Old 01-08-2010, 06:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 286/ticker/180

Height: 5'6

Default I'm back...

So I'm back. Hopefully for good! I started my weight loss journey in July of 2008. My boss suggested I join WW, I joined. Went to the meetings weekly when I lived in Maryland (for work). Was so motivated, eating properly going to the gym daily.

Then I moved home. I went to the WW meetings in my town occasionally because I didn't have the same support like my WW Maryland meetings. I was alone, young, and isolated. I stopped going. I continued to eat well but stopped the meetings and stopped exercising at the gym.

I got a job working in a prison as a correctional officer, needless to say I had no time to focus on my weight loss. I was working 4-12 on a good day, but usually 8-12 or 4-8. I became a workaholic, who was going to school full time. My weight loss became a low priority. I did lose weight at my work, the continuous running up and down stairs was really helpful! When I left in September my uniform was hanging off me.

Now I'm working in Hungary (having heard one too many Hungry jokes!) and need to get back on track. The food here is full of salt. The Hungarians love their salt! I get one meal a day from the university because it is free, but have no idea what I'm eating calorie wise. I've decided to bust out the exercise dvd's instead of the gym. The reason is simple, I speak minimal Hungarian and they have only one elliptical for 10+ people. I work for a woman who is continuously talking about my weight. Her solution just skip breakfast and eat maximum an apple for dinner.....She has been my biggest problem in weight loss since I've been here (September), because I feel like she is watching everything I eat and do. Criticizing everything. I am going about it in secret now, the weight loss, so if I fail I can't be criticized.

It's hard for me sometimes knowing how long I've been on this journey and have only lost 40 lbs, but then I realize I've lost 40 lbs!!! and kept it off. It's been a long time since I started, but my accomplishment is better than nothing! I did something right to loose the 40 lbs, and need to get back on track the right way to continue to meet my goal.

Today instead of watching a dvd before work I was on this board, reading stories and getting ideas, i did some BL yoga, I drank 1 L of water, I used portions for my breakfast and lunch instead of eating it all because it was there! I already am starting to feel good about this journey!!!!
xMeaganx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:41 AM   #2  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

You've maintained a loss of 40 pounds even dealing with some pretty major life changes.

THAT IS AWESOME!!!
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:21 AM   #3  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome back. Losing and keeping off 40 is no small feat! You have done great. I look forward to your posts.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:29 AM   #4  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

welcome back!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #5  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I am always super impressed with folks who come back having maintained ANY loss, let alone all of the 40 lb loss! That's such a huge accomplishment and something I've never been able to do.

On a side note, I have an uncle who escaped Hungary some 60 years ago. I don't know what he was like 60 years ago, but he is an absolute health nut! But he loves his chocolate! I got the impression that was a Hungarian thing.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:18 AM   #6  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Welcome back!!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:21 AM   #7  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

Losing 40 pounds IS a big deal.

Some of the "help" others give is amazing, isn't it?

Welcome back.
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote