Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 11:04 AM   #1  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Default Momentum/Flex Chatterbox [Jan 2010] :)

I noticed that GivTLC started interest in a weekly chat back in October '09, but I haven't noticed a thread. Maybe I missed it?

Ah well, I've created this one for support and encouragement for all of our Ladies and Guys who have taken up the journey for a new and healthier us. And I give all credit to Giv for the thread idea,

Welcome, and Happy New Year!

Hm, to start us off...
Anyone want to share some of their goals or accomplishments?
Challenges?
Recent events that made you want to jump up and do a happy dance?

Well, hugs to you all, ,
Zan
Old 01-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #2  
Warning 3FC Addict

Default :)

Well, another 30 minutes before I'm off work for the day.

My goal for the weekend, walk two hours before I return to work Monday morning.

This is a rather quiet subforum.

Best of luck,

Zan
Old 01-08-2010, 03:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 236/224/180ish?

Height: 5'10"

You'd think it'd be more active since a lot of people use WW

I'm planning on trying the 30 Day Shred video today, I'm sure it will kick my butt. I've also convinced my brother to join WW
Old 01-08-2010, 09:23 PM   #4  
and Nibbles

S/C/G: 105 kg/102 kg/55 kg

Height: 5.1-5.2 ish..depending on the time of day

I'm joining karate on the 18th..the delay is because that is when it starts, not because of me ;-)
Old 01-11-2010, 11:59 AM   #5  
Warning 3FC Addict

I did it, . Went to the mall Saturday with my sister, we were up and walking for just under three hours before we walked around walmart and then Sams club. Only spent money on gloves for work and lunch and dinner (within my points). Then on Sunday I earned 35 minutes on the Wii fit with my mother.

ibcnuldu, converted another to WW, huh?
How was your video? Did you manage to get to it?

Snakewhissperer, awesome! I'm not brave enough to attempt something like that myself, , sounds like fun!
Old 01-12-2010, 02:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/129

Height: 5'4"

Accomplishment: I've been on plan on my own about 4 weeks now and have lost about 5lbs. It's a good start for me, and I'll be officially joining a WW at Work meeting on Thursday.

Goal: Get in more exercise, especially weights. I've been working my butt off (literally, lol :-) on the treadmill, but I need to pump some iron so that I don't lose too much muscle. I don't want to just get smaller -- I want to lose fat and keep as much muscle as I can!
Old 01-12-2010, 04:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 157/147/135

Oh, I am glad to find this thread. I have been on WW for 5 weeks now, and losing very slowly, but I am happy with my progress. The slowness of the loss is my own fault, not the program.

My goals for the week are doing yoga 3 mornings before work, walking every day at lunch, and NO diet cokes before class (or any other time for that matter!)

If I lose .4 this week at weigh in I get my 5lb star AND am in a new decade!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:55 AM   #8  
Warning 3FC Addict

SissieSue, awesome! Where do you think you start with the weights? I think I need to start that up myself as well. I could use a few ideas,

Julie131, I thought soda would be a hard thing to give up myself. But trying to get in all my water has seemed to distract me from it, and keeping sweet fruits easily accessable has really helped with the sugar cravings. Like tart green apples. I'm cheering you on for that 5 lb star!
Old 01-12-2010, 03:12 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 179/154/145

Height: 5'5"

I would love to join the conversation. I started WW again yesterday. I have done WW in the past being very successful. Last year proved to be a very challenging year for me....I lost my father to cancer, had a medical scare myself, my only child went away to college. I will stop there because the pity party is over. Now is the time for me to take care of me.

I am determined to drop the weight and would love to have others to keep me focused and on track.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:00 PM   #10  
Warning 3FC Addict

Glad to have you, Donnalynn!

Well, I don't know about you ladies, but I'm heading out the door to get some walking done. Finished my grocery shopping, measured and put everything away, and now I'm off!

Let's see if I can brave the cold for at least an hour,
Well, cold for florida that is...

Can't wait to hear how you guys are doing!
Zan

---------------Edit---------------
Well, 30 Minutes will have to do tonight, I seemed to have pissed off a pair of black ankle-biters (it's a loving term, really!). And encouraging their barking at nearly 8pm is a bad idea with retired ladies and gents around (not to mention the few that still work days like me!).
Ah well. Goal half-accomplished.
----------------------------------

Last edited by zanheltangia; 01-12-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:48 PM   #11  

Well zanheltangia, I hope your walk was good and you didn't freeze your arse off! Or maybe I should hope you did! LOL!

Everyone else I am looking forward to sharing our trials and tribulations.

Well, my diet coke wagon didn't last long. I will try again tomorrow.

I did ok today aside from the coke setback. I did Yoga this morning, walked at lunch. My eating has been OP and life is good. Treadmill tomorrow morning for 45 minutes.

Everyone else?
Old 01-13-2010, 01:40 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 236/224/180ish?

Height: 5'10"

Hope everyone is doing well

I lost about a pound and a half last week. I've been super busy lately with work and school, but I'm still staying on track!
Old 01-13-2010, 02:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/129

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanheltangia View Post
SissieSue, awesome! Where do you think you start with the weights? I think I need to start that up myself as well. I could use a few ideas,
I'll probably start with mostly upper-body weights because I'm vain and want killer shoulders I think I'm going to stick with the basics and use free weights instead of the machines. I can never get the machines to work quite right, but with weights, I just have to lift them. I have a long-term goal of being able to bench press whatever my body weight is . . . but right now I can only do about 40lbs! I'll keep on trying, though!

I found some great ideas on the Body for Life website. Those folks who do that program really strive to get toned, and there are worksheets available for free that give great upper-body and lower-body weight workouts. There are even some videos that demonstrate the moves.

Good luck, zanheltangia, with your weight-lifting adventures!
Old 01-13-2010, 07:43 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 179/154/145

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Ladies,
So glad to have folks to talk to. I see that most of you have exercise goals so I will start by sharing mine. I am committed to doing strength training at least 4 days/wk and cardio 5 days/wk. I know it's just Wednesday but so far so good.

It's been very cold and snowy in TN for almost a month now so walking must be done inside....can't wait for sunshine.

I wish a wonderful Wednesday to all!
Old 01-13-2010, 02:16 PM   #15  

Hey all! Glad to see everyone is motivated!

I did my treadmill workout this morning. It is 45 minutes and really a challenge. If anybody wants it I would be happy to forward it. Going for a run after work because it is absolutely beautiful outside for a change.

Take care all,
Julie
Closed Thread