View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 06:38 PM   #62
melissaw

S/C/G: 257/208/172

Height: 5'10"

Of course I overlooked this thread last night and started my own all-about-me thread. Ah, well.

NAME: mel

BIRTHDAY: August 17th

MARITAL STATUS: married my high school sweetheart. I've been with him since I was 14 (11 years in March!) and couldn't possibly be more in love. I know, I know. But really.... he's fabulous. <3

TOP WEIGHT: 274 pregnant, 267 not pregnant

CURRENT WEIGHT: 220

GOAL WEIGHT: 170, I think. That will put me at a 'normal' or 'healthy' BMI. We'll see what happens when I get there. I do like being curvy (and boy am I curvy ) but I want, more than anything, to be healthy.

EYE COLOR: brown.

HAIR COLOR: brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I am totally into being a mom, and making the best choices for my kids (which in my case includes extended breastfeeding, babywearing, healthy eating, and a general respect for them as, you know, people.) I also love to cook (even when I'm dieting ) and sew.

PETS: no thanks. We're all set as far as responsibilities go. Of course, we did start feeding a family of 4 cats that were hanging out around our house and starting to look quite thin. They don't really count though. They won't let us near them.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: the 'Lowcountry' aka southern South Carolina.

FAVORITE COLOR: purple

FAVORITE FOODS: um... my husband is a chef. An amazing chef. My most favorite food is a creation of his - braised beef ravioli in a cream sauce with toasted walnuts, oregano, and lemon zest. It is amazing. Pretty much everything he makes is, though.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: I've been Wii Fit'in it lately. I like the majority of those exercises. Swimming will always be my favorite, though.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Hmm. I read a LOT, but I don't really have absolute favorites. I've been reading a lot of Douglas Copeland lately, as my sister bought me 4 of his books for Christmas.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Well... hmm. I like a lot of movies, but again... not too many 'favorites.' I never seem to get tired of classic horror movies... or Steel Magnolias. I am aware that I'm a dork.

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): we don't have cable, but we seek out the Office and Dexter. We also randomly got into Bones. Blues Clues is a hit around here.

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: I can't seem to get enough Against Me! lately. I love Tom Waits, the Pixies... old *** country (Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, Buddy Holly), old punk (Black Flag, Bad Brains, etc), southern rock reminds me of my childhood and makes me smile.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: None currently. My husband is not really overweight, but trying to get fit & eat healthy. Sometimes he has weaknesses... and sometimes I can't stay strong when he gets weak. Fortunately that doesn't seem to be a problem lately.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm incredibly motivated. Even more than wanting to look good - I want to be healthy. I want to chase my kids around and not be out of breath afterwards. I will lose the weight.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: I eat what is good for you. I eat lean proteins and veggies with whole grains. I keep track of my calories/fat/carbs/protein, I exercise, and I am *always* aware of what does into my mouth. If it's going to keep me fat - I don't eat it. Plain and simple.

RELIGION: atheist. I'm also very active on an atheist/agnostic/freethinking parenting board, and have been for about 5 years. [That is the only other online community I am a part of.]

POLITICS: liberal

PIERCINGS: I actually don't wear any anymore. I've always had my ears pierced, and I had my eyebrow and a 'Monroe' for a long time. I haven't worn jewelry in almost a year though, and I took my eyebrow piercing out several years ago.

TATTOOS: one... which I just described on the tattoo thread. My husband and I got matching tattoos when we got married - two skeletons embracing in a coffin. <3

Yep... I suppose that about sums me up.
melissaw is offline   Reply With Quote