Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 12:10 AM   #1  
Can't read my poker face

Smile Supplements???

Hey I was curious as to what supplements you all take and for what. I know a lot can help aid in weight-loss so I was curious as to what you take and why. I'm a supplement freak whether I'm dieting or not and I'm always ready to find a new one to try. Thanks!

Peace Love and Gaga

Walk, Walk Fashion baby work it move that ***** crazy!
Old 01-07-2010, 08:43 AM   #2  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

I don't take any supplements. I like the idea of taking a multivitamin but I don't have a regular schedule at the moment and would likely forget to take it. I guess I also prefer the idea of getting all my minerals and vitamins through food, but that's not likely to happen, heheh.

What are you taking and why Patchouli?
Old 01-07-2010, 08:56 AM   #3  
Can't read my poker face

Smile

Hey Maria, well I take Prenatal Vitamins just to help with my skin, hair, and nails. I also take Iron for when I get anemic and Vitamin C for immune and to aid with weight loss and then just a reg Multivitamin.

Peace Love and Gaga

Old 01-07-2010, 09:08 AM   #4  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Wow, I could never be bothered to take so many pills, haha, I'm way too lazy to bother remembering all those things. Says a lot about my personality :b

ps, do you feel they are doing you any good? I thought about taking supplements for my skin hair and nails for a while, as well as maybe cod liver oil for my joints, but I know that after two weeks I'll forget and then give up.

Last edited by going2Bhealthy; 01-07-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:45 AM   #5  
Can't read my poker face

Smile

Yeah the Prenatal do very well with my hair and nails. I've also taken Biotin for hair and nails before and Evening Primrose for hair as well. I'm really into supplements and herbs and all that alternative medicine so I like trying new things and seeing how they go. Yeah I'm not always the best at remembering. I try to keep them in my medicine cabinet, so when I brush my teeth I see all my pills there and know to take them.

Peace Love and Gaga

Old 01-07-2010, 10:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I take a multivitamin (one of the women's ones) and a B-vitamin supplement every day (for energy).

I also started taking a fiber supplement recently since I cut my calories lower and was afraid I wasn't getting enough.

I thought about adding a calcium supplement, too... but you can only absorb so much at a time so I'd have to take it at a different time than my multi and I don't think I'd remember.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:14 PM   #7  
this space for rent

S/C/G: 274/274/140

Height: 5'8"

when i started i supplimented my fiber. I have a hard time taking pills (prescription orotherwise) and definatley have problems with the more effective suppliments because I cannot commit to taking sets of pills more 3 or more times a day.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:25 PM   #8  
Blasphemously Delicious

S/C/G: 320/242/145

Height: 5 foot 6

I for one dispise taking pills, whether they be meds or vitamins. I take Iron because I hope to be able to donate blood again someday, a women's multi vitamin and L-Carnitine for metabolism and energy (it doesn't make my heart race).
Old 01-20-2010, 01:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: ♡See Ticker♡

Height: 68"

I'd love to know, too. I really need some supplements because my calories are about 1500 a day and I have NO energy. Bump!~
Old 01-20-2010, 06:55 PM   #10  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

I'm taking a multi, B-12 for energy, cinnamon to aid in the digestion of carbs and help regulate blood sugar, iron for my anemia, calcium on the days I don't get at least 1,000mg from food (that rarely happens for me though and I think I've had to take calcium 2-3 times in the last 6-8 months), apple cider vinegar (braggs "with the mother" from GNC) to help with digestion and help regulate blood sugar, and I am also taking slimquick because for me it works and works well

I used to take a fiber supplement because I thought I needed it, but since using a food tracking system that includes fiber in the elements tracked I found out that most days I actually get 2-3 times the recommended amount, so I stopped that one.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:28 PM   #11  
little by little

S/C/G: 220/215/150

Height: Five foot two

I'm on several prescription medications for other things (I take eight prescription pills a day), mostly for my three mental diagnoses and my neuropathy symptoms. I also take a multivitamin and a calcium supplement.

I HAVE an acaii supplement (in a caplet form) but I don't know if I will take it or not.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:56 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/131

The coating on multivitamin "horse pills" and high-iron count in prenatals make me nauseous, but I can stomach the Centrum chewable multivitamins (if I take them on an empty stomach or before a meal- if they end up at the top of a full stomach, those make me nauseous, too). I seem to be taking in about 50-75% of my RDA for nutrients, on average, so I'm taking one multivitamin first thing every morning to make up the other 25-50%. In the eves, I'm taking two antacids before bed for calcium.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #13  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

chickie - Have you tried taking a children's multi? The bottle usually has a dose listed for adults as well. I am actually taking the wal-mart "active kids" chewables. Normal vitamins can mess with my tummy too, but these don't. Funny enough the % on everything was better than Flintstones and better than the adult vitamin the doc had recommended. They are also a lot less chalky tasting than many chewables.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:14 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 215/210/165

Height: 5'10

Prenatal vitamins for me, taken them for years.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:10 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/131

FitG- I thought about it, but I found the chewables were OK as long as I took them before breakfast. I remember taking the Flintstones ones as a kid, though- they are tasty! I noticed they also have some kids vitamins that are jellybeans... but I couldn't do a good comparison at the store, because the values were all based on a kid's diet, not a grownup's :-P
Closed Thread