Old 01-03-2010, 09:46 AM   #1  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Default Oy, my head :(

I went out with friends last night that I haven't seen in a while. More mutual friends arrived at a certain point and rounds just kept being bought. I had way too many beers. In addition, the food choices yesterday were not exactly stellar.

However, one thing that I am proud of is that I didn't follow the typical pattern after going out drinking. Usually, I'd order a large pizza from the dominos down the street and eat the entire thing before going to bed. I have no idea why being drunk makes me crave pizza before bed, but it is pretty much what I've done most times. Every time except last night.

I got on the scale this morning and I'm only up 1.2 pounds! That could even be normal weight fluctuations.

Its a small NSV in the midst of having a bad day, but I'll take. At least I didn't compound the problem and make things much much worse.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Good job! My head felt the same way yesterday--I guess I'm kinda "lucky" because it doesn't take much for me--I only had a few drinks, so fewer calories, but still massive headache in the morning!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I guess everyone is entitled to a free day every now and again. It hits home how awful it can make you feel. I am so glad you're just up in weight onlya little bit. That will come off fast or, like you said, could be water weight. Just hop back on to your plan.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

yay for the no pizza - shows that even with that beer on board, your instincts are different than they were before and you made a better choice.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:17 AM   #5  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Hey! You did better than me a few days ago! When I made my good/healthy lifestyle change... massive amounts of drinking became a thing of the past for me as well (and let's just say I was more than likely a definite alcoholic for years!)....... so when I drank Tuesday night not only did I get BEYOND messed up..... but I spent the remainder of the night in the bathroom! Yeesh. Talk about not knowing your limit anymore!

However, the few nights I've drank in the past year... I've only gone up about two pounds each time, and it was off within a day or two so I'm assuming its pretty much bloating/water weight!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Good job in breaking the pizza after drinks habit. You did it once you can do it again.
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:02 AM   #7  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

That's great progress!

I had a similar experience. I loaded up on veggies and lean chicken before we went to our friend's house for New Year's. Then, I drank more than I should have, but not as much as I would have. Also, once the alcohol really hit me, I had the munchies as well but by then most of the really bad food was already eaten by other party goers. I had some crackers and part of a Subway Sub. Before it would have been a VERY different story.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #8  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm the oddball out and I don't drink so maybe I'm just missing something. But couldn't you say "no" after the second drink or something? I know it was New Year's, but alcohol is loaded with calories.

But good job giving up the after drinks pizza!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:51 PM   #9  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I know going to bars with your friends has been a challenge for you, Matt so good for you for breaking the pizza habit! The terrible habits we develop that don't make any sense are often so ingrained we don't think anything of them. You've got to celebrate the successes when you find them!

I had a similar one... I used to stop at McDonalds every time I left my parents' house to drive home, often after we had just had dinner. Why I felt the need to eat two dinners (one really, really greasy) I can't tell you (stress perhaps?). It really was hard the first time I drove right past the McDonalds to get on the freeway. Even almost a year later, I still get the impulse, though it's faint now, when I go to see them.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #10  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

It's better than it could have been for sure! Good for you!!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:59 PM   #11  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Good for you, Matt. I hear you, I felt like this xmas I broke some habits like that. I think it really is a milestone weight loss wise, to do that. Feels like gaining control.

I have really lost my ability to drink over the years, one beer and I'm practically under the table.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote