Old 01-20-2010, 12:03 PM   #1  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Red face 100 LBS left to go until I reach Goal Weight.

I have 100 LBS left to go until I reach Goal Weight. How do you not get overwhelmed by that? I finally got back on plan and the scale is going down. But nervous about how I will react when scale not moving much. How do you deal with it?
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Nice work!!!!!!

Don't get overwhelmed by the big numbers... you are 31 pounds from ONEDERLAND!!!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I like to break it up smaller. You only have to loose 10 lbs 10 times now.

Good job on the weight loss so far. As you can see I have a long ways to go.
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

you're doing great so far, and you'll get there the same way you lost 32 lbs so far - 1 lb at a time.

But I do agree that there's no point focusing on the big goal, I'd definitely break things up into smaller and more manageable pieces. Even your Onederland goals is a little bit big to me, more like a medium term goal. So I'd pick something else too, to work at in the more immediate term - like 5 lbs, or maybe to get into the 2-teens. you'll still get to where you're going, but you'll get to enjoy more smaller victories along the way.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:54 PM   #5  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
I have 100 LBS left to go until I reach Goal Weight. How do you not get overwhelmed by that?
I put on the same blinders that I used while gaining the weight and simply refuse to look at how much I had/have to lose. As the others have said, focus on the next small goal, 5 or 10 pounds.

Celebrate the milestones as you go. Do you realize that with a BMI of 39.5, you are no longer morbidly obese? That is a huge accomplishment! Congratulations!

Quote:
But nervous about how I will react when scale not moving much. How do you deal with it?
I am afraid that I have more experience with this than I would like. It takes commitment, dedication, persistence, or even plain 'ol stubbornness. I just have to keep on keeping on. After all, I am not on a temporary diet. I have changed my life permanently.

You are worth it! You can do it!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:59 PM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Good for you! That's a wonderful accomplishment! And in just one more pound, you will be able to say that you no longer need to lose 100 lbs!

I don't focus on the big number at all. Right now I have 1.2 lbs to lose. I'll focus on the rest later.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 341/209.1/160

Height: 5'8"

Everyone else has pretty much said it..just focus on the smaller goals! I've been where you are and it does seem so overwhelming but just take it one day at a time. You are doing great so far!

~Kerri~
kerbear879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:23 PM   #8  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I guess you just put your head down and plow thru it right? No other options, just gotta do it. I never freaked out when the scale went up and uP and UP so I figure I owe myself the same sanity on the way down LOL I've lost more than 100lbs. now (WTF???) and I can't even believe it, as it wasn't painful or excruciating, I didn't weigh every week, just ate my 1800 cals and kept my head down and knew the rest would take care of itself. Believe me, if I can do it ANYONE in the world can do it LOL hang in there, just keep on truckin' day after boring day, there's no parade or anything LOL hopefully it will become a routine that you can do in your sleep and the rewards will follow!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

It's all been said already. I put it into smaller goals too. I only have to lose 50lbs TWICE You have already done over 30lbs which is a great success. Just keep going and take it one pound at a time. You are going to be here a year from now anyway, so why not control what goes in your body and be 100 x's happier and smaller in that same amount of time.
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:14 PM   #10  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I started with almost the exact amount you started with. I'm not there yet, but I haven't gone insane yet either. There are lots of ways to make it easier to deal with:
-break it into smaller amounts
-focus on the good habits you are building (nutritious food, regular exercise)
-keep track of and celebrate all of your NSVs
-use things other than the scale to measure progress (jeans, tape measure, pictures)
-think of what you have done already, not just what is still ahead - you are already almost 1/4 there, 1 more pound and you can say you have lost 1/4 of your extra weight
-reward yourself - not just for good scale numbers, also for NSVs and for just plain ol' having a good day or a good week
-make sure you talk to someone when you feel like it is about to be too much and you are about to crumble
-create healthy goals that have nothing to do with the scale (trying a new veggie each week, learning new recipes, being able to do a certain number of pushups, walk/running/biking a certain number of miles)
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:44 PM   #11  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Dude. I had 227 pounds to lose. I REJOICED when I got to just 100 pounds left to lose! lol!!!!

Break it into mini goals... you are sooo close to onderland! Awesome!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote