Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 12-30-2009, 11:25 AM   #1  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Thigh highs without muffin tops?

Ok so I one time found a pair of thigh highs that came with a lingerie set and they fit ok a little short but they didnt squeeze my legs. I bought a pair in a department store that had rubber at the top to hold them up..worst idea ever! So im wondering has anyone found a good place to buy them that fit and look decent? I know they arent cheap but I don't want to waste $20 on a pair that I dont even want to wear. Thanks!
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:53 AM   #2  
Workin' It

I buy the ones that clip on to garters - they don't typically have elastic on the top so they lie flat at the top. I hate the ones that have the elastic - always get muffin top legs with those.

I get mine at either FOH or Victoria's Secret, got a nice inexpensive garter belt at Kohl's.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:19 PM   #3  
Working My Way Back Down

I do get the ones with elastic and they don't seem to bother me too badly, except with not gripping. The secret to keeping them up is to moisture your legs really well. My skin gets so dry in the winter. Oh, anyway, I get them at Sears. Since I wear pants to work, and seldom have any other occasion to dress up, I don't wear hose very often though.

I'm old enough (64) to remember when garter belts (or - shudder - girdles) were our only option! I remember in college when panty hose first came out - all the girls in my dorm rushed out to get them. Never looked back after that.....
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:01 PM   #4  
this space for rent

S/C/G: 274/274/140

Height: 5'8"

I found a thigh-high for tall gals and found that it better encompassed my thigh fat and actually landedd mid thigh. I have tried both the banded type and the ones with snakes and found that the snakes let me move around a lot more withouthaving to worry about slippage. Also it started to feel reeally good after walking in them for a little bit. all this without the muffins.
eroica27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:40 PM   #5  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I usually wear the ones that clip onto a garter belt. They fit nicely, and look sexy.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

This is kinda off topic, but, I was once told a HORROR STORY about what happened to young women during their TOM in the daysgonebyera. It involved some kind of clips?!?!?!?!?!?!

I was told this story during my "Give me tampons or give me death!" speech.

I'm 30, and I feel old-fashioned wearing pantihose, instead of bare legs.
My mother used to lift my skirt to check for a slip when I'd be heading out in a dress. Not any more.
I am horrorstruck just thinking about what kind of wanton and lewd outfits my daughter will be heading out in. Poor mom. Poor me. Poor women's underwears.

(I had no advice about thigh-highs, sorry. The only ones I've worn did not stay on long enough to worry me about muffin-tops or slippage. Hubs has no use for such silliness.)
thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:13 PM   #7  
this space for rent

thats funny, my mom used to check us for stockings. I'm 31 and although i am not a fan of the bare legs look out side of summer dresses, I also did not like the extreme coverage of stockings. I mean really, who needs a garment that tucks in under the boobage?! That is what brought me to thigh highs. However, I move around alot, and had problems with thigh highs rolling down to my knees. the garter snakes solved that problem for me
Old 01-04-2010, 02:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

eroica27 - Nothing like having your dress lifted in the kitchen, in front of The Almighty and all your male relatives, while your mom's on panty-patrol, eh?

I think our age group, I'm 30, is on the edge of the hose-no hose debate. I am so sensitive about acting old, I would prefer hose, but then all the 19 year-olds look at me like I'm gonna get my cross stitch out of my purse any second. At least in my mind.
thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 236/?/132

Height: 5'6"

Here is a question... I've never understood HOW thigh highs attach to garter belts... How does that work without making runs your stockings??
GonnaTurnHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:14 PM   #10  
this space for rent

First there are 2 types of thigh highs, ones with elastic grips, and ones specially made for garters. The tops of the thigh highs are reenforced, and the snakes use gentle but very firm pressure to hold up the hose. its very similar to catching an extra item of close through a button hole.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/206/180

Height: 6'0

I have never been able to find a pair of thigh highs that dont make me look like a stuffed sausage trying to escape the casing! I saw that someone mentioned Vistoria's secret. Unfortunately, I do not think that I would be able to fit those....any other brands that I could look for?
tammygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:53 PM   #12  
this space for rent

I have very large legs. I also like lingerie and collect slips. I have found that the "tall" thigh highs are great for big legged women. I found mine at walmart, but just do an online search. The extra lenth covers the leg without the worry that the stocking might not make it to the thigh.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:29 PM   #13  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

I found some! I found mine on this site: hipsandcurves.com. I got this exact pair: http://www.hipsandcurves.com/plus-si...s-hosiery.aspx.

I ordered the tall ones and they fit amazing! I just bought a new red and black lace..thing...to go with them and i cant wait to wear it! lol So if anyone is looking I highly suggest these
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:55 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecracker777 View Post
I found some! I found mine on this site: hipsandcurves.com.

I got this exact pair: http://www.hipsandcurves.com/plus-si...s-hosiery.aspx. lingerie Australia

I ordered the tall ones and they fit amazing! I just bought a new red and black lace..thing...to go with them and i cant wait to wear it! lol So if anyone is looking I highly suggest these

Great site!! Posted in January and Helpful in August!!

Last edited by bigjosie; 08-23-2010 at 02:13 PM.
bigjosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:52 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundahthighs View Post
eroica27 - Nothing like having your dress lifted in the kitchen, in front of The Almighty and all your male relatives, while your mom's on panty-patrol, eh?
I am over 50 and we had slip and pantie checks AT SCHOOL! Actually I got sent home from PUBLIC SCHOOL in third grade for not wearing plain white panties. Apparently panties with rosebuds on them were a "gateway" to becoming a slut later in life. ..

And actually I was a bit of a slut... but it was the late 1960's and really who wasn't?

As for tampons... they were for "married ladies" ONLY! We virgins used "napkins", a huge wad of polyester fluff encases in a bandage gaze. These were held in place by something called a "sanitary napkin belt"... Sound gross? Well, it is actually MORE gross than it even sounds... AH, the Memories!

Last edited by nancymae; 08-26-2010 at 05:53 PM.
nancymae is offline   Reply With Quote