Old 01-17-2010, 11:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

Default Wii Fit obsessed!

I know there are a few others who have this or are thinking about it - I'm becoming obsessed with mine! lol!

I've had it for 4 weeks and my time counter just turned bronze, because I've accumulated a total of 10 hours of activity time. (will be another hour or so today on top of that!)

And I just figured out how to combine Walk Away The Pounds with the Wii Fit. They do let you add other activity in, but that's not as much fun. And there is a free step program where you can set it for 10, 20 or 30 minutes and the Wiimote clicks for you to pace while you do steps on and off the balance board while watching a regular tv show. I try to do that a few nights a week. But that wouldn't work with WATP because you move around a lot, so you can't just stay in one place and step on and off the balance board.

I realized today that there is also a Free Run program where you hold the Wiimote and that tracks your movement. So I set that up and had it track while I did the 2 mile WATP. It gave me credit for more than two miles, but that may be because there is so much other movement - walking back and forth and sidesteps, plus lots of arms, leg lifts and kickbacks, etc.

This is such a great way to combine my new obsession with something I wanted to do anyway. and aside from the 30 minutes of the WATP/free run, I'll probably end up with another hour or more of the rest of the stuff I like to do like the obstacle course and boxing and some of the balance games.

If anyone is thinking about getting a Wii, I really can't recommend it enough, I LOVE mine!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:02 PM   #2  
the camera adds 10 lbs

S/C/G: 258/ticker/185

my kids got me wiifit for christmas...ive goofed around with it a little, but i really plan on using it when the storms come and i cant walk outside...can you get a good workout from it???
david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I just got mine so I haven't gotten quite as obsessed as Peanutsmom yet, but I can see that happening. I was playing on it and the next thing I knew, I had done 30 minutes of activity and I was like, WOW, that went by quick. Like I said on the other thread, if there is anything that could make exercise fun, this has got to be it.

Yes, there are some things on here that can give you a good work out. I LOVE the rhythm boxing and after you do that a few times, you can feel your heart pumping. I imagine when I get past the beginner stages I will be sweating when I do this too. I also did one of the bonus games tonight where you "flap your wings" to fly from location to location and that one gets your heart rate up quite a bit too. My two favorites so far are the rhythm boxing and the ski slalom. I have gotten much better at the ski slalom just in 2 days. I have gone from missing 10 gates to missing 2. I think it is getting harder though. I tried a bunch of new stuff tonight some of which I will want to do again so my favorites may change over time. I tried skateboarding tonight and that was fun.

I'm really curious about getting it to track other activities. I was disappointed it couldn't track my shaun white snowboarding which was much more intense than the snowboarding on there even though it was done on the balance board. Are there only certain activities it can track?
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:55 PM   #4  

Yep....I am sorta obsessed. Well, 'obsessed' might be a bit too strong, but I do love the Wii Fit Plus! I look so forward each day to going home and getting on it. I am having so much fun, and getting some exercise, too! I mostly enjoy the games that really get your heart pounding and muscles working (hula hoops, bicycling, flying, jogging, advanced step, etc.) Even some of the balance games can give your muscles a bit of a burn if you do them just right. For example, the slalom snowboarding makes my thighs burn if I keep my knees bent the whole time and do it several times in a row. Wii Fit Plus rocks!!
Wiiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/172.8/145

Height: 5'2

I got a wii recently too. I just have played the sport games that came with it but I am afraid to hook up my wii fit plus! For the exact reason Peanut said. I have a book I am reading, a jigsaw puzzle I'm working on, got a free subscription to a internet game site that will be up soon so I have been playing that as much as I can before subscription runs out. I am thinking between all those and work how in the world is showering and all that stuff gonna fit in.
I do have the holiday off so I am hooking it up after I get off of here.
DisgruntledOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #6  

David -

I think if someone is in really good shape to start with, a lot of the Wii Fit stuff will not necessarily be a *great* work out, but it can still be fun and a moderate workout. For someone like me who hasn't been regularly active in a while, I can definitely get an intense work out and really break a sweat.

Petra -

You can log in extra Fit Credits - you go to the graph that has your fit credits and click on that, and then you can input additional time and it will count in your totals. I mostly don't do that, but I will admit that time I might have spent doing other activities, I do the Wii Fit instead. I don't mean outdoor activities, just if I was going to ride my stationary bike, I do the Wii instead. I'm sure that once it's not my brand new toy, I'll be slightly less obsessed.

Wiiki - glad to see someone else who is almost as (sorta) obsessed as me! lol!
Old 01-18-2010, 02:02 PM   #7  

Hi Disgruntled One, I was posting at the same time as you. Hope you do hook up the Wii Fit and that you enjoy it as much as I do!
Old 01-18-2010, 04:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/172.8/145

Height: 5'2

it is up and running. And guess what so was I!!!!! I haven't ran in ages and K know its not "real" runnning but I did it and was sweating!! YAY me. And little hulu girl how much fun is that!!
DisgruntledOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Disgruntledone-wait till you try the boxing. I have to be careful because I'm afraid I'm gonna punch the TV

The one thing that kind of freaked me out, the first day it gives you your "fit age" It said mine was 66. What the **** was that? I'm hoping that's because they had no idea how much activity I'm used to doing and the next time I do that they will modify that number.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone -- I don't have a wii, and was wondering how you hook it up to a TV. How do I know it will work? Can I hook it up to my computer instead? Thanks! CJ
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:53 PM   #11  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

im addicted my piggy bank is silver ..and ive banked 20 something hours..My favorate workouts are the free run becasue i can watch tv. also i love the hula becasue i can work out my hips and thighs believe me u feel the burn.. My brother loves the golfing as for me i have a theory people with boobs are at a disadvantage lol well thats my excuse lol...
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:14 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by petra65 View Post
Disgruntledone-wait till you try the boxing. I have to be careful because I'm afraid I'm gonna punch the TV

The one thing that kind of freaked me out, the first day it gives you your "fit age" It said mine was 66. What the **** was that? I'm hoping that's because they had no idea how much activity I'm used to doing and the next time I do that they will modify that number.
each time you do the Fit Test, it gives you your age. I think it's mostly based on how you do on the specific tests - they change every time. I've been anything from low 30s into my 60s! I don't do the Fit Test every day because it also does your weight and I don't usually use it until the evening on weekdays and don't want that weight messing me up when I know it will be higher. But I generally do it on weekends, the tests are sort of fun, I think.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:17 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJZee View Post
Hi everyone -- I don't have a wii, and was wondering how you hook it up to a TV. How do I know it will work? Can I hook it up to my computer instead? Thanks! CJ
yes, just like DisgruntledOne said, it's very easy to hook up- for me the hardest part was moving the TV so that I could get to the back of it to plug in the cable. It's just like plugging in a DVD player or something like that. I don't know if it would play on a computer screen, but you can have it go through your computer and play against friends or download new games. I don't at this point as my computer and tv aren't that close to each other but I may get a wireless card at some point.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:18 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIARA View Post
im addicted my piggy bank is silver ..and ive banked 20 something hours..My favorate workouts are the free run becasue i can watch tv. also i love the hula becasue i can work out my hips and thighs believe me u feel the burn.. My brother loves the golfing as for me i have a theory people with boobs are at a disadvantage lol well thats my excuse lol...
great job using your Wii!!

I'll look forward to my silver piggy bank - should be another week or two for me.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:28 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJZee View Post
Wanna borrow my 18-year-old? He hooked it up for me, but like a previous poster said, it hooks up just like your DVD player. TVs have gotten more complicated, though, and we have all of these 'input' options on the TV. My son hooked it up so that I go down to "Video 2" for the Wii (Video 1 is our DVD player). So, that's my advice--borrow a teenage boy!!!
Wiiki is offline   Reply With Quote