South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 10:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 173/136/125

Height: 4"11'

Default Starting south beach again

Hello everyone,
My name is Lauren and i've done south beach before, always do really well for my first week or two, lose weight, and then baked goods start calling my name, gain it back, i'm sure you know the drill. Well this time, I'm gonna go all the way with it. I'm gonna be committed, and actually go further than phase I. I have a potential trip coming up at the end of March and want to be 20 pounds lighter. I just needed to say that (or type that) out loud to make myself accountable. Hope everyone's having a great night
Old 01-19-2010, 11:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Nice to meet you Lauren. I'm on week 4 of my third time at SB. I do well in Phases 1 and 2 but can't handle 3. This time I plan to lose it for good Being here helps a lot with motivation - you can do it!!
Old 01-20-2010, 12:08 AM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Lauren! Being held accountable is a great strategy for success!

Have you sat down and analyzed why baked goods start "calling your name?" If you are following P1, by the end of the first week, you should be free from physical cravings, which should make it easy for you to avoid baked goods. If that doesn't happen, either you're letting sugar into your diet, so the detox doesn't work, or, perhaps, SBD isn't right for you. If the latter is true, you might find a plan that allows you to have baked goods, but teaches you to limit your portions (like Weight Watchers) is better for you. Either way, you do need to figure out what has happened in the past, and then plan ways to avoid that trap this time. Setting up accountability can be one of the ways to do that. Ensuring baked goods aren't around you (or, if that's impossible, ensuring you have a game plan for how you'll deal with them, mentally and physically, when you do encounter them) is another possible way. If you want help figuring it out, please post and we'll all do our best.

You also might want to read the thread stickied in the main forum about how to set yourself up for success on this plan. It's full of great ideas!

Glad you're here! Here's to a 2010 full of health!
Old 01-20-2010, 03:04 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Lauren and

The forum is great here. I have found that checking in every day really helps me to stick with the plan. I did a completely clean P1, and made a 6 month commitment to myself to stay OP. I'm really happy with this WOE.

Best wishes!
Old 01-20-2010, 06:10 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

I also found that my cravings disappeared. Right now there are cookies and tortilla chips in the house and I'm really not even tempted. I was vigilant about the detox aspect of Phase 1 though in the first 12 days I did it (before I went on vacation) but even on vacation I did not eat carbs.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:36 AM   #6  

I have to say that the cravings are gone for me too. It has been a strange thing for me b/c I have always done WW or Low fat type diets and have always struggled with cravings but not on SB! There are Sun Chips, Pop Tarts, and Baked Lays right now in my pantry and I am not even tempted! I've even made garlic bread for my children and husband when I made the V8 Chili and was not tempted. So thankful I found this plan and this board!
Old 01-20-2010, 06:40 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi Lauren and welcome to the board!
Old 01-20-2010, 06:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

back, Lauren! I'm glad you made your way back here, and you sound like you're motivated and committed to make this lifestyle plan a success this time around.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:01 AM   #9  
Be happy.

Hi Lauren
Old 01-20-2010, 08:33 AM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi Lauren

This forum is the greatest. The girls here always make me feel !

I do worry about your goal -- you are starting out with so little to lose that I worry your goal isn't realistic for two months time. After Ph1, where you for your size as your signature suggests, might lose 3-5 pounds, that would mean you'd need to lose 2-4 pounds a week thereafter. I am not saying it's not doable. But I don't want you to get frustrated with the scale! Maybe re-think it or add some inches/clothing fitting to the goal?
Old 01-20-2010, 08:40 AM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

Jenn, the second time I did a full two week Phase 1, I didn't lose a single pound! I was even working out and watching my calories. It was so discouraging. I decided after that that I'd do five days and reevaluate the craving issue if I needed to, but not bother with full two weeks again. It did make me realize how South Beach isn't a miracle weight loss plan.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:42 PM   #12  

Thanks everyone for your advice and welcoming posts. I had a great first day back today. Ate really clean and worked out for an hour.

Thanks Jenn for saying you didn't think I had a lot to lose, it feels like a ton to me. I'd be happy to lose something and hopefully tone up a lot cuz i'm doing the slim in 6 program. We'll see how it goes.

Very glad to be here
Old 01-21-2010, 06:12 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 218/176/150

Height: Five foot Three inches

Wow that's a great goal to loose 20lbs, just focus on doing it the right way and sticking to it.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:51 AM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

What is the Slim in 6 program? I'm curious!
Old 01-23-2010, 09:19 AM   #15  

Slim in 6 is a beach body exercise program. The instructor is Debbie Siebers. It's a 6 week program that has 3 phases. Phase 1 is where you learn how to do all the moves correctly and you do that for about 2 days. That video is 25 min. Then you move on to the second phase, ramp it up. You do that until the end of the 2nd week and that one is 48 minutes.
The third phase is called Burn it up and you do it for 4 weeks straight. It's an hour long.

The workouts are to be done 6 days a week with one day for resting. It's really supposed to tone you up and help with weight loss. I like it so far. I see a lot of toning going on and i can feel all my muscles, but in a good way.
Closed Thread