General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Looking for Fat Smash buddy

Hey everyone! I'm planning on starting Phase I of the Fat Smash Diet tomorrow and I would really like to find someone that I can email/chat/PM, etc. as a support system. It's really hard to get by when there is no one to really talk to that understands. I have done Fat Smash before and had good results. I don't remember why we stopped. Laziness, I guess.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:02 AM   #2  

I'll buddy up with you! I have been doing Fat Smash for a week, and went from 162 to 157. Truthfully, the diet is very vague, and I got myself somewhere between Fat Smash and Extreme Fat Smash. I read both books. I am feeling great!

Here's a sample of what I do. I am journaling in another website, maybe I should move it here.

Day 7
Food:
Meal 1 - 8:00 - 1 cup brown rice with cinnamon
Meal 2 - 11:30 - Salad with chopped egg whites, low fat Italian dressing
Meal 3 - 3:00 - Steamed veggies (red cabbage, celery, snow peas,cauliflower) with white cannoli beans and tamari soy sauce. (I LOVE tamari sauce). Cucumber slices, large tangerine
Meal 4 - 5:00 - Soy burger (70 calories), 1 slice sweet potato, large apple
Meal 5 - 1/2 sweet potato, 6 steamed shrimps.

Exercise - 2 hours of dancing.

Sandy
SandyJas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 182.8/163.2/155

Height: 5'8"

Hi Shauna, count me in too! I just started FatSmash again this morning. I too did it before, lost 20 lbs, then fell off the wagon to find that 20 lbs I originally lost...I know it can be done and I'm going to do it! This diet really is awesome and very easy to follow. Starting weight is 175 and I want to get down to at least 155. Motorcycle season is coming soon and I don't want to be a fat motorcycle momma!

Here's my plan for today:

Meal 1: 1 c cooked oatmeal with 1/2 c applesause

Meal 2: 100 calorie bag of 94% fatfree popcorn

Meal 3: 1/2 c chick peas with 2 c mixed raw veggies (turnip, sweet potatoes, carrots, celery, green & red peppers, mushrooms, red onion all diced up) with 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp teryaki sauce and sprinkle of chicken/pork rub spice

Meal 4: 3/4 c ff plain yogurt with 1/2 c fresh blueberries

Meal 5 will be 1/2 c brown rice, 3 oz tofu, shredded cabbage, brocolli & cauliflower stirfry

Meal 6 (if I really need it) will probably be 1/2 c ff plain yogurt with 1/2 c fresh blueberries.

I plan on either walking 1/2 hr during lunch or jumping on my treadmill tonight to get in 2-3 miles on it. I ordered 30 Day Shred from Netflix and that should be in today. If it is as good as everyone says it is and I like it, I will purchase it from WalMart. We'll see how it goes...

Well, I guess I've talked your ear off , so I'll sign off for now. Thanks for listening and good luck to you! I'll check in again later!

Tammy
mattraces5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:39 AM   #4  

hi

I would like to join you guys on the Fat Smash, just tell me what it is, or if there is a specific eating plan, let me have it!
undertall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:15 PM   #5  

Hey Tammy,
Food sounds great! The only suggestion I would make is, can you get an air popper to make your own air popped popcorn? I have one, not sure if they still make 'em. It is just as quick as microwaved, only it is fat free. I put a little garlic powder and dill weed on it, and maybe a spritz of butter flavored spray.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:16 PM   #6  

Undertall, I found this somewhere, do the rest of you guys think it is correct?

1. Phase I - Detox - This phase lasts 9 days. In this phase you will eat mostly fruits and vegetables. The idea is to cleanse your body of junk and you eliminate things like alcohol and caffeine. By increasing fruits and vegetables you increase the body's ability to cleanse itself on the cellular level. You can eat all the fruits & veggies you want except white potatoes and avocados. You also can have the following: legumes/beans & tofu, 1 cup of oatmeal, 2 cups of brown rice, 2 cups low fat or 1% milk, 2 6oz yogurts and 4 egg whites (eggbeaters) only water & 2 cups of herbal tea to drink. You also get a very limited amount of olive oil dressing to use. This Phase lasts for 9 days. 3 tablespoons low fat dressing on salads. Food is raw, grilled, or steamed. Use minimal amount, 1 - 2 teaspoons olive oil for grilling.

All fruits, any quantity. All vegetables except white potatoes and avocados. Protein - beans, tofu, lentils. Brown rice - 2 cups cooked per day. 2 cups of milk or soy milk. 2 cups herbal tea.
Sample schedule
8am meal, 11a heavy snack,. 2pm meal, 5 pm light snack, 7pm meal , 9pm light snack
At least 4 meals per day.

2. Phase II - Foundation - This phase lasts 3 weeks. In this phase you eat the same foods as phase I, except you will reintroduce lean meats. Phase 2 is for 3 weeks and you keep everything you are eating in phase I & add in most protein meat chicken turkey fish (except pork), 1 whole egg add unsweetend ceral, 1 oz of cheese, coffee 1 10 oz cup & 2 diet pops a day come back.

3. Phase III - Construction - This phase lasts 4 weeks. In this phase you eat the same foods as phase I & II except you will reintroduce whole wheat pasta and bread. Phase 3 4 weeks: increase the amounts of protein, adds ff mayo & peanut butter, 2 whole eggs, 3 cups of lf milk now & 1.3 oz of lf/ff cheese, 2 cups of freshly squeezed juice & whole grains bread 4 slices a day, 1 cup of pasta and 1 desert serving per day.

4. Phase IV - The Temple - This phase is for life. In this phase you eat the same foods as phase I,II, & III. In addition to those foods, you can eat some white starches (ie. white rice, potatoes) as well as have a couple of glasses of wine or beer each week. Phase 4 for life every food you want come back including alcohol & all sweets/chips everything. the idea is your able to now handle a snack or high fat meal & go back to your regular good habits you have learned to retrain your body with.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:03 PM   #7  

Hi SandyJas!

As a matter of fact, I do have a hot air popper. I've had it for years...How much do you put in for kernels to get the proper amount for a single serving? The garlic powder and dill weed sound great. I'll have to try that! Thanks for the input!

Tammy
Old 01-19-2010, 04:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Height: 5'4"

Well I need to restart Phase I again, after eating anything and everything for about a week. So I will join in again. One day I am going to get this right.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:04 PM   #9  

mattraces, I looked it up, and 1 cup of air popped popcorn is 31 calories. I would start with 1 tablespoon and then measure how much it makes.

life4ever, you can do it!!!!! Just get back on the horse
Old 01-19-2010, 09:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Height: 5'4"

SandyJas I am trying lack of planning and the cafe at the school are killing me.

Mattraces I tried just putting 1 tablespoon in my popper and it didn't work out to well. The kernels kept on flying out. I thought it was just because it is old, lol. But the new one I was going to get looks exactly like the old one.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:48 AM   #11  

What I think I'm going to do is pop a bunch of popcorn and then put portions in ziplock bags that way I won't have the kernels flying out of the popper and I can do a bunch at one time! I LOVE popcorn and am so glad to be able to have it. When I did FSD in the past, I used the 94% FF 100 cal bags and it never slowed my weight loss. I'm going to try the hot air popcorn and see if that makes any difference....We'll see...

Well, I did great with my eating yesterday. I drank 96 oz of water and am very happy that I completed day one on the right foot! However, I didn't get to work out at all. My husband works for the highway department and was on call, so he went to bed early. Needless to say, I had to be quiet...Oh well, I'll make sure that I jump on that treadmill tonight. One step at a time and one day at a time. A little change is better than no change at all!

Hope everyone has a great day! I'm going to do my best!!

Last edited by mattraces5; 01-20-2010 at 07:50 AM. Reason: editing - left out the word happy
Old 01-21-2010, 07:41 AM   #12  

Well, today is day 3 for me. Hasn't been too bad...I've stayed on plan with the exception of the exercise . Man, I really need to work on that, but I suppose I'll have to take it one day and one task at a time. I know I'll get to it. How's everyone doing anyway? It's been kind of quiet on this thread...is anyone out there?!?!?

Happy smashing everyone !
Old 01-21-2010, 10:18 AM   #13  

Today is my 12th day on the diet, so I guess I am on Phase 2 Day 3. So far I have gone from 162 to 155.4, total loss of 6.6 pounds.

Tammy, congrats on the nice work! Yeah me too on needing to step up the exercise. I tried one that was fun yesterday, though! It was on FitTV, the Bollywood Dance Workout. Only 20 minutes, though, I think I will have to do 2 shows back to back to get a good workout. I had been doing treadmill, but I think the repetitive motion was aggravating my hip.

Last night I was craving a sweet drink, so I squeezed half a lemon in some water and sweetened it with aspartame. I know that stuff is unhealthy, but a couple of packs should be ok. I also craved "crunchy". I had some raw snow peas in the fridge that worked perfectly to satisfy that craving.

Sandy

Last edited by SandyJas; 01-21-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:36 AM   #14  

Sandy, nice job with the 6.6 lb loss ! That's awesome! The last time I was on FSD I stayed on Phase 1 for a long time. I really liked the foods I was eating and didn't mind not having meat at all. I found that I really love chickpeas and tofu. Who'da thunk?!?! I know, I surprised myself!!! So I think that even though I only have 20-25 lbs to lose, I'm still going to stay on Phase 1 for a while.

As far as exercising goes, I just found out that our Healthy Communities Coalition is sponsoring a 100 Miles in 100 Days Challenge. I called there today and am going at lunch time to sign up and get the packet. Who can't walk at least 1 mile a day? I know I definitely can and now I will be held accountable so I will HAVE to get some walking in. Thankfully, we're getting more daylight (33 minutes since Dec 21st ) and, believe me, I'm loving that fact. Evenings during the summer/fall are when I get most of my 3-5 mile walk per day in. I love that time of year. Anyway, is there anything like that challenge going on in your area?

As far as the aspartame goes, I still use it. I still have to have my coffee in the morning and when I start cooking dinner in the evening. Sorry, Dr. Ian, but that's something I just can't do without! It didn't stall my weight loss the last time I did the program, so I'm going to continue with it this time! The raw snow peas sound really good! I haven't thought about having them in a long time. Guess I'm going to have to go to Wallyworld! Thanks for the idea!

Wow, am I a chatty Kathy today or what?!?!? Sorry.. Anyway, hope you have a great day and keep in touch! I don't know about you, but I need all the support I can get!

Tammy
Old 01-21-2010, 12:28 PM   #15  
Getting there lbs by lbs

S/C/G: 346/260/184

Height: 6

Has anyone went from the Extreme to regular? If so, how was the transition? I'm doing extreme (finishing up cycle 1) and will transition to the regular after 2 phases (6 cycles).

So far so good, but unfortunately I didn't read the recommendation of starting the regular FS if you are needing to lose more than 25 until AFTER I started. But I’m thinking the transition should be fairly easy.

Last edited by tryinghardtolose; 01-21-2010 at 12:29 PM.
tryinghardtolose is offline   Reply With Quote