Old 01-09-2010, 05:18 PM   #1  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Default Help a Salsa out

Hello!

Here's my dilemma. I'm in one of those "I haven't lost any weight at all and I'm still terribly fat and ugly and gah I'm worthless and yardiyardiyardi" moods. Both of the people I'd normally talk to about this are otherwise engaged (what do you mean, you have independent lives? Do you mean to tell me your sole purpose in life ISN'T to provide me with continuous emotional support?!)...so I'm turning to my 3fc pals.

I've cobbled together a .pdf with some photos of me in, from before I started losing weight til last month. Just headshots as I am paranoid, convinced I'm ugly, etc. As I'm also a bit jittery about putting these up online...would some kind 3fc souls be willing to take a look at them for me and give me an honest opinion as to whether I've lost weight (in my face)? Because right now I just can't see it. Perhaps some opinions from friendly internet strangers would help me kick my self-depricating backside!

If you'd be willing to, please just drop me a PM with your email address and I'll mail it to you. I'd be very grateful

And, um, do me a favour and delete the file afterwards? I'm pretty paranoid about random strangers seeing photos of me - but on the other hand, you're 3fc'ers, so you can't be that dodgy...right?

Advthanksance!
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:28 PM   #2  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Oh my goodness, you are so funny. I feel your pain, I really do! Surely if the SCALE isn't enough to let you know you're making progress you have some clothing item that fits you better now than before? Have you been visiting the "what you can do now" type threads? What can you do now that you couldn't do before? Ok, you've lost 35 pounds? Do you know that's four gallons of milk? You've got to be feeling better having set down four gallons of milk? Or 140 sticks of butter.

You've done such amazing things! And yes...PM coming.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:31 PM   #3  
Ready for Change

S/C/G: 216.6 / 208.2 / 116

Height: 5'1

I can't PM yet or I'd help out. s We all have down days. As cheesy as it sounds, when I'm feeling blue about not having lost much weight and find myself thinking "Gosh, Niff, you're just fat and ugly. Why would anyone want to be with you?" I get active. Take a walk, take a run (haven't graduated to that yet, but I try!), hop on the Wii, do something to get you up and going. The longer I stay still and thinking like that, the worse I feel.

Just know that you ARE a beautiful woman. Regardless of your weight, you're still beautiful.
SNMomof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:39 PM   #4  

Eliana you are a HOOT!

I was actually thinking about the whole "What can I do now that I couldn't six months ago thing" and recalled what my first ever Zumba class felt like. Fun, but I was at death's door afterwards. Last night I went to my second ever Zumba class and whilst I was good n' sweaty afterwards...it wasn't nearly so terminal. I could just fling my arms out everywhere and enjoy it!

SNMom, thank you for your kind words! I think I may be able to distract myself over here by reading a really enthralling (*eyeroll*) text on pedagogy...*snigger*
Old 01-09-2010, 05:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

Salsa -

I can't PM yet either, so I can't see your pics.

But I can tell you that you are taller than me, you started off at a lower weight and you have lost more weight than me (almost twice as much at this point!). I *know* I can tell a difference in myself, so I can definitely imagine what a great difference you have made!!

Congratulate yourself and keep up the good work!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/145

Salsa-

You're so pretty!!! Right now, I'm your start wieght and we're the same height, and i dk, I was expecting to see me...which is weird.

Anyways...i can see a definate difference from pic 1 and the second to last, in your chin, neck, and shoulders. Your clavicle is more noticeable, which i think is very pretty (to an extent). The last picture is so so pretty!! it's harder to see to difference since you're smiling so pretty, but its a gret pic and you should show the world your beautiful smile!

edit: also the pic from october, in the blue/green shirt, you look so happy!! not like someone who "hasnt lost any weight and is ugly" or anyone who feels that way, where'd she go?! Be happy, your progress is inspiring!

Last edited by medinazarley; 01-09-2010 at 06:00 PM.
medinazarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:50 PM   #7  

Ung

(but in a good way)

Um, ok, I'm kind of speechless, so I'll just say what my sister told my to say on Skype just now: that she also thanks your for your kind words about me

(She does a sterling job of encouraging me, but yes, alas, she gets the occasional night off...)

Really, I appreciate it *sniff* Um, um.... I'm going to regroup my thoughts and reply to people now

I feel wubbed!!! And pretty! And wubbed and pretty!
Old 01-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #8  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

You don't believe us, do you? LOL! Come on now. I'm talking HUGE difference. You don't know me, but if you did, you'd know that I don't lightly hand out compliments and I tell the truth. If I don't think your appearance hasn't changed, I won't tell you, but I would avoid it in some way. It drives my husband crazy, but he knows at least he always knows my honest opinion.

Big difference pretty Lady!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:12 PM   #9  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Pooh...I just wrote you a message and *poof* it is gone...

Okay...I have seen the pics..and yes you can see the difference. Is it a OH MY GOD YOU HAVE LOST SO MUCH WEIGHT YOU ARE GONNA BLOW AWAY...difference? No...holy cow beautiful salsa chip...you have lost 35 freaking pounds <------ said loudly And I bet you can feel it and tell it... I bet you can feel it in your clothes, and getting in and out of a vehicle AND now your turn...tell us how else you can tell...come on...I am tapping my foot waiting...you tell us how you can feel that you have lost weight!

Last edited by cathydoe; 01-09-2010 at 07:13 PM.
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:18 PM   #10  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Another thing...you are 10 lbs to Onederland...
ONLY 10:cheer2 :
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote