WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 01-04-2010, 05:17 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Default Help! Need filling ideas for breakfast!!

Hi everyone -

I have a weird schedule and can't stop in the middle of my work to have a snack. I need ideas for VERY filling breakfast items without breaking my points bank!

Today I tried one slice ww toast and one packet instant oatmeal. By the time our lunch break was coming around I had been feeling almost dizzy for about an hour!

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 164.4/158/150

Height: 5'10.5''

I eat the same thing every morning and am good until lunch:

2 slices WW lite toast
lite butter
1 hardboiled egg
coffee w/ REAL cream or half and half

sprinkle some salt/hot sauce on eggs/toast and you have yourself a pretty tasty 6 pt breakfast
LolaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

I do this chocolate oatmeal.... Use 1/2 c REAL oatmeal, 1cup of water (like it calls for on the container). Put 1tsp (level-- not heaped), and then some kind of chocolate (I use a protein supplement) but my co worker uses hot cocoa packets. The way I fix it is 5 points, but you would need to figure it your way for different ingredients. It is awesome.... kinda like mississippi mud cookies not set. It is very filling and b/c I use a protein supplement it is hard for me to finish the whole bowl.

If I cannot do this, I do my standby of a boiled egg.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 236/224/180ish?

Height: 5'10"

I like to eat

Weight Control Oatmeal with Fiber One Yogurt and Coffee (3 pts)
1/2 Cup egg substitute, an english muffin, and a banana (5 pts)
2 Nutrigrain Low Fat Waffles with Cool Whip Free, Fiber One Yogurt, and a Banana (4 pts)
You could also do something lunch like, such as a can of WW Progresso soup along side a 1 pt sandwich thin with turkey (5 pts)

I absolutely love the Fiber One Key Lime Yogurt (the Strawberry is okay). It's 0 points for one serving (I imagine if you ate 2 it'd be 1 or 2 points). I eat one almost every morning for breakfast and it's a good way to get some milk and 5g fiber in.

I might have to try that Chocolate Oatmeal, it sounds really good!

Last edited by ibcnuldu; 01-07-2010 at 11:52 AM.
ibcnuldu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 282/174/155

Height: 5" 6"

I do good with a Vitatop (1 point) and a banana
boxermom78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #6  

If you want to stay full, you need a good serving of protein with each meal and snack. Add and egg or egg whites, maybe a slice of fat free cheese to your toast. If you are only eating carbs for breakfast, you will be hungry in an hour or two.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:33 PM   #7  

I agree with Susan I do better with protein at each meal as well. My WW meeting leader encourages this. I have also learned that *I* must eat protein for snacks vs. something carby like rice cakes or popcorn. If I choose the latter I only continue to be hungry.

Last edited by jeanies; 01-08-2010 at 06:45 PM.
jeanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:59 PM   #8  
Must do this!!

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'2

chocolate oatmeal sounds yummy...i'mma try this
LiL PiXiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:02 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrider72472 View Post
I do this chocolate oatmeal.... Use 1/2 c REAL oatmeal, 1cup of water (like it calls for on the container). Put 1tsp (level-- not heaped), and then some kind of chocolate (I use a protein supplement) but my co worker uses hot cocoa packets. The way I fix it is 5 points, but you would need to figure it your way for different ingredients. It is awesome.... kinda like mississippi mud cookies not set. It is very filling and b/c I use a protein supplement it is hard for me to finish the whole bowl.

If I cannot do this, I do my standby of a boiled egg.
What kind of protein supplement do you use ?
mysweetiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

I've been eating one egg and one egg white as an omelet with half a slice of low-fat cheese (processed or otherwise) and 1/4 avocado. and coffee of course. seems to fill me up, esp if I drink a lot of water, or even sometimes add half a piece of high-fiber toast.
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #11  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

I like to make a homemade egg Mcmuffin:

1 Oroweat whole wheat sandwich thin (1 pt)
1 egg (2 pts)
2 slices turkey bacon (2 pts)
1 slice non-fat american cheese (1 pt)

I realize that 6 pts may be a lot for some people, but I get 28 pts a day. If you use 1 egg white instead of a whole egg, that is -0- pts. You could also cut the turkey bacon to one slice, and the whole thing would then be 3 pts. It's very filling along with some coffee/water.
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 185/181.8/145

I find I don't give myself enough time to have breakfast at home. I can easily have my breakfast at work so often just have instant oatmeal when I get there. Tonight I made my breakfast for morning. Two spinach mushroom crepes. To make my crepes I used 2 egg whites, a few tablespoons of skim milk and 2 T of flour. Divided it into two crepes and by spreading thinly on a non stick frying pan with a spray of pam. Then I cooked some chopped mushrooms, onions and chopped spinach. Once that was cooked I added 2T of low fat cream cheese, salt and pepper. Filled and wrapped my crepes and I am ready to go for the morning. So looking forward to them. Just going to warm in a microwave.
kareberr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:48 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 217/216.5/120

Height: 4'11

This is tough for me as well. I need to eat protein in the morning but don't eat pork and really really don't enjoy eggs.
I found a cereal with 13 g of protein per serving. I have a cup with skim milk and some kind of fruit. I am usually (as long as I drink tons of water) ok until 11:00 am then I might have a small yogurt to tide me over until lunch

I used to make egg sandwiches on WW english muffin with LF cheese and some turkey bacon. Wasn't too bad...

I am now going to try cottage cheese in the morning. I h8 cottage chesse but it's got some decent protein in it. I m going to dress it up with some fruit, and some cinnamon and see what that's like.

I am soon going to be commuting a few hours to work so morning will be tight.
I will probably buy some LF protein powder and make protein shakes with fruit to drink in the car....
letstrythisagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 290/270/135

What I usually have is:
1/2 cup Steel Cut Oatmeal w/1 tbsp honey, a half cup of strawberries/raspberries/blueberries and 1 tbsp sliced almonds [5-6 points]

or if I want a light day or am not hungry in the morning, I'll have:

A yogurt, 12 almonds, and an apple [4-5 points]

This usually keeps me full until lunch. I prefer the Steel Cut Oatmeal over Instant. It tastes so much better and seems to keep me fuller longer. It's eliminated my need for a mid-morning snack and it doesn't make my hypoglycemia act up.

Last edited by Jaimie; 01-17-2010 at 11:53 PM. Reason: spelling error
Jaimie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:56 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 245/241/170

For a filling breakfast I always go for the old standby of some 45 calorie slice bread with some Peanut Butter and Honey and maybe a piece of fruit. That seems to get me through the day. I love oatmeal but for some reason that doesnt stay with me very long.
Girly2010 is offline   Reply With Quote