South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 03:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Super Dooper Sunday

Wake up sleepy heads! Today is my first day of P2! There are no suitable P2 things in the house yet. I should have some stuff by Monday even if I have to use my shopping money to get it! I pay Mom/Dad a little money for me to still live in their home, lol. I am determined to reach goal, then maintenance this time around. Life is going well. I once had a bad relationship with my parents but it's improving. I'm gonna have a job interview next week. God is good.

P.S. next time I take it upon myself to get us started, I'll remember that Saturday and Sunday are under Weekend Chat.

Last edited by BellaLucia; 01-17-2010 at 05:47 AM. Reason: spacing issues
Old 01-17-2010, 05:47 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

FoodObsessed, you are one heck of an early riser! No problem with Sat/Sun chat. It used to be very quiet in here on the weekends with few posts but now we have a bunch of clucking chickies.

Woke up too darned early but didn't get up until now. The dogs were super happy to see me this morning for some reason and went charging out the door. Maybe the mild spell is making them think spring.

Dinner at my sister's last night was good and we caught up on a lot of news. She's off to Hawaii and then Vancouver for a week or so. Sometimes I'm really envious but I try to just enjoy vicariously. Hawaii sounds pretty good right now.

Church this morning, some financial stuff to finish up and then the day is mine. I just might watch a film on the DVD or run into town for an ironing board. I've been procrastinating on that niggle for a while!

Of course, since it's Sooper Dooper Sunday, I should make soup!

Come and chat.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:00 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all. My eyes popped open at 4:30, so I guess I'll join the party, coffee in hand!!

Obsessed, good for you for completing p1 ! Now it's time to test. Just take it slow adding foods and you should be on your way to a long healthy life. Glad you and your parents have a good relationship now. I treasure my kids (all grown!) and could not imagine not having them in my life.

Ruth, sounds like you had fun last night! I wish my sister was closer so we could get together more than once or twice a year. She may be bringing my Mom to visit this summer...can't wait!

Me, nothing much today. It's still nasty and rainy, but I have to go to the grocery store anyway. Other than that, just have to work on a couple of powerpoints and play with the wii! Got all my tests graded yesterday and the house cleaned and did a couple of beginning of the week powerpoints, so I can kind of relax today. Off of school tomorrow and my husband is off too, so I want to go see "Young Victoria" if it is playing locally.

Speaking of my new wii friend, I am kinda sore this morning...didn't think I would be since I go to the gym every day....wrong!! That's a good thing, cause now I know what I'm not working at the gym.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by femmecreole; 01-17-2010 at 06:00 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:37 AM   #4  

Thanks Ruth/femmecreole. I have been more involved on this website and it's helped me alot.

Last edited by BellaLucia; 01-17-2010 at 06:39 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Sunday!

Cyndi, I should keep track of the birds I see. Watching birds is fun!

FO, You are up WAY too early! As you get older, you will cherish your relationship with your parents, I promise.

Ruth, It's wonderful that you are close to your sister. I miss my sister. You should go to Hawaii with her!

Cat, Have you seen in the news the need for Creole speaking interpreters in Haiti? Do you speak Creole?

Atlanta, It's been way too long since I've had an adventure!

Me: If it's not raining, we are going to the flea market this morning. I haven't been this month because it's been frigid -- less than 25*! Heck, the vendors don't show up when it's that cold!

Auston spent the night with his cousin Shepard last night. He always comes home with great stories. Shepard's mother is not a cook. She fixes lots of pre-made things for dinner. Last time Auston went, she made those little square pizza roll things. He informed her, "That's not pizza!"

Hope someone has an adventure this weekend! Tell me about it!

Last edited by Chelby29; 01-17-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

It's going to be a Sooper Dooper Soaker Sunday here. Rain, rain, and lots of it. At least it's mild enough not to turn into ice.

FoodObsessed, you are quite the Early Bird! Congratulations on completing Phase 1! Now you are starting the serious weightloss that will stay with you the rest of your life. Remember to add your grains and fruit slowly, and you'll be setting yourself up for success. Good luck!

Ruth, I'm glad you were able to enjoy dinner with your sister last night. Were they able to ski? Have fun shopping for a new ironing board. Are you able to get one that you can install on the back of a door?

Cat, I'm still procrastinating on getting a Wii. I'm glad you're enjoying yours so much. Have fun at the movies, if you go!

I think it's going to be a quiet day around here. I WILL go visit Mom & Dad this morning, and the kids are coming for chicken & dumplings later. I'm making a baked squash casserole for myself, so no trouble staying OP. I've been noticing that my jeans are getting looser, so that's keeping me motivated.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 01-17-2010 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chickies! I was lucky enough to sleep until 7 am...yahoo!

Food Obsessed - YAY for you!! I think it's a great idea, btw, to separate out the weekend days. These ladies here chat so much!!

Ruth - it's odd thinking of you being envious of someone. YOu have such a crazy filled life!! I do agree though, Hawaii would be nice...

Cat - I have to get on the Wii as well. I must admit, I hate the little balance board voice though . "You haven't been on here in 5 days."blah, blah, blah. How can I tell him I do other exercises?!? THe stinkin' Wii is giving me a guilt trip!!

Chelby - a flea market sounds like fun!! Your DS story is pretty funny. I know whenever my DS goes to the neighbors, they always fill him up with cr@p. I should be happy it was only mac and cheese yesterday (I didn't ask how many fruit snacks he got though...)

Me - workin' on the kitchen. My DH had a rough day yesterday, he's not a plumber, and learned how to do it all yesterday. But now I have a dishwasher and sink! And I made supper last night!! I have the menu planned out for the week, and look forward to making some of my lentil smoked sausage soup.

Have a great day!
Old 01-17-2010, 07:48 AM   #8  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning ladies...i seem to have a headache today so might be lazy. well except for laundry
Old 01-17-2010, 07:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning all you early risers I've been up and blogging first... chat comes second, then I'll move on to the Sunday paper.

Last night I ate only soup at the restaurant and felt great about it. AND - drum roll here... down almost 2 inches in my waist in just 3 weeks (I hadn't intended to measure yet but the urge just came over me while deciding which jeans to try on for dinner out.)

Have a fabulous Sunday everyone.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:50 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

FABULOUS, waisting time!!!

Good morning cottage!
Old 01-17-2010, 07:52 AM   #11  

I'm glad you approve of the weekend chat being separate TwynnB. Maybe I've started a trend. I was always meant to be a leader. I'm getting P2 things today. I am looking for fruits that are wholesome like pears, oranges, strawberries, plums, peaches, pears, etc.

Last edited by BellaLucia; 01-17-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:57 AM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Wow FO you sure get up early! Hope you get to bed early too. Congrats on completing Phase 1. I know you've got all the information you need to sail into Phase 2. Here's a little secret - for most of us maintenance is almost exactly like Phase 2. And hey, you are already a maintainer!

Ruth - Good morning to you and the doggage! An afternoon movie sounds like a great idea. I've been remembering that I can have a small bowl of popcorn and thinking that might be good. Hmm, maybe I'll save that for the impending storm.

Cat - Glad you like your Wii. I do get sore from the lunges though I haven't found most of the workouts too challenging, just fun. My one complaint is that people who haven't taken yoga with an instructor could develop bad form. It's completely wrong on the downward facing dog and insists on a position that puts the wrists at 90 degrees, absolutely wrong and dangerous if you have weak wrists. I just ignore it on that one. What are your favorites so far?

Chelby - Auston was away for the night and you didn't have an adventure?! Not that we need details.... Enjoy the fleas.

We have a storm coming in tonight so I'll be doing weekend chores and getting things in place for that. Something is going in the crockpot, either veggie curry or chili. I'm going to get out for a walk before the storm hits. Don't get a lot of opportunities for that this time of year.

A couple of DW's pics from yesterday, http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/5865.php. The small bird is a Sage Thrasher. It's a Western bird that seems to have gotten lost. No one knows why that happens - might be a storm or the bird got stuck in a cargo car. In any case it's found a source of food at the beach for now. We watched it eating juniper berries. The kestel should be south now but is still hanging around. Actually it just showed up Friday, early or late no one knows

Time to make a To Do list. Yesterday was all fun so I didn't even think about shores

ETA - Wow, everyone was writing while I was!

Cottage - Congrats on the NSV. Baked squash casserole sounds yummy.

Twynn - Woo hoo, plumbing done! Have fun in the new kitchen. There is a way to log your outside exercise on the Wii. It's always nagging me to do that. I think it would still have abandonment issues though

Me - It's great to see you again. Looking forward to hearing how things are going for you

Waisting - Congrats on the NSV and great choices.

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-25-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:58 AM   #13  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning chickies- Its sunday which is my usual start to the weekend but I volunteered to work from 9-2 today so hopefully I will be busy... then it is off to the gym and then to return a cute sweater dress that I purchased too large...(yeay). hopefully they have some in stock so I can just exchange it instead of paying S&H again! after that a little housework here and there and thats about it! Hope you guys have a great OP day!
Old 01-17-2010, 08:12 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Chelby, I get such a kick out of hearing what comes out of Auston's mouth! I'd love to meet him some day. Have a super time at the flea market!

Twynn, I'm glad you're enjoying your new kitchen so much! Have you put up any new pictures on FB yet?

WaistingTime, Congratulations! You are doing so well!

Cyndi, it sounds like yesterday was a perfect birding day for you. What kind of storm are you getting tonight, rain or snow? We are finally enjoying above freezing temps here, so it's all rain for us.

Rikki, doesn't it feel good to be returning something that's too big, rather than too small? I hope they have it in a smaller size for you! Have a nice day at work, and I hope it goes by fast for you.

Breakfast is calling to me, and my coffee mug is empty! I'll see you all later!
Old 01-17-2010, 08:23 AM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Cottage - looks like we might get the whole bag - snow, sleet & freezing rain. Yuck. We had planned to see Avatar in 3D tomorrow and tie it in with a Trader Joe's run but it looks like that will wait until next week.
Closed Thread