View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 11:39 AM   #9
pamatga
Simply Filling Technique

Lightbulb

Congratulations Moveforward on your initial start at losing weight and regaining your health.

One of the most difficult aspects of reclaiming my life as a former "thin" person is learning to listen to my own inner voice. I was a people pleaser when I was thin and I carried that right along with me as I gained all of this extra weight. I doubt myself all the time, even though I recognize that in me. I have found that the best way to be rid of people pleasing is to make decisions that you can "own". The more you do that the stronger you will feel. Expect some other people's feathers to get ruffled. That is the key turning point though when you can make a decision and no one else may agree with you.

As long as you are losing your weight in a healthy and safe way, the actual mechanics are really an individual choice. Not everyone will agree with you. Expect that so when it does happen you won't be upset. For awhile you will feel outside of your comfort zone but the more you practice listening to your own wisdom the closer you will be to finding out what will help you lose weight and then keep it off.

As they say in the 12 Step programs "Take what you want and leave the rest!" Works for me!

Good Luck and God Bless!