View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 01:04 PM   #10
Stace
Starting again.

S/C/G: 263/217/145

Height: 5' 7"

Screen Name:Stace

Age/Age Range:33 1/3

Family Life:Single, furry kids. (dog and cat)

Hobbies and Interests:Bad movies, embroidery, cooking (a work in progress), thrift and flea market shopping, and other stuff I am not thinking of right now!

Favorite Music:My ipod tells me that I have a lot of classic soul, conscious rap, electro-pop and grunge. So I guess that.

Favorite Color(s): turquoise, green, orange, dark purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking my dog. I just got a kettlebell and I am really enjoying it so far!

What are your fitness/health goals? To be a "normal" weight for the first time since I was about 6 years old.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I'd been under a lot of stress this year, and then got really sick in October. I'd always been the fairly healthy fat person, while I would get winded climbing steps or something I never really had major health problems. Well, it all seemed to catch up with me at once, and boy was that a wake up call. I don't want to be that sick ever again. Nor do I want to be diabetic, which is straight where I was headed.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I want to exercise more, but don't always have the motivation for it. Also, a big part of my social life was going out with friends to a bar or co-workers to happy hour. I have had to cut that back drastically and that has been tough. But I would rather feel good than the way I felt a few months ago, even if that means being the one to order water or decline an invitation.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Getting enough sleep so that I have enough energy, not waiting to get so hungry I overeat, being consistent.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : There are a couple of friends who I have distanced myself from when I realized that they were not supportive, or preferred to keep me the way I am because they don't think when I am big I am competition. I hate that kind of thing, but the thought of them seeing me when I am done makes me secretly happy.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I want to be able to pull off wearing almost anything. I have always felt so limited all my life in what I could wear, due to a lot of things either not looking good, or me not having enough confidence to buy and wear it. Thanks for this question, because now I am super excited about that day!