Old 01-04-2010, 10:53 AM   #1  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Friends and Losers Jan 4-10

Hey everyone!

I am surprised I am starting this thread considering here it's already almost 12 noon and someone else usually beats me to it.

I hope everyone had a great Xmas and New year's and now you are ready to start the new year off right. I know I am. The holidays aren't much for me the last couple of years where I am alone but they weren't too bad either.

I haven't weighed in yet. That will be tomorrow morning.

I haven't made any resolutions this year cause I never keep them but I did decide that this year would be a "me" year. The last 4 years have taken their toll on me and I decided that I need to make me a priority again. I kinda have taken the backseat lately on a lot of things.

So I am going to be laying out some stuff for me for this year and hopefully I can make 2010 better than 2005-2009 ever was.

Hope everyone has a good day! I'll check in later.
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:24 PM   #2  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hi all...nothing much from my side...it is TOM and frustrating as usual.
Happy Monday!
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:03 PM   #3  

Katie, I'm posting here since this is the latest thread. How the heck are you? I think you did the LA Plan alone or at home, didn't you? Are others doing it at home or do you ladies have centers in your area?

I got a postcard stating I could get the LA Lites online, but I really don't want to start with that big expense since I won't be going to a center.

For the past couple years I've tried many plans and nothing seems to work as well as the LA Plan. Of course when I was on LA in the past, I was visiting the center 3 times a week which really help keep me on track.

What color plan is everyone on? I'm not sure if I should start with the Blue Plan or go right to the Gold Plan?

I'm looking forward to meeting and chatting with all of you regular posters.
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:05 PM   #4  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Alannah, you rock!!! You bet you can make this year better that the last 4!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:07 PM   #5  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Sy, how funny we were posting at the same time. I am good. Fat, but otherwise doing fine, lol. I did a center when I did LAWL. They have long since closed in my area. I am copying JulieMarie, and doing the every other day diet. I started today. I have really got to get a handle on this weight stuff!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:23 PM   #6  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hey Sy- Good to meet you. I am going to be 32 this Friday and 5'2". It is my first time and I go to a center here is Saskatoon.
I have no idea regarding color plans...because i started on numbered plans.I started with Rapid results Plan2 (with lites) moved to plan-3 (without lites) and now I am almost 40 lbs lighter and on the lowest plan Plan-1.

I do not spend money on La-lites because they are totally unnecessary...I just eat a little more food ( plan2 - without lites). I have never reached a plateau so far...( thnk god !)...and never used the stuff they sell at the COD like Plateau Breaker...vitamins...etc.

I usually try to go for a WI once every week or 10 days...it has been good so far!

Good luck!
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:05 PM   #7  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all. the WL is going well for me. still keeping up with my workouts pretty much 4 days a week too.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Hello to everyone. Hope everyone is having a great New Year. It is so cold here it was 19 this morning last year the coldest it was here at night or anything was 19. So this is definately a change. It has been snowing a little bit and trying to lay but it sure is nice to watch (except I am stuck at work instead of in front of a fire drinking low fat hot chocolate. The metorologist state it will snow somewhere around here and they are not sure how much. To me that is quite vague and totally something I could to and say so my faith in the weather is certainly not solid. Kids go back to school tomorrow. I am glad about that they need stucture and 2 1/2 weeks, christmas candy, excitement and gifts is to much sometimes.

I went to the market yesterday and got all my stuff to start back on the rapid results plan without lites. I will have to figure out how to add in a few extras to replace the lites. this morning I ate a protein bar I have had forever and this afternoon I am just going to eat an orange. I am also tracking my calories on line so I hope that helps. I got out my exercise DVD and and going to start something tonight and I am going to start the couch to 5k program as soon as it warms up. So that is my new years plan. Eating better and getting back to exercise. I am going to start back slow on the exercise though I feel really out of shape and do not want to get discouraged.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:06 PM   #9  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Happy New Year everyone. I am doing a TO today and tomorrow - so far so good. I am also starting c25k Amy! I see all of these very fit people and have come to the conclusion that they are all runners of one type or another. I have never been into running, so I will try this C25K thing and see where it goes...

Sy - They switched from colored plans to numbered ones before they closed down, so some of us are following our old plans and others are on numbers. I still had a COD when they went to numbers, but this old dog had a hard time learning that new trick, so I stuck with my good old Purple plan. Then, I lost all of my plan stuff and bought it on ebay last year. Welcome back!

It is freezing here too, and the weirdest thing - there was this big storm up in Maine that brought snow to our region this weekend, but in hugely varying amounts. In my neighborhood we had a dusting, but 20 miles away they got 20", and on the other side of us they got 9". Odd - that doesn't happen around here much - either we get it or we don't.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:49 PM   #10  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Not sure who wanted this info, but I had this list of substitutes for LA Lite bars - Lunas, Prio Completes, Kashi Go Lean bars or Chocolate PB Bliss Bar.

Katie - I watched the vido blog on the EODD and just didn't click the button to buy the program...still pondering what is best for me to do...I have until next Monday to firm up my plans.

Jillian - you rock on the exercise....I need to get back in the groove.

Time to go continue my basement cleaning project - 1 hour a day until it's spotless! This is one resolution I plan to keep!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:56 PM   #11  

Hey all, thanks for the welcome.

MJ, I'm going to have to check out the numbered plans, or the plans your talking about. I'm doing the Blue Plan, since I don't have any of the numbered plans. Day 1 down, only about 364 more to go (or less of course). I've never brought into all the extras the use to sell, not saying I never tried any of them, but found that I got suckered into them. Live and learn.

Kim, we got about 18 inches of snow here and where I have to drive through to get to work, Fulton, NY had 42 inches. It amazes me how the snowplow people can keep up with all this snow. They did a great job, and it's still snowing. Forecast is snow for the next 7 days.

Katie, I'm going to have to go back and check previous posts to see all that I've missed with the new plans, etc.

Everyone have a great evening, I have some reading to do to get caught up on what the latest plans are all about.

Have a great evening...
Old 01-04-2010, 08:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Well if I make it till bedtime, I will have survived my first TO in too long to remember!! It really irritates the ever lovin crap outta me that I have to do the weight loss thing again, ugh!!! BUT nobody to blame but ME!! At least I'm getting it under control before it got completely out of hand! I gotta be able to chase that new grandbaby around!!! Heres to a healthier new year!!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:19 PM   #13  
Arkantana

S/C/G: 169/151.6/130

Height: 5'7

Default Number Plan 2

Not sure if this will help any one but I had just posted a question that listed Plan 2. I printed off LAWL site.
Original Post:
I am just completing day one of take off, well Morning Blend. I'm not sure what to do for the next two weeks though. Before the LAWL site changed I was able to put in my stats and print off a diary, it is Daily Menu Plan 2 and shows:
2.5 Proteins
3 Veggies
2 Fruits
2 Lites
3 Starches
2 Dairy
2 Fat
Does any one know what plan this is (color)? Or is this even the correct info? I'm 5'7, 169 lbs, and just started exercising 30 min a day.
I went back to the site a week after I printed this info and it had changed.
Arkantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:47 PM   #14  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone, old and new

I have been doing pretty good with WL for the last couple of months, but did hit a small bump in the road from while at my parents' house last week. I am through with guilt though....had a discussion about that with a very dear friend today.......it does no good. So, onto a new day tomorrow.......beginning with a good sweaty work out.......now that my tooth is healing. I had to have oral surgery on Christmas Eve of all days....but I am pretty sure it is ok to strain now...so no excuses for this girl.

Glad to see everyone is feeling positive and ready to rock. I will check back tomorrow.
xoxo
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:32 AM   #15  

Arkantana, At first I thought it was the Blue Plan, but the more I look there are additional items in your list that are not on my Food Diary. Maybe it's Purple and if not Purple it has to be Red. I've done Blue and Gold and there were only so many colors (the only color not mentioned as Green and that was a starvation, but I think they called it Maintenance).

Day 1: Only thing I did different than I had planned was I didn't have 1/2 protein (for breakfast, have to go grocery shopping), and had 1 whole mango instead of a 1/2. For Day 1, I think I did pretty good. On to Day 2.