Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-04-2010, 10:47 PM   #1  

Default P90 day 1 and my legs are killing me!

Ugh my dh and I just finished our first day of P90! It was horrible! I say that because I hate doing anything that makes my heart feel like it's pounding out of my chest. My legs are so sore and my thighs feel very tight. I know it's a process and hopefully it will get better. Maybe one day I will even look forward to exercising but today is not that day!
lil piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:04 AM   #2  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Congrats on starting. Just stick with it! It will get easier, I promise.
By the way, to ease the tightness in the legs, try to do some light exercise today, a little jog if you can. It will get the blood flowing and it is best to help the muscles recover.

By the way, what's in the P90? I wonder if it's the same one I did - I found out I had one P90 DVD among my fitness DVD's (I can't recall where I got it, must have been a long time ago), still in the original celophane wrap, so I gave it my BF for Christmas as he started exercising, too. We did one session together and it was about 39 minutes, a combo of weight lifting, some leg exercises and a bit of light cardio.
Is it what you have? I thought it was quite easy but I have been doing this for a while (I have done his P90X although not for the entire 90 days) so I am probably a bit more advanced.

And you will look forward to exercising - it will come. You will crave the terrific feeling you get afterwards. It just takes some time to get there so persevere. Best wishes of good luck!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:12 PM   #3  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I assume you're doing P90X with Tony Horton? That first day is a real eye-opener for sure. It does get easier if you stick with it, but just remember to take him seriously when he says to pace yourself and take extra breaks. It's easy to hurt yourself and/or get discouraged if you try to push too hard.

I'm in week 7 of my first round and I'm really enjoying it, though I've added Insanity cardio in the mornings because the P90X cardio just wasn't doing it for me.

Good luck! It's a tough workout but the payoff looks to be worth it.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

P90 is different than P90x, it is "lighter" (or should I say, P90x is a level "up"). They are both by Tony Horton.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/185

Height: 5'10"

Awesome! I finished P90x and still continue to do the workouts. I was in the military before so the moves were pretty similar (muscle memory, etc). Yes, the first day can be very painful. Just remember to keep stretching and don't over do it.

If you get injured by pushing to hard you can be sidelined for days which can mess up the 90 day schedule.... ugh.

Good luck on your endeavors!
carlvhusen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #6  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
P90 is different than P90x, it is "lighter" (or should I say, P90x is a level "up"). They are both by Tony Horton.
Thanks for the explanation, Sacha. I Googled but I couldn't find anything about 'P90'. I'm doing P90X and Insanity at the same time, though, so my brain isn't necessarily working properly these days.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 187/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

I'm starting P90X soon too! Just got it today so will probably start Monday full force, and half way the next few days. I love the feeling of sore muscles and can't wait! Good luck, exercise/lifting really does get easier the more you do it.
vmo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 374/ticker/size 12

Height: 5'8"

My husband is really wanting to start P90x ... I am so scared it will be too hard. I am not ready for it but I think I will do it too but after a month or two of exercising first.
oneLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:17 PM   #9  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Tony got a lot of mileage out of the Power 90 name. There's P90, P90 Masters, P90x, and P90+. In order of intensity of workouts.

P90 came first then X, then he did Masters to 'bridge the gap' between 90 and X then he came out with +.

As Tomato said sitck with it; the first two weeks are the hardest.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 01-07-2010 at 09:18 PM.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote