Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2002, 09:23 AM   #1  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

Default La Weightloss # 60

I was getting so lonely on the old thread I thought I'd post a new one. Hope everyone had a fabulous time over the holidays. I'm slowly getting back on track.
Old 12-26-2002, 12:16 PM   #2  

Hi there!

I'm new and have mostly been reading the posts.

I'd like to ask some questions about LAWL.

I'm trying to decide if it will be a good plan for me. If there is success with this, and how do people like it?

I've tried to go back to original posts about this, but it's hard to find them.

Can anyone give me some updated information on LAWL? How do you like it and are you having success?

Pros or cons?

Thank you in advance!

chubbyskychick
Old 12-27-2002, 03:22 PM   #3  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

Hi, welcome to the board. I'll try and give you a run down on LAWL. I know experience varies greatly from center to center. I for one have had a great experience at my center. I've lost over 30 pounds since September. I get 2.5 proteins, 3 starches, 4 veggies, 3 friuts, a serving of dairy and a serving of fat everyday. In addition, I use the LAWL bars twice a day. I go for weigh-ins three times a week and have my food diary reviewed.

This thing with LAWL is that it can be expensive. For me, it's been worth it. Let me know if there are any other questions I can answer.
Old 12-29-2002, 10:43 AM   #4  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

All right everybody, you all have to get back to this board and help keep me motivated. It's really been a struggle to get back on track after the holidays. My eating has been so-so, I haven't done anything really bad. My exercise is slowly building up again. Instead of cardio, I've been doing some intense yoga. Will get back on the cardio track today.

Hope everyone's doing well.
Old 12-29-2002, 07:09 PM   #5  

I had quite a feww indulgences during the holiday. I took a leave to watch my daughter's dog (he had knee surgry). I will go back tomorrow. I hope I kept the damages to a minimum.
Kathie
Old 12-29-2002, 07:26 PM   #6  

I subscribe to an LA support group at Yahoo and some gava e a recipe for the Take Off drink.It is:
1 c. papaya juice
1 banana
1/2 c. stong green tea
1 scoop soy protien powder with spirulina
1/2 c. blueberries(frozen are ok)
1/4c. carrot juice
1/4c. apricot juice
1/2cv. non fat plain yogurt
1 pkt sweet and low or equal
Blend till smooth. Serve over ice. Yield: 2 servings
Combine 5 oz. juice with 5 oz. water. Drink 2 times a day for 3 days

I haven't tried it yet. What do all of you think?
Kathie
Old 12-30-2002, 08:26 AM   #7  

Hello Everyone...

I am glad to be back. Hope everyone had a wonderful xmas. I am so so on the eating issues. Just to many good snacks around the house. Actually I sent them all to work with my husband. Let the other officers eat them..... I am still down. I have lost 18lbs so far. Only 10lbs more until I reach goal. I hope to do it by February.

GringaGordita....I actually increased my exercise over the holidays. I worked out longer and harder since I was eating all the junk. Only one more celebration left New Years....then we can all get back on track. Keep up the good work. 30lbs is a lot to lose....I am so happy for you...And I know you feel better. I feel good. This morning I put on a pair of jeans that I wore about 2 years ago...it feels good. Makes me not want to eat.

Kathie351...Welcome back! Hope all is well. Looking forward to seeing some post from you.

Chubbyskychick..Welcome to the thread. LAWL is the first weight loss program that I have ever done. So far for me it is working. I began the program on Nov 6th. and I have lost 18lbs as of Saturday. I really enjoy LAWL but it can get expensive. When I joined I was depressed about my weight and I was willing to do anything....It gets expensive with the LA Lites...which I don't do. I know it is supposed to help you lose but I am doing fine without them. Each person is different and you will hear different things. From reading these post you can see that each center varies on how things are run. I have not had any problems with my center...they used to try and push the LA Lites on me and I almost gave in but once they realized I was not going to spend the money they have dropped the issue. For me I like the structure of LAWL. I like having to be accountable for what I eat. I like having to weigh in and if I do gain they talk to me. I need the support. You need to do a program that will work for you. It is a life change and you need something that is right for you. I too am willing to answer any other questions you have.
Old 12-30-2002, 11:03 AM   #8  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

Thank goodness people are posting again. I think I'm the only dork who kept posting over Christmas. I have my weigh-in tomorrow, and I don't think I've done much damage. I was up about a pound on my home scale this morning, but I should be back to normal tomorrow. Again, not enough water intake over the weekend. Made it to the gym for some intense cardio this morning, and I feel great. We can do it guys. I'm gonna go get some work done and start working on my new years resolutions.
Old 12-30-2002, 04:46 PM   #9  

I was on hold for 3 wks. I weighed in today and was only up 1.4. I think I can deal with that.
Kathie
Old 12-31-2002, 11:10 AM   #10  

I am back and uh! I can't get back on track. When I weighed in last Friday I was up 6 pounds over Christmas. I have learned. I cannot have "goodies" around. I just can't I will eat them. Even this morning that is what I ate for "breakfast". What is wrong with me. I don't want to do a take off. They haven't really worked for me and I don't buy into what that juice will do for you. I think you could be just as successful not drinking the juice, but any way. I think the goodies are going to go down the garbage disposal. I have no other choice. I will only eat them. I hate to do it, but I must. I need some encouragement. Please help.
Old 12-31-2002, 12:07 PM   #11  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

Hey Erin, don't be so hard on yourself. I'm the same way, if I have junk in my house I will eat it. I'm also up after my weigh-in today. I was hoping to minimize any holiday damage, but I was up two pounds. I know exactly what did me in too. I was in a down mood yesterday and when I stopped off at the store I bought a bag of those no-fat wow chips. I probably would have been okay if i'd just had one serving, but before the night was over i had the whole bag. i'm sure all that sodium is making me retain water today. ugh ugh ugh. just get rid of the goodies in your house and get back on track. you've come too far to backslide now.

as for me, i'm going to do the take off again. i know people have mixed results with it, but it's always managed to get me jump-started again.

hope everyone has a safe and happy new year.

oh, since i failed to meet my new years goal, i'm posting my new goals.
Old 01-01-2003, 08:42 AM   #12  

Angry I'm back!

Good morning all! I see a few old faces here. I have been off plan for a few months now....and I am motivated to start the new year off right! I am doing LAWL at home, with a few changes in order to compensate for the fact that I am not doing the bars or shakes. After doing both LAWL and WW for the last year and a half, I think I have a plan that will work for me.

SO....I am starting the new year off with 3 simple goals in mind.

1) eat on plan
2) drink lots of water
3) exercise 5+ days/week

With all of these combined....I should be able to lose at least 5 lb/month. I am making a short term goal of a 10 pound loss by Valentine's Day.

I am glad to be back!!
Old 01-02-2003, 12:45 AM   #13  

Hi Everyone!

I'm back too!! Don't feel bad girls, I have the same problem. I was OP until Christmas Night. I had so many left overs and of course I had to start picking on them which lead me to a 4 pound weight gain

My problem isn't junk...it's eating too much of the good stuff. I think I ate too much pasta and too much stuffed eggplants etc...

I am beating myself up, since it's takes so long for me to loose in the first place, but no one to blame but me sooooo, time to pick up and move on.

We can do this...just think summer!!!!

Glad to be back!

Meg
Old 01-02-2003, 07:53 AM   #14  

Meg-
I think everyone has the same problem at the holidays. All we can do is start over fresh.

I have a wedding dress to buy....so I have tons of motivation!
Old 01-02-2003, 11:48 AM   #15  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

Glad to see you guys are back. The holidays were tough for me too. Finally feel like i'm back on track with eating and exercise. did the 2 day take-off over the last couple of days, and it's really gotten me motivated again. i was down four pounds this morning. i know a lot of it's water, but it dropped me down under the 220 mark. i can't remember when I weighed that much. anyway, has really got me moving again. let's go to it people!
Closed Thread