Old 01-12-2010, 12:01 PM   #1  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Default NSV And Being Brave

After my frantic posts this past couple of weeks, I'm still struggling to stay positive during what I think must be my first plateau.
Anyway, on Sunday I got some good advice from everyone here so decided to try to reassess everything and I decided that for me weighing daily is not working, it's making me totally obsessed and sets my mood for the day. So I'm going back to my old Friday weigh in. Sunday was my last weigh in and although I've been very tempted I haven't weighed since, so am just praying that on Friday I finally see a drop.
I've made a couple of changes to my diet and am just trying to keep going and hope I can work through it.
But today when I was putting laundry away I was struggling to fit my clothes in my wardrobe as it's so full of clothes I no longer wear (too big!). My husband and mum have kept telling me to get rid of them but I've been scared that I'd end up giving up like I always have before, and put all the weight back on. Anyway, I decided that I really needed to purge at least a few items to make some room, so I started trying clothes on.
After the first few items I got carried away and ended up trying on almost everything I own. OMG, almost all of my clothes that were too tight on me at the beginning of last summer are just huge now! Skirts and trousers are falling down and looking like clown pants, and I look like a sack of potatoes in the tops! I was SO motivating to actually see how far I've come in 6 months.
I ended up purging over half my wardrobe (kept some things which aren't quite as big that will do for now because I've only bought about half a dozen new items to see me through for a while). And to finish off I put on my newest outfit, jeans and a top I got recently, 3 sizes smaller than before, and wow, could I really see the difference then! I almost look normal
I'm still scared that I'll put the weight back on, but I'm trying to be brave and believe in myself, and the whole exercise was definitely worthwhile because as I'm still living mostly in too big clothes I don't see the difference fully usually.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:09 PM   #2  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

Oh, well done! What a great exercise and motivator! Congratulations on getting so far, and using this NSV to keep your determination/enthusiasm.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:39 PM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I love it! Trying on clothes in my new favorite activity. I can get lost in my closet these days! It's so much fun! I love your descriptions of how the old clothes look on you. Yes, yes,yes! You are doing so well. Sometimes we don't see ourselves very well and we get discouraged. It's like we think we've lost 30/50 pounds and therefore should look 30/50 pounds smaller than we looked yesterday. And it just doesn't happen like that.

I'm scared of putting all the weight back on too. I'm scared of hitting a plateau. But I know it's ultimately up to me. I may not have much control over a plateau, but I sure as heck have control over whether or not it all goes back on! It will go back on because you've given up. Don't give up! It will go back on because you've fallen into old habits. Learn to embrace this new lifestyle and remind yourself how much better you feel now, today!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:50 PM   #4  
Proud Y Chromosome Member

S/C/G: 285/231/under 150 (normal BMI)

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loving Me View Post
... trousers are falling down and looking like clown pants...
Hehehe, so I guess I'm not the only one with this issue. I bought suspenders for a Halloween costume and now wear them every time I wear any of my pants and/or cargo shorts. I have to wear a shirt over the suspenders since they are decorated with skulls and crossbones.

Keep up the good work. You are doing great. It's so nice when we get those unexpected NSVs.
diabetic z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 264/260.5/150

Height: 5'6"

That's awesome. And getting rid of those big clothes is a great motivator to keep losing weight and not put it back on. It's fun to shop for new clothes when you are getting a smaller size, but I HATE going to get something bigger because I've outgrown old clothes.
ToriLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote