South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-14-2010, 11:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Default Why protein drink?

I just want to know why some people intruduce protein drink to their meals please I have not clue .... Why

Can it be use by a nursing woman...

Thanks
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/140/120

Height: 5'2"

I doubt if you are nursing that it is OK to consume but definitely consult your doctor. maybe they can recommend something that will be better for both you and your baby. protein drinks help to control hunger, repair muscle, and burns more calories to digest than carbs.
charlottekelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

I sometimes have a protein drink for breakfast when I'm in a hurry in the morning or if I'm out of eggs, or if I'm just not feeling particularly hungry at breakfast time. I know that for me it's very important to keep my protein levels up and a drink is an easy and hassle free way to do this. But this is not at all something I have on a regular basis - I prefer real food.
Artemis__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:19 PM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

The topic of protein drinks pops up from time to time. Many question which products are SBD friendly, and if they can be used as a meal replacement. The consensus seems to be that they aren't suggested as a meal replacement because there is a high possibility that they won't satisfy one's appetite over a period of time.

I, however, am one who has a protein/greens smoothie that I drink every morning of my life as a meal replacement. I starting this practice over a year before starting SBD and had it reviewed by a nutritionist to make sure it had everything in it to "accomplish" what I wanted. I wanted it to be fast, tasty, nutritious AND carry me through the morning. It does that and so I stick with it to this day. I stuck with it on P1 because it fit into the P1 requirements. Even when I prepare breakfast for the family I like it so much I stick with my drink.

Since WaistingTime asked on another thread, I'll post it here. It's a combination of 2 products, "Supreme Meal", by Peaceful Planet and "Green Vibrance" by Vibrant Health. It was a little boring during P1, but normally I add 1/2 apple or fresh blueberries. Taken along with my vitamins, it carries me through to lunch, and that's without a snack break.

As we follow SB we also need to key into what is right for us individually. If I had not already had this habit for a year prior to SBD, I would have definitely not experimented with it. Since it was already my breakfast of choice, I stuck with it.

With regards to nursing, I have no idea, I have no kids. I would leave that decision up to a health care professional.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote