Old 01-04-2010, 04:45 AM   #1  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Cool Vacation Ramblings

Well, I know I haven't been posting much lately, but I've been busy, busy, busy! December seems to get crazy from the very beginning with all the family stuff and shopping and planning . . .

Anyway, once it got closer to the holidays the BF and I drove to California for Christmas vacation. We spent a few days with part of his family, hit Universal Studios for a day, then spent a few days with my mom's family.

I was a bit worried, food-wise. I know it takes planning and such to eat healthy while away from home, whether you're eating in restaurants or in someone else's house, but I didn't do a lot of planning this time around. Luckily I was mostly surrounded by Subway catering for the first half of the trip and found healthy choices before we went into the theme park, although I might have overdone the hot chocolate that day. At least I did a lot of walking! Oh, and my aunt is a great cook but the meals were pretty balanced and not horribly far off from what I'd eat at home. Still, we had some food on the road that probably wasn't the healthiest of options and I was a little scared to step on the scale once we made it home.

I didn't gain anything. Whew! I didn't lose anything either, but I was expecting that. And to kick off the New Year celebration, I got . . . sick. It was a bad case of the stomach flu. I'm finally feeling better and see that I've dropped two pounds in the past few days. Which means I *finally* broke my 250 plateau! I'd been so close part of November and all of December. That number is an enormous deal for me, as I've only been under it twice as an adult!

So it's kinda been a rough, crazy month, but the scale is finally kind again and I'm looking forward to getting back into my old routine now that I'm back home, feeling better, and can relax now that the holidays are over. Hope everyone had a great December!

P.S. One of my Christmas gifts was a waterproof case and headphone set for my iPod shuffle! Which means I can listen to music while swimming laps! I can't wait to try it out this week.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:51 AM   #2  
299lbs.wordpress.com

S/C/G: 299/285/145

Height: 5'9''

Congrats on not gaining anything over the holidays! Let's just say that I was not that lucky. I think. Didn't actually have the guts to weigh in until after

Wow! Waterproof Ipoding sounds way awesome!

Annie
http://299lbs.wordpress.com/
299lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:32 AM   #3  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

I was sick over the holidays too. Glad you are feeling better and getting back into a normal routine.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:51 AM   #4  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirenity View Post
I'm finally feeling better and see that I've dropped two pounds in the past few days. Which means I *finally* broke my 250 plateau! I'd been so close part of November and all of December. That number is an enormous deal for me, as I've only been under it twice as an adult!
Congrats on the breakthrough! (I felt that way about 240 which I broke in Dec, gonna have to rebreak this month, ha).

speaking of waterproofing, I put my ipod through the laundry, luckily bf dried it out and it worked again. I love that little gadget.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote