View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 12:22 PM   #8
HealthierLori

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5" and 48 years old

Wow, this is great info! I guess I AM doing the Atkins diet, after all - I'm just doing the OWL phase rather than the initial two week phase, because I am not restricting myself as to what fruits and vegetables I choose. But I am absolutely concentrating on lean protein, complex carbs like beans, and veggies and fruits. I'm allowing myself some fat (like cooking with a bit of olive oil) but trying not to overdo it too much because the calories do add up. So I guess I really am doing the Atkins diet after all! Cool!
PS. I did read the Atkins book and I tried the first phase of the diet, but it's been years now. I should probably get the book and read it again. I do still have the Atkins cookbook though - good recipes! I remember I did lose weight and felt super (good energy, actually felt almost insanely good, way better than normal in fact) but the carb cravings eventually got me. So I learned that there is no way I could stay on the most restrictive phase of the diet indefinitely. I kind of just have to work within my own limitations. So what I'm trying this time is basically the OWL phase I guess. Although I should get the book and read it again. I know I totally agreed with his theories, they made sense to me.
PPS - You know I bet I'm in ketosis anyhow this week, in spite of not being overly careful about the carbs, because my breath smells the same as it did when I did the initial two week phase. You know, that kind of icky breath you get, hard to describe...?

Last edited by HealthierLori : 01-19-2010 at 12:45 PM. Reason: PS then PPS
HealthierLori is offline   Reply With Quote