Old 01-12-2010, 10:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Default I am determined.

To lose that last pound and change that chickie.

I have lost two pounds in the last 30 days in spite of staying faithful to plan/exercise except for a couple relatively small OP moments at the holidays.

I am proud of myself that I have stuck with it even though I did not have the motivating factors-- like fresh compliments and smaller clothing sizes to constantly remind me of my success.

But BOY am I looking forward to hitting the 70lb mark, and maybe seeing the scale start to move again.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:53 AM   #2  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Height: 5'9"

First off, you have done an amazing job

Secondly, I don't know how long exactly you've been at this, nor how off plan you went during the holidays, but perhaps your body is just adjusting. Perhaps you need to mix up your exercise routine?
Passionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:17 AM   #3  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I know exactly how you feel. Just gotta keep working hard towards that goal that we know we will reach!

You have done a wonderful job - keep up the good work!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:24 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I too was wondering if it's time to change things up a tad.
But not too much, because you're doing magnificently.

The title of your thread reminds me of a quote that I once read"

"the surest way not to fail is to determine to succeed"

And since you're are determined, there's no way that you can't succeed. None at all.

Hang tough, tough lady.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:33 AM   #5  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

I've got everything crossed the 1lb comes of real soon. My scale seems to be stuck at the moment as well and I'm fighting everyday to see a loss on it soon.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:39 AM   #6  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

My scale ALWAYS sticks at the big numbers... always always always. You are incredibly determined and an absolute inspiration. Maybe change things up a WEE bit and shake that last pound off. Being stuck at 213 for almost 2 months damn near killed me but sticking to it paid off. You know that you will lose more... and soon.

*hugs*
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

As a newbie, you are such an inspiration ubergirl! Not only have you been so successful in terms of weight loss, but you are so committed and dedicated. One of my biggest fears is that when I hit a plateau, I will just fall off the plan. You set such a wonderful example. Thank you!
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #8  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

You can do it; stay strong!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:10 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
I too was wondering if it's time to change things up a tad.
But not too much, because you're doing magnificently.

The title of your thread reminds me of a quote that I once read"

"the surest way not to fail is to determine to succeed"

And since you're are determined, there's no way that you can't succeed. None at all.

Hang tough, tough lady.
Here is what I've changed so far:

1. I was a guesstimator, only weighing food occasionally to spot check. Now I'm weighing EVERYTHING. I have noticed that I was underestimating my salmon portions-- my four oz was more like six ounces. Now, I ONLY eat 4 ounces.

2. I looked back over my food logs, trying to figure out what I was doing before that was different-- I discovered that I had increased my fruit servings a little bit, and I had also replaced some calories that were coming from veggies with calories from my favorite snacks-- 1 oz cheese stick or cottage cheese. I was also eating a little more bread-- two servings instead of one daily. Even though the calories were accounted for, I wondered if I had upped my simple carbs too much.

3. I am switching up my exercise-- alternating my walk run routine on the treadmill with my lap swimming.

4. I have been waiting ALL MONTH for my appt with a personal trainer, but it's coming tomorrow.

What I haven't done that I'm considering...

1. Giving up whole milk in my coffee... I splash it in, and I did NOT want to give it up, but maybe it's not worth the 100 calories a day. Measuring my peanut butter. I hate the mess of scooping up peanut butter into a measuring spoon and then scraping it onto a knife so I can spread it-- but I may be underestimating-- which would add another 100 calories to my day.

2. up the length of my workouts.

Zero chance I'm going to give up.

I'm WAY too stubborn for that.

I have a feeling that I'm someone who can't lose if I go even a smidge over 1200.

Last edited by ubergirl; 01-12-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:16 PM   #10  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

You know I know your frustration all too well. You're doing an amazing job, though, and your diligence is sure to pay off very soon. I bet you'll be changing your avatar in no time! (Me, I am not even bothering with the scale right now. Maybe next week.)
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:20 PM   #11  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

<---- doing a jig for you! You are doing a wonderful job...keep it up... that pound will go down the drain SOON!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #12  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

You're my hero! I am so impressed with you for sticking to it and not giving in.

I've got to steal a bit of your resolve this week. My scale's been up everyday for the last 4 days. That hasn't happened to me before and it's putting me in a pissy mood. I'm not giving up by any means, but I feel bummed and am questioning myself even though I haven't changed anything.

On the subject of your peanut butter, what about weighing that too? I put my wrap on the food scale, zero it out, then plop on the peanut butter to weigh it. No measuring spoons!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:27 PM   #13  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Are you the one who eats the same thing for breakfast every day, toast with peanut butter. (First off, yuck. ) Maybe try some other spread, or even top it with an egg instead of the peanut butter. Is the peanut butter homemade? Try that if not.

Gosh I don't know. But it was me, I'd do one of two things. 1. Increase the calories by 100-200 a day and do that for a month and then dip back down to 1200. OR 2. I'd go on a low-carb diet to really change things up.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:31 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLCSC145 View Post
You're my hero! I am so impressed with you for sticking to it and not giving in.

I've got to steal a bit of your resolve this week. My scale's been up everyday for the last 4 days. That hasn't happened to me before and it's putting me in a pissy mood. I'm not giving up by any means, but I feel bummed and am questioning myself even though I haven't changed anything.

On the subject of your peanut butter, what about weighing that too? I put my wrap on the food scale, zero it out, then plop on the peanut butter to weigh it. No measuring spoons!
Ok wait, explain about the peanut butter thing? What is "your wrap"? Do you put plastic wrap on the scale then weigh it? I really think I need to do that-- I have a feeling I'm eating 2 TBS and calling it 1.

Regarding the scale going up, believe me, that was me two weeks ago... After moving my ticker down to 228, I climbed up to a high of 236 (ok, nighttime weigh-in, but still...) It got me totally depressed and existential... I was going to be THE FIRST PERSON IN THE HISTORY OF WOMANKIND to be incapable of losing weight in spite of being on plan.

It has been really hard going from the weight loss champion, down 10 lbs every month, to suddenly hitting the skids, but if this is how it's going to be, this is how it's going to be.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:38 PM   #15  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubergirl View Post
Ok wait, explain about the peanut butter thing? What is "your wrap"? Do you put plastic wrap on the scale then weigh it? I really think I need to do that-- I have a feeling I'm eating 2 TBS and calling it 1.
I should have clarified! I usually make my PB "sandwiches" on a sandwich wrap, like a tortilla. But you could do the same with your toast. Put the toast on the scale, zero it out, then put your PB right on the toast to get the weight.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote