Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 04:23 PM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Ideal Protein Diet - FAQ

Here's a spot to post FAQ's and Answers

Remember to keep this section for questions only... for all other chick chat like introductions, thank you's, post on how you are doing, etc., please post that on the weekly/monthly thread. By doing so it helps folks who are looking for a specific question become less frustrated (like me lol).

Thanks

Last edited by Leenie; 08-06-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:46 PM   #2  
started 10/11/09

S/C/G: 164/160/145

Height: 5'8"

i am confused on the cabbage - i see spots where we can and then when i checked on the trantiendiet.com it says cabbage is fine.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:38 PM   #3  

Honestly I'm confused as well. Our first Phase 1 client handout sheet said cabbage was fine, all kinds. The new protocol phase 1 sheet says green cabbage is a no no but purple cabbage is ok. Sunkissed said that she called about it and green is ok to eat, but why they give conflicting rules is beyond me.

I'm on my lunch break right now, but I will try to find out more details on this today.

The doctor I work for lost over 70 lbs in a few months and he ate cabbage often. It didn't affect his loss. I also ate it some when I was on phase 1.

As a coach, I would say go ahead and eat it. But don't get into trouble with your own coach, lol. You may want to ask him/her about it and follow their guidelines. Also write it down if/ when you do eat it, that way you can figure out if it makes a difference in your numbers.

I'll try for some more info today though!
Old 10-20-2009, 10:28 PM   #4  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

iI have 2 questions that maybe someone has answers to...

1 - i was told by my coach that the IP rep told her directly that we were allowed to go over on the 2 cup veggie serving, but they do not want us going under that amount. on this site , people have said otherwise. does anyone know? i do tend to go over now and then.

2 - we were specifically told to use coconut oil for frying...reasoning being that olive oil goes rancid when heated to high degrees. they even sell the coconut at our oulet for frying purposes. noone else seems to have heard this information....

if anyone can shed some light , i would be grateful!
Old 10-21-2009, 10:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/190.5/135 Start: 09/20/09

Height: 5'5"

I have these taped to the inside door of my pantry for quick reference.

File 1: Nutritional Fact Sheet.pdf -- lists all the IP items with their nutritional breakdown. Also highlights which items are restricted.

File 2: Phase 1 - ITG.pdf -- This lists what you can have for each meal, and what food items are permitted.

File 3: Preparation Instructions.pdf -- This is the summary info of how to prepare each of the packets. I prefer to use the metric quantity for water since it's more precise.

File 4: Synopsis of Ideal protein Plan.pdf -- This is good background on the plan and how it works.

Here are the results for the Ideal Protein Product Survey. If you haven't taken the survey yet, please go here:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...dG1PaLwg_3d_3d

The more people who take it, the more accurate the results will be!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Nutritional Fact Sheet.pdf (16.6 KB, 4863 views)
File Type: pdf Phase 1 - Ideal Protein.pdf (67.1 KB, 4481 views)
File Type: pdf Preparation Instructions.pdf (25.5 KB, 3096 views)
File Type: pdf Synopsis of Ideal Protein Plan.pdf (53.4 KB, 4028 views)
File Type: doc Survey Results - Jan 3 - 33 Responses.doc (38.0 KB, 1871 views)
Old 10-24-2009, 08:13 PM   #6  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

S/C/G: 233/149./140 START IP 10/24/09

Height: 5' 2.5"

Question Hair loss with the Ideal Protein

Has anyone experienced this side effect??
Old 10-25-2009, 03:09 PM   #7  

Hair loss should not be a side effect from the diet. You should check with your medical doctor.

I really haven't given much info on this website, but I've decided that I'm not going to be posting much. My reason being that every clinic / coach is different and I think you all should be asking your coaches and following their advice.

Good luck to everyone, you will have great success with this diet if you stick to it!
Old 10-26-2009, 09:24 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epona View Post
I really haven't given much info on this website, but I've decided that I'm not going to be posting much. My reason being that every clinic / coach is different and I think you all should be asking your coaches and following their advice.
I think it's unfortunate that Ideal Protein as a company hasn't developed official responses to answer many of the common questions. Based on information that has been posted, there is a great deal of variation in what different clinics communicate to their clients. My own clinic had some off-the-cuff responses to some of my questions, which didn't seem as credible as the information posted on this site (this helped explain my 2 week stall). I hope others will continue to share their information and experience, so we can all optimize the program.

Last edited by kira; 10-26-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:03 PM   #9  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

Quote:
Originally Posted by feverfixer View Post
Princass, the info I have says it can be an effect of the diet but is usually temporary. HTH

Thanks feverfixer. thats why I brought up the point, because I recieved a list of possible side effects and was just curious if anyone had any issues.

Day 3 and feeling fine. Wal-mart was a little hard with all the halloween candy jumping out at me!!
Old 10-26-2009, 10:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCASS View Post
Has anyone experienced this side effect??
Hi Princass. I have experienced this side effect. Also, a co-worker of mine who is doing the diet has experienced this. Neither one of us had this problem until about the 3rd month on the diet. We asked about it and were told that it is temporary and that a way to help it is to take an omega 3 vitamin. I just started taking the omega 3 so I'm not sure if it helps yet.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:54 PM   #11  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

Default Hair loss with the Ideal Protein

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwe74 View Post
Hi Princass. I have experienced this side effect. Also, a co-worker of mine who is doing the diet has experienced this. Neither one of us had this problem until about the 3rd month on the diet. We asked about it and were told that it is temporary and that a way to help it is to take an omega 3 vitamin. I just started taking the omega 3 so I'm not sure if it helps yet.

on your weight loss.

I've been taking Omega 3 for about a year now for depression....so hopefully I have a good omega store!!

Please let me know if you notice it start to work.

Is the hair loss extream?
Old 10-27-2009, 02:12 PM   #12  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrab View Post
iI have 2 questions that maybe someone has answers to...

1 - i was told by my coach that the IP rep told her directly that we were allowed to go over on the 2 cup veggie serving, but they do not want us going under that amount. on this site , people have said otherwise. does anyone know? i do tend to go over now and then.

2 - we were specifically told to use coconut oil for frying...reasoning being that olive oil goes rancid when heated to high degrees. they even sell the coconut at our oulet for frying purposes. noone else seems to have heard this information....

if anyone can shed some light , i would be grateful!
Olive oil only goes rancid if it's old, stored in a high heat area for extended periods, or exposed to oxygen for months(open bottles). High heat during cooking may take away the strong olive taste, but then it wil just taste like other, less pungeant oils(vegetable). Not to be so cynical, but sounds like the coconut oil they are selling you is just another product they can get you to pay for. I guess that was cynical, after all.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #13  
Love

S/C/G: 238/in progress :P/208

Height: 5-9

can we drink crystal light ?
Old 11-11-2009, 09:04 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annmawy View Post
can we drink crystal light ?
You should check with your coach. I've seen conflicting information on this. Some people have shared recipes they received from their clinic that have Crystal Light, but others have been told to avoid aspartame. Some newer Crystal Light contains Splenda - but confirm with your coach.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #15  
Start Date: 11/30/2009

Height: 5'6"

Olive oil is recommended for medium heat and under because it will break down faster under high heat, it has a pretty low smoking point. Coconut and peanut oil are better to use with high heat in general.

You want to avoid cooking with oil at high temperatures as much as possible anyways, because heat causes a chemical conformation in the structure... basically, when it's heated and then cooled, some of it changes to trans fat, and no one wants that!
Closed Thread