needed and I need to just say no to useless calories. Functional food is, well, more functional.

The point system was a good experiment, but I don't think I'll revisit it this year.

A sub-sub-goal is to continue the no eating between 9 p.m. to midnight initiative testing for Hagometrics Inc. (explained in my journal).

Sigh, this is another me-me-me postie! Please forgive Amarantha. She's obsessed!!! Have to go pay bills and buy food. A busy week later but taking another day off.

I'm calling this my day 2 of the no candy thingie, since I really started it yesterday!!!

DAY 2! (Woo-hoo!)
Old 01-06-2003, 12:39 PM   #6  
Hot Stuff

Why do I have the urge to break into a chorus of "We Are the Champions"? Well, we are.

Here's to a VICTORIOUS VALETINE'S CHALLENGE!

Within being back at work for just a few minutes, I remembered why I hate the place so much. I think it's time to seriously look elsewhere. Another goal for the year.

BUT I will NOT let this place get to me and ruin my lifestyle changes that I am doing so well with.

I am going to continue with the water, daily exercise, and watching my diet. I'm pledging a 7 lb loss by February 14th!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Valentine's Goal:

Current weight/amount pledged/progress

172/7/0
Old 01-06-2003, 01:03 PM   #7  
smarty pants-skinny pants

Default Here we go again!

It's nice to be back with all the 3FC crew here - it's sort of strange to be away from this support system when out of town!

Happy Belated, Punkinseed. My birthday was on the 5th, and I tried to celebrate without as much of an emphasis on food. I love California Rolls, which aren't too bad for you (rice, crab, avocado, and seaweed) and have often said I could eat them until I throw up...so DH made them for me from scratch this birthday, and indugled heavily. Not to the point of throwing up, though.

I am very proud of all of you and your water challenge - I can hear your slooshing from out here! I'm going to try to join you on that now, and am going to jump in on this victorious valentines challenge.

I was 168 when I left for the holidays, and am unfortunately at 171 now. Bleck, but not as bad as it could have been, as I heard someone else here say. I do think in earlier years it could have been 7-10 pounds up instead of 3. I wanted to do 155 as my Valentine's goal, but I think I'd better go with 160 instead - it's going to be hard because my work schedule is going to leave me much less time to exercise for the next three weeks - they'll have to be quickies here and there!

I also like this "why do I love myself today" thing - today I love myself because I feel like a good teacher. I started teaching a new college course today, and I think it went well - I got the good vibe from the students. Now I'm high on the "woohoo, I rock!" vibe! Yep, I'm a crazy, but at least I can love myself for it!

Love to all the other vivacious valentines out there - take care, all of you!

Cheers,
Cybele
Old 01-06-2003, 01:46 PM   #8  
Momma Frog

Well good afternoon Valentines!!
I don't know if I maintained my weight or not through the new year slosh fest, I'll check tommorow morning. But my goals are below. These are my CAN DO's

I WILL drink at least 44 oz of water a day (up from my 32oz) That's only one more 12oz bottle than I have been doing. I CAN DO THAT.
I WILL lose at least 10lbs by the end of January. I want to lose more but lets not push it too fast. That's 25 days to do this. I CAN DO THAT.
I WILL take my walk EVERYDAY. I will go whether my work friends want to or not. It's only 20 minutes out of my day. I CAN DO THAT.
I WILL not binge after work. If that means eating dinner earlier, than so be it. I can have a light snack 1 peice of fruit or a small salad or I can fix dinner. I cannot eat everything in the house and then eat dinner later. I CAN DO THAT.

I think that's all the goals I can handle right now. What can you do for yourself?

What I like about myself today:
I like my eyes. I have VERY dark brown eyes (they are truely almost black)

Everyone enjoy the rest of your day, today January 6th, 2003 only happens once!
Old 01-06-2003, 04:47 PM   #9  

True and Noble goals, Victorious Valentines. And very inspiring.

Mine will be pretty much what they have been:

To drink a minimum of 48-56 oz of water plus 3-5 cups of teas.
To get back to pool exercising as soon as feasible, also to add mallwalking as soon as possible.
To make healthy choices but well balanced and allowing me my half cup portion of ice milk/yogurt daily (calcium, y'no) and one additional treat per day (smallish). All to be supplemented occasionally by the Slimfast cauppucino delite and/or the Slimfast oat meal bar. One day a week may be more lenient.
I commit to the NO CANDY TILL 2/14 CHALLENGE as well as the no evening eating pledge. That's a toughie for me.
Weightwise, I hope to be 215 by Valentine's Day (though 214 would be more appropriate).

What do I like about me today? I guess I just basically like who I am. You know, all that inner stuff hiding in my puffy bod.

So, the time has come........

250/220.6/215/???

sw/vdcsw/vdg/goal

Last edited by anagram; 01-06-2003 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-06-2003, 04:59 PM   #10  

Punkin, I'd love your curly red hair too!
Old 01-06-2003, 05:06 PM   #11  
deleted2

Hello Friends!

I weigh 154 now and am going for weighing 147 by Valentine's Day.

Amarantha, I can't swear and declare that no candy will pass my lips but I'll vow not to purchase or consume any specifically made for Valentine's Day candies. I hate to be a buzzkill but I kinda resent the holiday--just seems like one of those made-up ones that's gotten out of hand. And that's the last I'll say about that!

Scooby, I sabotage myself when I get close to goal too. What's up with that?

Wildfire, it was my first day back to work as well. I had a very satisfying breakfast before I left home and found it interesting to note that I was tempted on the drive to work to have a granola bar that I'd packed for later. I wasn't hungry, it was just the stress of going back to all those personalities flung together in one building!!! I have to stay on top of the 'automatic pilot' stress-eating!

Remember the 21-day challenge? I love that idea and am up to Day 6! I have this corny little motivational thing I'm doing: I bought a new calendar and I hung it in the kitchen and for every day that I feel completely at peace with how I've eaten and exercised, I give myself a sticker on that day. I know it's sooo corny but I love getting my sticker at the end of the day! It's nice having a real visual of your progress.

Ceara, I know that I speak for all of us when I say do tell us more about your saloon gal role!!!

Arabella, where are you?

Almost forgot----one thing that I love about myself is I'm a good friend!

Old 01-06-2003, 05:48 PM   #12  
Opera Diva

Hey all! Count me in for this challenge! I'm so close to my goal I can taste it - but never have I been so tempted to eat "just one more cookie" I think that having come so far has really put me in the mentality that I deserve to not constantly worry about what I'm eating.

So this challenge is to rid me of those last pesky 10 pounds and FINALLY let me stop obsessing about diet and just let me lead a healthy life - which I think it was we're all after in the long run.

Good luck to all, and thank you everyone for being such a support to me and everyone else here.

Guinever
Old 01-06-2003, 06:23 PM   #13  

Default happy good start to all.

HELLO ALL MY VALENTINES PAL!![COLOR=purple]Hello all to my valentines pals. I love the new name also. Well i went to school today and survived. onley go three days a week, wich is plenty. haha. short post brb.
Old 01-06-2003, 06:39 PM   #14  

Default im back

Hello again, well id like to know how to type these pages we send in color?? anyone know how, like amarantha?? ok, well i am totally siked out on this new year. I have been drinking lots of water and making belines to the bathroom in the middle of the night ,haha. oh well it helps with the food intake, im on a low fat, some fat, fruit veggie crazy subway and lean cuisine diet!!!! haha and its working, hey my scale likes me so far,haha. We got hit with a lot of snow here in ohio this morning alot of schools were closed today not my kids thank God!!! Today was my first day of shool, and writing class is going to be pretty hard, but ill be ok,
well good luck to all you guys and welcome all new ones ive been reading lately,

highest weight..269
joining3fchicks...255
current weight 251
valent.challenge..236 (15 pound lost!!)

what i love about myself
I AM A GOOD ARTIST!!!!
Old 01-06-2003, 07:57 PM   #15  

Hi everybody!

Sign me up for the Valentine's countdown! I'm aiming at losing ten pounds, cause I'd like to go out for a nice evening on the town in my cute little black dress and have my waist actually go in instead of out.

I had a really great day today... drank 100 oz of water, ate really well, and went to the gym. (I was doing penance for yesterday, which I do not care to either discuss or even think about. Let's just say .)

Anyway, I am also signing up for no candy! Cause right now, I'm too scared that if I have one piece, that'll be the beginning of the end. Besides, it will make my dentist very happy.

Anyway, good healthy vibes out to everybody. Keep on slooshin'!!!
Closed Thread