Old 01-17-2010, 01:05 PM   #1  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Smile New Jillian DVD

Hey,
I just wanted to let everybody know that coming out Mar. 2 Jillian Michaels will be putting out a new wrkout dvd called "Yoga Meltdown" I'm looking forward to that. I love doing yoga. Jillian introduces a new yoga workout unlike any other. Combining hard-core yoga power poses with her dynamic training techniques, Jillian will get you real weight-loss results fast. YOGA MELTDOWN includes two complete 30-minute workouts that include a warm-up and cooldown. Begin with the Level 1 workout which focuses on quickly flowing yoga sequences to burn mega calories. Then progress to Level 2 which adds twists and balance poses for an even greater burn.

Last edited by jmfan317; 01-17-2010 at 01:08 PM.
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

This is great news. I adore JM! I have seriously wanted to try Yoga for several months now. Thank you.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: ♡See Ticker♡

Height: 68"

I have all her dvds.. Love her !!
Mikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 174/137/124

Height: 5 feet 3''

Perfect, I can't wat!
teddine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Whooooo!!!!! Can't wait! I have such admiration and respect for her! Just love her! She and Bob have become my health and fitness idol's!

Thighs Be Gone-If you haven't already, try The Biggest Loser's Weightloss Yoga! That's the dvd that had me falling head over heals in love with yoga. All three levels are with Bob and don't let his adorableness fool you he has you working up a sweat in this dvd!
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:56 AM   #6  
Weight is Just a Number!

S/C/G: 217/174/141

Height: 5'5"

SO excited! Have you all heard of Sadie Nardini though? She's a yoga instructor in NYC and she focuses on weight-loss yoga, Vinyasa type flows (aka, mega-calorie burners). She has a bunch of GREAT videos on YouTube, including classes and flows you can follow. Just search for her on YouTube while you're waiting for Jillian's DVD's
kristyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165.6/158.4/130

Height: 5'7"

So those of you who do yoga....I really want too but I have real trouble when I do. I am extremely inflexible and the downward dog makes my arms and shoulders hurt (and I don't mean burn, I mean hurt). Any suggestions where to start?
crcossel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

That sounds like fun... I like Jillian a lot.

And she's not very flexible, just like me, so it will probably be right at my level.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:18 PM   #9  
Weight is Just a Number!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crcossel View Post
So those of you who do yoga....I really want too but I have real trouble when I do. I am extremely inflexible and the downward dog makes my arms and shoulders hurt (and I don't mean burn, I mean hurt). Any suggestions where to start?
Flexibility is one of those things that you lose as you get older, and if you don't practice it, you lose it even more. But, don't fret! You can get it back.

You're going to have take baby steps. I suggest getting a yoga strap and/or a yoga block if you're serious. Of course, you can use a phone book and a long towel or scarf as a block and strap, so you can start right now. These things will help you get more into stretches, increasing your flexibility.

As for downward dog, you don't have to go so far into the stretch. You can start in just a v pose, wherever you can go. Use the block or phonebook for your hands until you can get to where you need to be.

If you keep practicing, it WILL get easier, I promise. The comcast on demand workouts have some good beginner yoga on them. Or, search YouTube, there are a TON of beginner yoga workouts. Find one you can do, and do it everyday (they are only like 10 minutes long) and eventually you will be able to do harder poses.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:04 PM   #10  

Wow thank you. My flexibility doesn't have alot to do with being older. Im 30 but I was born with dislocated hips and spend the first 3 years of my life in casts and braces from the waist down. So I have a general idea of how to use the brick thing...but how do I use the strap? What poses?
Old 01-18-2010, 01:26 PM   #11  
Weight is Just a Number!

Quote:
Wow thank you. My flexibility doesn't have alot to do with being older. Im 30 but I was born with dislocated hips and spend the first 3 years of my life in casts and braces from the waist down. So I have a general idea of how to use the brick thing...but how do I use the strap? What poses?
Any pose where you need to bring your legs toward your head. You just loop it around your ankle and gently pull.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:27 PM   #12  
Weight is Just a Number!

Quote:
Oh, and I didn't mean that to come across as you aren't flexible because you are older. I just meant if you don't stretch every single day, you lose your flexibility over time. You obviously have other issues, but it's probably a combination of both.

Since you have other issues, have you checked with your physician to see if Yoga is a good match for you?
Old 01-18-2010, 05:42 PM   #13  

Yes. Actually my physician is one of my best friends from childhood and she's recommended it several times. I just struggle so bad its easy to give up. I think I'll try your advice
Old 01-22-2010, 09:27 PM   #14  

I can't imagine what Jillian will have in store for us in her Yoga workout. I will definitely be buying it though!
Deana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #15  

I'm sure I'll buy it when it's available, as I have ALL of Jillians DVDS and love them. Right now though, I'm dedicated to a yoga class at my gym and to YogaWorks DVDs. Hopefully Jillian won't make me hate yoga like she makes me hate squats!
Ann21 is offline   Reply With Quote