Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:39 PM   #1  

Default Pure Foods Fresh Start

Anyone tried this program? I just signed up for 3 weeks and will let you know how it goes.
JuanitaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:24 PM   #2  
it's always something

We've tried the 3 hour diet and ediets deliciously yours, which are both made by Pur Foods and really liked the quality and variety. We'd love to know how this menu compares and will look forward to your posts
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

The site looks great, and if we had the money, I'd be tempted except that I think it's odd that a week's food costs about $245.00, yet is only insured for $100, so if you're delivery is lost or damaged, you're out a lot of money. If it's weather related, you're really in a jam, as you're out the whole $245.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:48 PM   #4  

Will do. It arrives on Saturday so I'll keep you posted. I'm not sure about the $245 amount, I paid $99 for the 5-day week and then another $29 for the shipping.

Also, looks like they are coming out with an "organic" plan - icon on the site, but doesn't link to anything just yet (and also low carb, gluten free, mom's home cooking).

I also seem to recall, when I first started looking in to these plans a few months back, that you could order food a la carte from them, since yes they do the 3 hour diet and I thought they did deliciously yours too - but looks they are their own company now, who knows.

Anyway, I'll keep y'all posted!
Old 01-30-2008, 10:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

I'll be very interested to see what you think -- I just ordered a 3-day sampler. My concern is that the menu is chosen, I cannot choose it myself and I'm a very picky eater. I'd hate to spend a lot of money and not eat half of it.
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/210/125

There's a custom menu option with the 3 week plan, so you can have what you want.
newstartgradstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:58 PM   #7  

Yes, check out their 3-week plan. That's one reason I really liked this one, very user friendly and easy to make changes/substitutions. We'll see if I really get them when my shipment turns up on Saturday. Stay tuned....
Old 02-02-2008, 05:18 PM   #8  

My shipment arrived! I am so pleased thus far, I might actually stick with it!

I've created one of those blogs, you can read more there and see a few photos...

I guess I don't have enough posts to put in the link, but anyway, hopefully you can find my blog:
3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/I8Pancake
Old 02-22-2008, 08:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 196.5/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Thank you!! Sorry I didn't see this before posting my other thread!
noodlebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:50 PM   #10  

I also am now a happy so far PFFS diet plan. I LOVE how you can enter in your likes and dislikes and then when you select your food, it highlights it if it is something you might not like. Very very cool. Food is identical to DY with some modifications of choices (no meat loaf that I can see for example which makes my DH sad LOL) But so far so good. I like that it is shipped from Iowa which is close to me so my meals arrive really fresh. They got picked up from the plant on Monday night and I had them on my porch by early Tuesday afternoon. The ice was still solid. As it warms up this could be a consideration. If it ever warms up that is. LOL
Anyway, I love the likes and dislikes thread that the DY board had because it really warned me away from some scary stuff. So, what are your favorites if you have any yet? I love the Cheesy penne pasta. I think it's the parsley in it and that the cheese is stringy and real instead of too saucy.
Tricia
tricializ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:26 PM   #11  

Had the chipotle chicken breast with mung noodles and vegetables. It was ok; bland but super spicy. Whoa! A little salt substitute and it added what was missing. The mung noodles were sort of fun and it was tasty enough. Nothing I'd love to order again, but it is ok.
Chicken wrap was awesome! This will be one of my favorites.
Any other likes and dislikes?
Tricia
Old 02-29-2008, 04:43 PM   #12  

That chipotle chicken breast w/noodles is the same one from DY and my LORD it was spicy! I couldn't even eat it!!
Old 03-03-2008, 11:04 PM   #13  

Phew. I thought I was the only one as I kept trying to give my DH a bite to see why my nose was running eating it. He never got a spicy piece. Oh well. My only complaint so far with PFFS is that they don't have as much variety as DY did; which makes no sense to me. If they are basically serving the same food, why not copy it all? You know? I had one of my favorites today (the tomato basil chicken salad) and it was good but seriously was almost no chicken. It had 2 slices; maybe 1/4 - 1/3 of what DY's typical "chicken breast" (mine at home are always way bigger than that). So, it was really not enough protein nor food and it was supposed to be a dinner. I had swapped it for lunch because I prefer a hot dinner but I was starved quickly after eating and my afternoon was not good. Had an oatmeal raisin cookie and some (a good number) swedish fish. So, I am mad at myself today. Ugh. Tomorrow is another day though.
Tricia
Old 03-03-2008, 11:22 PM   #14  

Hi Tricia,

I agree on the selection at PFFS -- definitely not as much variety as on DY. I guess each permutation of the PurFoods service has to kind of do its own thing, otherwise why have different ones? I don't know. It's not that great for us the consumers, though!

I haven't had any of my PPFS food yet since I'm out of town, but I remember thinking it wasn't a lot of chicken when I had that meal on DY But already after just a month my idea of a portion size has changed a lot.

Don't worry about the Swedish fish. Things happen, you know? And tomorrow is another day.

Hang in there and keep up with the reports to us!!

-NB
Old 03-10-2008, 10:24 PM   #15  

Hey Tricia,

Actually, you may already know this because I think I read it on our yahoo group, but in case you aren't aware of this, I actually heard that PFFS changes its offerings every couple of weeks. I was worried about the low variety too, but maybe it's actually that they have a lot of options and you just don't get them all offered to you every week.

I want to call PFFS and verify all this... but I still have laryngitis and can't talk to them! Ugh. Maybe next week I'll be back to normal.

-NB