South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-11-2010, 04:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: maintaining

Question non-SB related; vacation help needed

I hope it is okay to put this here, but you gals come from all over so I figured you might be able/willing to help. I am planning a surprise weekend trip for my DH in April. I need a destination within an easy flight or drive from DC (since friends from there are meeting us) so have targeted the east coast.

I would welcome all suggestions: cities, hotels/resorts, etc. I can do lots of research but need a starting place.

Much thanks.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:21 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

My husband and I just love Philadelphia. The hotels there are quite reasonable and it's very walkable. If you stay in the old city you are literally steps from all the historic sites there, and great restaurants, and the riverfront area too. It would be a wonderful, leisurely but activity filled place to spend a weekend.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

what do you enjoy doing? City stuff? museums? outdoorsy?
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Twynn - I thought about putting that but have no good answer It will be three couples. A few would probably prefer the outdoorsy stuff like hiking or biking or kayaking. A few would probably be happy by a pool or beach. City stuff should work too.

I think the ideal would be either a resort with activities nearby or included, or a city location with lots to do. Probably not a place with nothing but sun and relaxation.

We had actually planned to go to Vegas or wine country in CA but one of the guys works for the Obama administration so won't have enough time off to get that far. It is a 50th bday surprise for the 3 hubbys - they all went to grade school through high school together, and then again grad school. All spread out now.

BTW - I like you new picture!

Thanks for the idea Mmckellen.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote