Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 02:04 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default January Alternachat

Happy New Year's everyone!

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 01-01-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:37 PM   #2  
Beings fats is brutals

Height: 5'10

I second that sentiment! Let's kick January's ***, girls!
Old 01-02-2010, 03:37 AM   #3  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

I can't believe 10 years ago was the year 2000. I feel so old. Here's to a year full of good health and happiness.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:32 AM   #4  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Happy 2010 everyone

Ditto that Robot, I feel ancient, even though I'm clearly not.

I feel really positive about this year... I probably felt the same way this time last year, but I'll be d*mned if I can remember that far back! I should make that one of my resolutions to try and improve my memory!

What are everyone's plans for this coming year? My main one is to take better care of my body and my mind. Mainly accomplished by being healthy, reading more and conquering my petty irrational fears. I'd like to have some awesome travel plans but money and a travel buddy are mostly lacking. Oh and getting a job would be pretty good too

I hope everyone had a good festive period and we're all ready to Kick January's a** (to quote metal chick )
Old 01-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #5  
Beings fats is brutals

Quote:
Originally Posted by going2Bhealthy View Post
What are everyone's plans for this coming year? My main one is to take better care of my body and my mind. Mainly accomplished by being healthy, reading more and conquering my petty irrational fears. I'd like to have some awesome travel plans but money and a travel buddy are mostly lacking. Oh and getting a job would be pretty good too
I'm with you on all of that! Whoa. Well, I personally would replace reading more with practicing guitar more. But otherwise, WHOA!

I have a lot of irrational fears to shake off too. I think a lot of my agoraphobic tendencies are because of my weight. I want to feel comfortable in my own skin for once!

After I make it to my goal weight (or size, really) I promised myself a Phoenix tattoo, which I want to get in Phoenix, Arizona. haha I love Arizona so much. That will be cool! While I'm there I also want to visit Waylon Jennings' grave in Mesa. I may not be able to afford the trip this year as I'm not working, but that's why I said "After I make it" instead of "When I make it".

In fact, I would love to MOVE to Arizona! That would be SWEET! I'm here in the Midwest. I'm originally from Southern California and I'm not into the cold or the yuppiness of this place. But I'm kind of stuck. I would probably move to Texas as a second choice.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:37 PM   #6  

I like the idea of the Phoenix tattoo Metal Chick. I promised myself a tattoo at goal/when I'm happy enough with my body too, but I've yet to design it. I'm a procrastinator, I can't help it!

I've never been to the US, so I can only nod and sympathise, but England is pretty cold. And wet. And grey. So, I kinda know how you feel. I'd love to live in Italy and Hungary during some point in my life, but also somewhere that doesn't get too cold. If I had my way I think I'd move to another country every other year!

As for the 2010 plan I did a lot better today than I have been doing but not perfectly on plan. I'm finding it really hard to get back into exercising. I just need to stop whining and do it I suppose, but that's pretty tough when you have my well honed self-sabotaging skills. Fingers crossed for tomorrow's potential workout!
Old 01-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #7  
Beings fats is brutals

I've heard the weather in England is kind of dreary. I still want to go sometime. At least to stalk Noel Fielding! I'll bring a coat...

I was trying to think of a tattoo for a long time. Eventually I quit thinking about it and BAM! it just popped into my head. Completely designed and in full color. Yours will come to you too.

About exercise? Just get your butt moving, girl! I sometimes I don't feel like working out, but when I make myself do it anyway I always feel better!

HOWEVER, if you want to talk about self-sabotaging skills, yesterday I ate Taco Bell AND some candy I got for Christmas. Not good, homemade candy, mind you, it was cheap Hersey's crap my boyfriend's mom gave us. I didn't even enjoy the Taco Bell or the candy. I never do. Why did I eat it? My boyfriend wanted the TB for dinner, but I totally could have eaten something else. And I ate the candy because my bf ate what he wanted but didn't like the kind that was left over. So why the **** do I feel OBLIGATED to eat food that's BAD for me?
Old 01-03-2010, 07:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 148/141.5/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Chick View Post
After I make it to my goal weight (or size, really) I promised myself a Phoenix tattoo, which I want to get in Phoenix, Arizona
I have a phoenix tattoo (posted a pic in the tattoos thread). I got it because I'm in recovery and had a near fatal overdose. I thought that getting a phoenix was appropriate being that it's a symbol of resurrection, rebirth, and immortality.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:54 PM   #9  
peace<3

S/C/G: 240/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

I <3 tattoos. Just had to say that! I have 8 and of course I am wanting more.

For the new year I have started the c25k program and hope to run a 5k in March.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:13 PM   #10  
Beings fats is brutals

Cool tattoo, Nicole! I'm incorporating the Waylon logo into mine, so it's going to look quite a bit different.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:27 PM   #11  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Wow Metal Chick, when I reach goal I'm planning on a phoenix tattoo also. I want a huge back piece...a tattoo of a phoenix rising out of the ashes...and a symbol for my new beginnings...that's something I've always wanted. =D
Old 01-03-2010, 11:37 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 148/141.5/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineFidelity View Post
Wow Metal Chick, when I reach goal I'm planning on a phoenix tattoo also. I want a huge back piece...a tattoo of a phoenix rising out of the ashes...and a symbol for my new beginnings...that's something I've always wanted. =D
That's similar to my phoenix tatt ... phoenix rising out of the flames (pic in the tatt thread).
Old 01-03-2010, 11:56 PM   #13  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Oh it's really pretty...I love it.

I want my phoenix to be MADE out of flames...without any black outlines if that's possible...and to rise out of black ashes. I want it to go from the lower right part of my back...to my upper left shoulder...I want it to be pretty big. lol
Old 01-04-2010, 01:45 PM   #14  

I like your tattoo Nicole! All this talk of tatts is making me itch for a new one! Why is it when I have no money I find a million things to spend money on but when I do have money I seem to squander it on meaningless rubbish?

Good luck with the c25k Abbey, I started it a couple of years ago but I can't run for too long because my joints are pretty rubbish. Or rather my ligaments are. It's a really good program though, I'm sure you'll be running that 5k in no time!

I like the idea of the phoenix made of flames Divine, it sounds as if it'll look awesome!

I've just bummed around today. I'm trying to plan something nice for me and the bf's anniversary which is in 5 weeks! It's pretty tough when neither of us are working, but I'm determined to do something special. Of course, I also want to lose as much weight as possible in those weeks, so I'm aiming for 8-10lbs.

I'm still struggling with motivation. My excuse for not exercising today was that the heating was broken and it was really cold in the house all morning. Yeah... cos that makes sense Maria. It's cold outside, it's cold inside, exercise makes you warm, but instead just sit shivering on the couch...??

Tomorrow is weigh in day and I guess I'm scared of sabotaging it by exercising and retaining water... so tomorrow is no excuse. I can't use heating or weather or weigh-ins as an excuse and I won't need them because I'll be ace and get on my bike and go for it for the first time in forever

Last edited by going2Bhealthy; 01-04-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:46 AM   #15  

So, we're a week into 2010, how is everyone finding the new year?

Has anyone made resolutions or plans for the year? Are we sticking to our super healthy plans for the year?

I hope it's all going well for everyone (even though it's only the 7th heheh)
Closed Thread