Old 01-18-2010, 03:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Friends and Losers: Jan 18-24, 2010

Wow, I've never started a thread before, being on the West Coast normally you guys get to it way before I get online.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Perhaps you all have the day off for Martin Luther King Day, no such luck for me.

I was less than stellar with my weekend eating. I think I need to go through and get rid of any remaining food that was there from Christmas, since just my deciding to not eat it is not sticking as well as I would like. I did good for a few weeks, but eventually the knowledge that there are chocolate covered macadamia nut turtles in the pantry in the basement overwhelms my better judgement.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:18 PM   #2  
Back in the saddle!

Happy Monday, ladies.

Pretty good weekend for me overall. I had 2 significant NSVs for me: (1) DH ordered pizza Saturday night for the kids, and I was able to SAY NO! Not even one little slice of thin crust cheese pizza. It was tough ... it smelled delish! (2) DH made blueberry muffins for the kids' breakfast. Again, I said no! This was REALLY tough. They smelled so good ... and only 120 calories/1.5 g of fat in these puppies. I know I could have had one and counted it as 1.5S, but I just figured it's the principle. I need to be able to turn this stuff down. No gateway foods for me!!!

8 days OP for me now. And my scale is showing me appreciation. Yay!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:23 PM   #3  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Good weekend here as well. Now I have 2 job interviews to get ready for on Thursday. I hate interviews too. But maybe one of them will pan out and if not then at least it's some more practice for others.

Picked up a rotisserie chicken to have here for a few days. Easy sandwiches and such for me and I take the skin off so its not bad. I also made a simple lasagna tonight for supper tomorrow night. This way I can just throw it in the oven for supper tomorrow. easy peasy!

It is quiet here today. Hopefully it is just due to the holiday down there in the US as we were doing good for a couple of weeks here with people posting.

Have a good evening everyone!
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:30 PM   #4  
Arkantana

S/C/G: 169/151.6/130

Height: 5'7

Green,
Way to stay strong, just the sound of pizza and muffins makes my mouth water. It doesn't help that I'm off today and wanting to eat out of boredom. My friend taught me, when you get a craving that you just cant shake, just chew on it for a while to get some of the taste and then get rid of it..dont swallow it. sounds crazy but it has worked for my toughest cravings.
Arkantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:54 PM   #5  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

just thought i'd stop in and say hello. i'm down another pound. still doing the Shred challenge with Nicole and doing well with journaling, eating on plan and getting lots of water in along with some green tea.
hope everyone is having a good start to their week!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:13 AM   #6  
Back in the saddle!

Just a quick post this morning. Exceeded my first mini-goal! Woo hoo! I need to up the ante a little to keep me going strong.

Happy Tuesday!
Old 01-19-2010, 08:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Not so well on the eating front or exercising. I did well Saturday but not so well Sunday. It was my hubby's B-day and I made some new things and of course did quite a bit of sampling as you know with me that tends to end up more than actually sitting down and eating a proper serving. I did walk and do some yoga yesterday as it warmed up a bit over the weekend. I am back on plan today. I accidently brought my DH's lunch and not mine but I will not eat the starchs I packed for him.

so I have to admit something. Last night I went to WWE Raw(wrestling) with my DH. Not something I ever watch or would consider attending however he got seats for his B-day and you know what I loved it. It was so exciting. Yes not exactly "real" but certainly entertaining and the wrestlers were attractive. Don Johnson (miami vice) was the host and let me tell you he is really nice and still very attractive. He was so carasmatic. A nice suprise. So here is the funniest part as they were introducing them I come to realize that I myself will never be a WWE wrestler. Sure I could fake punch or throw someone over my sholder and hey I can cry at the drop of a hat, very realisticly I might add. But what really killed the dream for me was the fact that now or 50 pounds from now you would ever catch me walking out of a dark hallway with music blasting, smoke and fire leading my entrance and hear the words weighing in at 186 pounds The amazing AMMMMMMMMMMMYYYY!!!!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:58 AM   #8  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Amy - you are cracking me up!

Hey did you all see the note from Suzanne3FC? We are being demoted I remember when we were on the way UP and were given our own forum category because there was so much activity - how the mighty have fallen! I still very much count on you ladies - and I have made some wonderful friends here, which I never would have thought since I have not seen any of you in person.

This weekend was pretty good - had yesterday off, and it snowed, so I shoveled and then went to the gym. All night long my arms hurt so bad that every time I moved it woke me up! Darn that Body Pump class - the triceps routine is KILLING me!

The bathroom is almost done, there was a delay with the countertop/sink so that is not in - and the paint color I chose is taking 3 coats ( a dark chocolate brown on one wall) so Dh did not finish. But it looks nice! If I get a chance I will post a pic, w.o the counter.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:04 AM   #9  
Arkantana

S/C/G: 169/151.6/130

Height: 5'7

Good morning all,
After a weekend of despair I finally lost another pound! Yipee! That was the highlight of my morning, then I had to go back to work. Fun Fun, working my way through the last of October's and beginning of November paperwork. Gotta love working at the public assistance office.

Amy, thanks for the update on Don Johnson. Oh how I loved him in that white jacket
Arkantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:13 AM   #10  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Hi everyone, its been a while since I have touched base. We were in Mexico for two weeks and then I came home in time to go to a hockey tournament in Northern Alberta for 2 days.
I am back at work now and the normal routines will start taking over again.
I definately gained weight over the past few weeks and I am not happy about it at all.
This morning I am determined to get back OP. I want to lose 10 pounds in the next 4 weeks. I will need all your support.....today is a new beginning!
Lots of water is number one. I have also decided to cut out all salt for the next 4 weeks. Wish me well!!! I will need it.
Hope everyone has a great week!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:26 AM   #11  
Back in the saddle!

Amy, you are hilarious!!!

Kim, I love the color chocolate. In our last house we painted our 1/2 bath chocolate, and it looked great. Can't wait to see the photo!

Arkan, Yahoo on the pound!

Joan, we'll be here. Sounds like you had an exciting last couple weeks. Mexico in January sounds lovely. Much more lovely than the freezing temps and 4+ ft snow drifts we've had here in Nebraska.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:13 PM   #12  
Kim - IP 9/10

Hi Joan - Welcome back - how was the house?
Old 01-19-2010, 12:44 PM   #13  

Sorry I was IMA since last Friday...

Amy, what a laugh. I can't see anyone stating my weight outloud (with the exception of those evil people at the doctor's office, I think they get off on doing that). So, there is NO WWB in my future either.

The baby shower was a blast and I did really, really, really good. I was the setup and clean up person at the shower, so that really helped me stay OP. I did take a couple licks of frosting but didn't eat cake (only because I'm not a cake person), put a cookie in my mouth and spit it out (gross I know, but no one saw me do it). Didn't eat any crackers or pretzels or any other snack. Well, I have to admit this. I used spiked punch as my 3 fruits for the day. It is yummy!

Back to work, and so far so good as far as being OP.

Green: Congrats on passing up on what I would call some of my trigger foods. What a great job!

Last edited by SyracuseNY; 01-19-2010 at 12:45 PM.
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:00 PM   #14  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Wow...demotion indeed.it is hard to find my fav threads now!Wonder how many people would actually take the time to search and post now onwards.

I love the "Amazing Amy" part......really it seems unfair that those WWE guys can pack as many lbs as they want and still be cool...

Keep well everyone...and stay motivated!
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:44 PM   #15  
Kim - IP 9/10

We will have to make sure that we call the threads LAWL Friends and Losers now. Bummer - I hope that when some of the other posters who haven't checked in in a while find us.

I guess 3FC needed the space.