South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 05:46 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Temptationless Tuesday Chat

Good morning! Confession: last night I was assaulted by some Christmas cake that missed my post-holiday purge. It's now in the depths of the freezer. I'm raising my mug to a temptation-free Tuesday.

Once again I forgot to latch the door into the kitchen and was joined in bed around one by two furries. All was well until about 4:30 when Jazz decided he was cold and burrowed under the comforter to snuggle in my armpit. He sure has a cold nose! Tonight I'll latch the door for sure.

I'm off to the gym that doesn't open until 8 and may go to town today for a few odds and sods. That's right, I still have not been to large centre to shop since the week before Christmas but have been picking up produce and milk locally. I hope I know how to behave.

The Christmas stuff is slowly being stashed away but the Bling Tree is still around. It certainly brightens the early morning and late afternoons. Today we get an extra 90 seconds of daylight so spring is really going to come. I have a stack of seed catalogues to peruse and need to check out my lights and plant stand.

I hope your Tuesday is temptationless and has "me" moments.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:57 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

I was wondering if I was really the first one up! I was going to create a post but got stuck on the title and when I went back to the main board we were up and running. Thanks Ruth!

Our cats were acting very bizarre last night...I wonder if there's something in the air. I know it's not a full moon. Usually they sack out with us in bed until at least 5:30 when they remember about breakfast. But I've been awake since 3:45 because they've had the crazies. Also, the couple of days before I get my period I am quite enervated at night, plus lately seem to develop a cold/sinus problem that disappears as soon as it begins. Very strange...also I woke up hungry because I didn't eat enough dinner. I actually think I didn't eat enough yesterday, had no appetite really plus was stressed at work. I think I'll write a post on that later.

Have a great day everyone!!! I need to plan my food, I'll post it on the other thread.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:03 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Mmc, never hesitate to start the daily. There is no need to do a fancy title - Tuesday Chat works fine. We get a bit carried away with alliteration sometimes.

Your cats may be related to my dogs! Sorry work stress and Aunt Flo are getting to you. Sometimes a glass of milk at bedtime helps get em through the night.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:12 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies!

Restless pets last night, eh? My little dog will probably go on her favorite website while I'm gone today and post that I woke HER up way too early today. She's a real slug, hates to get up in the morning. lol

Another busy day here, working on our district tech plan all day. They are feeding us and last night's dinner was delicious, though not on plan. I didn't go crazy but I did eat a dessert. I'm bringing my own lunch and snacks for today though. One off plan meal a week is all I allow myself. We worked late last night and I fell into bed when I got home. I'm hoping to get done a little earlier today so I can hit the treadmill.

Ruth, enjoy your shopping. I've heard it's like riding a bike - it will come back to you.

Mmckellen, enjoy your breakfast! I'm sorry you woke up too early, but I love waking up hungry. That only happens for me when I'm eating right. I hope you feel better as the day goes on.

Good morning to those of you yet to post! Enjoy your Tuesday.

Last edited by Heidi58; 01-12-2010 at 06:14 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:18 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning No latte here but a nice big pot of dark roast, organic, shade grown..... coffee if anyone would like a cup

Ruth - the cold nose at 4:30 did make me giggle. Probably not so much with you. Maybe the Bing Tree could just be a holiday ornament - Valentines Day, then St. Patricks, Easter and by then it will be spring and you won't need it.

Mmckellen - We have to remember to close one door in the apartment before we go to bed because the cats can chase each other around in a big circle otherwise. They sometimes find it entertaining at 3 AM. We never do
Sorry about the work stress. I'm right there with you except I never lose my appetite. Hope today is a better day all around.

Heidi - Hope your meetings are productive and the day flies by.

My day is off to a slightly late start. Last night's presenter works a few miles from my house. I need to pick up our projector from her so an excuse to go in a little late. Then I have PT at 3 so I will eat at my desk and take lunch at the end of the day. Should make the day go faster.

eta - just remembered a conference call at 12:30. I'll probably stop by then

looks like things are warming up a little. We have a long weekend so I'm hoping for warm enough to go to the coast. I miss the ocean!
Hope your day glides by with a few smiles and no big bumps.

Last edited by CyndiM; 01-12-2010 at 06:19 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:34 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Funny thing, Ruth, I was thinking about temptations this morning, too. The first thing I did was stuff some post holiday brownies in the freezer. I want Kirk to eat them up, but I don't want to look at them! Glad to hear you're hopping back into your gym routine. Have fun shopping!

Mmckellen, have your cats been consulting with Cyndies? Theres nothing like early morning cat crazies. I hope today is less stressful and OP.

Heidi, I'm giggling, Penny and Rudi would enjoy each other. More than once, I've carefully checked to see if he was still breathing in the AM. Have a great day! Your planning assures success!

Cyndi, I think your idea for the tree sounds good....the downfall would be more ornaments and more storage. Ok, not this year It's good to start planning your weekend on Tuesday-me, too. I'm outta here on Friday! Hope your day is blip free!

Me, going to work early. I'm going to start my paperwork madness at 5 this morning-I'm starting here and migrating to Moms around 6. By 930 my eyes will be ready for a break so we'll go down to Denver and work out. I hit the sack really early last night and will probably do so again. Coffee tastes good, thanks everyone....have a great day!
Old 01-12-2010, 06:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm on my second latte of the morning.

I think having a furbaby curl up next to me would make me sleep longer, but a cold nose would certainly jar me awake! Don't get too carried away on your big shop to day, Ruth. Remember, somebody has to carry it all in and put it away, LOL!

Mmc, that's some odd symptoms you're describing, I hope you don't end up coming down with something! Here's to a stress-free day!

Heidi, I wouldn't doubt that pets have their own internet thing going on, LOL! I hope your day flies by!

Cyndi, we're finally expecting a warm-up here, too, but I woke up to a nice blanket of snow again today. It must not be too much of a nuisance, though, since the weatherman isn't going on and on about it. A day at the seashore sounds wonderful, even in the winter. I hope the weather cooperates so you can plan a trip in the near future!

I ended up working a 10 hour day yesterday, so today I don't have to go in until around 11. After a quick tidying up around the house, I think I'll work on my cross-stitching until it's time to leave.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning everyone, and everyone's furry friends

This chat makes me realize that my life really is as boring as I thought it is. Strength class at the gym today. Big parent meeting at high school tonight about enrollment for next year. Too bad the kids need to decide in January what they plan to take come fall.

Added blueberries last night for evening snack

Stay warm and eat well!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:08 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Cottage, mmm....latte. Enjoy your day and your skiff of snow.

Hi Waisting, my life is boring, too, but you all sure make it less boring. I just remember that we have a common link and it keeps me posting about my boring life. Blueberries sound good!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Debbie! We always seem to be posting at the same time. Have fun wading through all your paperwork this morning!

Waisting, I think my life is pretty humdrum, especially this time of year. But Debbie is right, we all have a common link here, so that's something to talk about. I always though it was weird that kids had to decide on their academics for the next year so soon, too. A lot can happen to change their minds between now and then.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:12 AM   #11  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good morning Chickies! Hope everyone has a terrific Tueday!

Ruth- I love it "assulted by Cake!" good for you for getting back with it so swiftly- and hiding the cake! I am having fond memories right now from our gardening thread- I can't wait for spring to start planting!

mmc- planning is great- Its a rare occasion that I don't eat enough... but I know every now and again that happens and I really have to plan so I will eat enough... but most of the time for me its the other way around! lol

Heidi- a pet that doesn't like to get up or wake you?! I am jealous! lol. well, I have 1 that doesn't wake me or get up until I do... but that is 1 out of 6 so no such luck there!

Cyndi- I think I will endulge in a cup but I'll add rice dream to mine to make it latte like... I must not be much of a coffee drinker if I do 1/2 and 1/2! lol I hope your weather is nice enough for you to make it to the coast! Enjoy your long weekend!

Lex- hope your paperwork goes as painlessly as possible! Enjoy the workout!

Cottage- enjoy your unrushed morning!

wastingtime- Hope you enjoy your day! It could be filled with things like scrubbing floors, doing laundry, washing the dog... lol I think I would stick with your day!

I have a humdrum day too ;0)
I will be doing a lil bit of shopping this morning after dropping DH's car off to be serviced... then my friend is having gastric bypass today so I will be visiting her in the hospital... in between will be some cleaning- hopefully!
Old 01-12-2010, 08:16 AM   #12  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Morning

Cottage-I have a cappucino/expresso machine. How do you make your lattes? I have been using fat free milk and sugar free caramel davinci syrup.

We have two fur babies. We have a 6 yr old grumpy old man jack russel and a 1 yr old hyper teenager black lab. LOL The jack always sleeps with us and the lab sleeps with my daughter. The jack weighs about 11 pounds the lab weighs about 55 and she thinks she weighs the same as the jack. They are a strange combination!!!

MM I hope your feeling better soon.

I like the idea of the tree for each season. We still have lights up in our kitchen because I like the way they sparkle at night. They make me smile so I keep them up. It is just one strand on top of my windows.

I work at a travel agency here on post (hubby is in military) and I like my job, but I really do not want to go to work today. I want to crawl back in bed and go to sleep.

Well time to get the kids to school. Have a good day.

Tammie
Old 01-12-2010, 08:27 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies, Happy Tuesday.

Ruth- Have fun shopping at the big centre, that is funny about the cold nose, sorry.

Mmc- hopefully you are not getting sick, though I normally wake up with cold/sinus symptoms that go away after awhile sometimes, sometimes though I have to pop an allergy pill.

Heidi- My dog sleeps in with the kids, my cat as soon as I am up he is waiting for his food.

Cyndi- Sounds like a good excuse for going into work late LOL. Have a good day today.

Lex- Hopefully you will get alot of your paperwork done today.

Cottage- Have fun with your cross stitching this morning.

Wastingtime- DD2 had to fill out her schedule for next year last night already as well, I was like where is DS to fill out and then I remembered he will be a Freshman in College LOL.

Yesterday was so busy didn't get online for work until 11:30 a.m. and worked later to make up sometime and then haircuts so didn't get a workout in. So that is my goal for today op eating, exercise at lunchtime at work and then tonight as well.

Have a good day everyone
Old 01-12-2010, 08:31 AM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Ruth - morning! Stay warm and have a good workout
MMc - Our cats were a bit on the nuts side and usually are good until 6a (when the alarm goes off) but they wanted breakfast at 5a today. UGH!
Heidi - one is enough, right Have a great OP day.
Cyndi - pass it MY way!!!
Debbie - 5a? EGADS! Hope the paperwork goes by as fast as possible.
Cottage - enjoy your long, extended morning!
Waisting - blueberries are what I will be adding at night too come Thursday! How is Ph2 going for you?
Rikki -
Tammie - I was just saying to DW that I loved that the neighbors still had their lights up (our outlet to power went out 2 days after xmas so we took them down last weekend)! Wish we could have our large tree year round but then we'd have no dining room table for 12 months rather than 1!
Pearl - Have a great day!

As for me, I am doing ok today. Though it feels more like Wednesday. Perhaps I am just anxious to drive up to NY this weekend to meet my niece? Sister went home yesterday which is good. I am down another pound but won't change my ticker until I officially weigh in Thursday morning. Just gotta have 2 more clean days...I think I can, I think I can... Work is going to be hectic and my class started last night - but I still haven't gotten up early to Wii Fit Perhaps post Ph1...

Happy Tuesday (but feels like Wednesday) all!

Last edited by jenne1017; 01-12-2010 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:38 AM   #15  

S/C/G: maintaining

Yikes Following along makes my head spin!

Some days boring IS good - but boring can lead me to eating. I suppose I could always clean or do laundry. Not today. And I agree, Debbie, you all make it so much less boring!

Such animal lovers! We lost our dog last spring to heart failure. (Dogs on diuretics wake you up very early!) Sad, but I admit to enjoying some of the ease of a pet-free life. Have held fast not giving in to 17-year old's requests for new dog since he'll be off to college in another year and a half.

Speaking of college - Pearlrose - I'd love to hear more about your DS and college choice when he knows it since we are working with my junior now to start looking.

Jenn - not the best time of year for berries - but they looked appealing. Last time on Ph2 I added steel cut oats immediately; breakfast on Ph1 is hardest meal for me. But I thought I'd try a different approach this time. Adding slowwwwwllly and not the things I want the most. Ph2 was okay last year - but Ph3 is my downfall. Just 2 more days... you can do anything for 2 days!

Have a good one all!
Closed Thread