Old 01-11-2010, 11:38 PM   #1  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

Default Grumpy rant :mad:

As a rule I'm a pretty cheerful person, but tonight I am grumpy. It was the first day of classes, which is always long in higher ed. I was inundated with calls, some major technology failed in a class that I was teaching (distance ed virtual classroom), the puppy is being a brat, my 7th grader waited until the night before to do an essay and he wants my help, the younger one is being a pest, and my SO is sitting on the sofa, on his bum, doing nothing and criticizing things and watching TV.

It's 7:33 PM, I haven't eaten dinner. I don't like to eat this late. I'm not even hungry, but have only 900 cals on my log. I like to maintain a healthy balance, as a rule. Tonight I think I'm just going to go stomp off, throw myself in the general direction of my bed, and read a book for a while.

End of rant. I suppose it's better than feeling sorry for myself and going on a binge, so thanks.

Last edited by calluna; 01-11-2010 at 11:38 PM. Reason: *sigh* I can't even get the icons right.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by calluna View Post
and my SO is sitting on the sofa, on his bum, doing nothing and criticizing things and watching TV.

It's 7:33 PM, I haven't eaten dinner. I don't like to eat this late. I'm not even hungry, but have only 900 cals on my log. I like to maintain a healthy balance, as a rule. Tonight I think I'm just going to go stomp off, throw myself in the general direction of my bed, and read a book for a while.
LOL, my life is kind of jsut like that. I'm in college, my classes start this week, my 13 mo old is a big brat lately, my DH has a birthday coming up soon, I'm trying to get in workouts & healthy meals, and all he does is sleep on the couch, and ask me to do MORE!! UGH!! so I guess i'm trying to say that at least you're in a relationship with a normal guy, not an exceptional slug. LOL.

p.s. when I'm getting ready for bed and realize I'm way short cals I have a chocolate milk or carnation instant breakfast. they help keep me full all night and tack on some extra cals.
medinazarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

Oh my god...I have never been "short on calories" my whole life (LLLol)
And I agree with Medina about normal guys...just try hiding the remote control and see what happens next...
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:36 AM   #4  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

You did great to handle the stress by posting instead of eating! Way to go! The beginning and end of the semester is always tough. I have the same issues. I would have been the person you call when you had that major technology failure.

Hope your day goes better today!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:40 AM   #5  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I'm sorry you had such a bad day. Men, children (human and furry), and technology can all be pains in the butt sometimes. I hope today goes better for you. I keep some cans of slimfast for when I find myself really low on calories and not feeling hungry enough to eat anything solid and some dried fruit for when I'm just a bit low.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:29 AM   #6  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Thank you, all of you! I feel decidedly better with 8 hours under my ear and some breakfast in my tummy. I felt a little petty posting that, but felt better afterward and didn't binge. Hurrah!

Thanks, too, for the "I must eat" crunch solutions. I have some carnation instant breakfast at work, so maybe I'll bring some home and keep a few packs here for nights like last night. They DO happen. It seems like a no-win situation...eating that late is "metabolic suicide", so to speak, but not eating is no good either!

Marigrace, I generally have 1500-1600 calories on my log, honest! It was short because I'd had no dinner. I use Fitday PC at home and online at work, so all my cals go in right away.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:41 AM   #7  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

Glad you got some rest and hope today is a better one for you!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:42 AM   #8  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

It's okay. Just keep inhaling and exhaling. One thing I will say, before I got married my sister told me men will expect you to do what you did when you were dating and once they move in they want you to take care of them along with everything else you already have going on...so true!!
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:28 PM   #9  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

We have ALL had days like that! My kids (13 yr son and 11 yr daughter) drove me NUTS last night!!! So I feel your pain!

Hope your day goes better
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

All kidding aside, taking care of yourself can be hard sometimes...it is nice to know you are bouncing back so nicely today.
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote