South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-03-2010, 02:10 PM   #1  
Step away from the buffet

S/C/G: Hi294.4/Restart 276/ticker/180

Height: 5'10

Default Remembering why I love the SBD!

I lost about 50 lbs on South Beach about 5 years ago. For whatever reason, I fell off the wagon and gained it all back, plus another 20 or so. Since then I have tried every other diet plan out there because I did not want to give up carbs and sweets. Well, I finally came to the conclusion that I have to get this weight off, and I needed to go with the only plan that has worked for me in the past. I started phase one on January 1.

Wow! I now remember so clearly why I loved this plan! I am down 6 lbs in two days (OK, I know alot is water, but hey it is numbers on the scale), I am eating really good, fresh foods, and I am full! I eat a hearty breakfast then go about my day and before I know it, it is lunch time and I am not even really hungry yet! I know snacks are important on this plan, and I eat them when I am hungry, but often snack time sails by without me noticing it! I went to the movies yesterday and did not even blink at passing by the popcorn and candy. I am loving this!

So, I guess I am a convert for life. There is nothing that works for me like this plan. I am coming to terms with the fact that white bread, rice, and pasta are out forever, but I am looking forward to adding some great whole grain products in phase II. I am really looking forward to FRUIT! In fact, I am considering adding back only fruit for a while since I have so much to lose, and I am really not missing the grains terribly right now.

Sorry for the random babbling, but I am just so excited about South Beach and had to share!
Hello Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:38 PM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Welcome back. And congrats on the first 6 pounds gone. Keep up the good work.
little chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:28 PM   #3  
ddmbmom

Talking I agree! I love SBD also!

I lost around 40 with it 4 years ago. I have gained about half of it back. Actually I was able to maintain the weight loss for about 3 years which is the problem with most diets. It seems like I can lose weight with any diet when I set my mind to it, but I always gain it back immediately. To keep it off for 3 years was amazing! I actually felt like that was my normal weight. Stress this past year got me eating everything in sight the past 6 months but I feel in control now too. This is day 7 for me in phase 1 and I feel great! Pants are not killing me as much as they were a week ago.
I'm so excited to find this message board also!
ddmbMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 153/150/130

Height: 5'6"

Default hello!

Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum. I just went out and bought all the items for phase one. I had much success with SBD after doing it years ago but like everyone else i had gained it back and then some

So here i am again. I am about 155 pounds, and i need to lose about 20 pounds. The 130's are definitely my "happy weight", as i am only 5'6".

Looking for some support from you all who are also doing it! Let's keep each other motivated..

Happy New Year!
newyearnewme2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to The Beach! We look forward to getting to know all of you better and good luck!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:55 PM   #6  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome to all you newbies. There are a lot of us loyal South Beachers here! You'll get a lot of support here. The FAQ's & recipes here are a godsend. Congrats Hello Nurse! You're off to a wonderful start!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:08 PM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

back to most of you!

HelloNurse: I am the same way. I went looking around for an easier way to do it and I can't find a plan that I can maintain so easily. The SB WOL makes me happy and it's easiest for me to commit to.
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 148/141.5/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm loving SB. I was on WW for a while and yes I lost weight but I gained it all back and became obsessed with counting points. Today I noticed something that never happened for me while on WW ... not only do I not have regular cravings but my appetite has greatly diminished. It seems like I was always hungry on WW, or at least thinking about my next meal, but not on SB

Last edited by KKBs Nicole; 01-03-2010 at 10:58 PM.
KKBs Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/233/170

Height: 5'9

hey i am new to the beach too ( and this website) ... i started phase 1 january first as well.. CONGRATS on the 6lbs!! i love reading everyones posts and seeing their success because it motivates me to do better!
hello nurse - GREAT JOB!! keep up the great work
RHP9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #10  

question- yesterday i made grilled chicken with a marinade that has 4g of sugar (per serving and i used 2 servings for an entire packet of chicken) in it, is this a no-no on phase 1?
Old 01-04-2010, 04:24 PM   #11  

Default Newbie

I am also new to SBD...I have felt better on this diet than I have in a while! I started a few days before New Years. I have a question... I didn't see lowfat cottage cheese on the list of Phase 1 foods. Is that allowable or not???
litar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #12  

yes, cottage cheese is allowed. It's listed in a few of the "snack" options in that actual meal plan. i like to eat the cottage cheese with almonds.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:09 PM   #13  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Cottage cheese and almonds? Gotta try that! Sounds like a good snack. Also cottage cheese and cinnamon is another idea to try.

Good luck Hello Nurse! You're doing great.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:37 PM   #14  
Step away from the buffet

S/C/G: Hi294.4/Restart 276/ticker/180

Height: 5'10

Thanks for the support, everyone! Newyearnewme2010, 4 gm per serving is an awful lot, IMO. Read the ingredients, if it has added sugar, high fructose corn syrup or other sugary by products, it is a no-no for SBD. Don't stress about little mistakes like that, I am sure most of us have made them. Just keep going and reading labels and you will be great!
Hello Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:52 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 219/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Carb addict

I have also tried WW and can do well, but my downfall is definitely carbs. Quitting carbs is like quitting smoking; once you get past the first few days, it seems to get a bit easier. I just started Phase one today. I am so glad I accidentally happened upon this site last week. I am looking forward to working together toward our "new year goals."
cannotstandpics is offline   Reply With Quote