Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 07:55 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Period Alert!! Queen Bee calling all cars. Come in, please.

Thank goodness for this board, because I could have sworn I just had my period about a week ago. All I have to do now is look up my last period on the thread.
Sure enough... right on schedule. Damn it. Come on, menopause!!
Old 12-31-2002, 09:12 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Be careful what you wish for. You may get it. Menopause is not exactly a bowl of cherries, to coin a phrase.
Old 12-31-2002, 09:31 AM   #3  

Anything's better than bleeding for 5 days. How quickly you forget, Ruthie.
The ruined underwear, the ruined sheets, the ruined jeans...
The achy pain, the bloating, the headaches, the *****iness...
The smell, the frequent bathing...
Inserting a tampon, bloody fingers when leaving the cubicle in a public restroom...
BLAH!!!
Old 12-31-2002, 11:23 AM   #4  
a work in progress...

Ahhhh....the joys of womanhood!
If you're getting yours, I'm right behind you, ellis...I thought I was a little *****y...maybe the holidays tempered that a bit, but I know I was definitely getting those, "BACK OFF, MOTHER feelings at work!
not VERBALIZED...I'm too much of a lady for that!

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 01-01-2003 at 01:46 AM.
Old 12-31-2002, 01:20 PM   #5  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Just finished mine on Saturday! Yeah! I know what you mean about feeling like we just got over it a week ago, I felt like I was very early, however, looking back I guess not.
Virginia
Old 12-31-2002, 03:52 PM   #6  
Velvet Goddess

S/C/G: 297/250/126

Height: 5'6"

Just finished mine yesterday. I am so glad to be over it! Hang in there honey, you'll be over it soon.
Old 12-31-2002, 05:07 PM   #7  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Day 1 here too. I forgot. You would think it would be hard to forget if you are on the pill, but this morning I just thought, "Oh yeah, I'm on the last week aren't I".
Old 12-31-2002, 05:47 PM   #8  

Oh, for goodness sakes!! You mean I'm NOT the Queen Bee!!!
I succeed my title to Virginia. Or did you start FIRST, Velvet!?

Kat, who the heck ever told you that you're a LADY!? heh heh
Old 12-31-2002, 10:06 PM   #9  

Well, I am in mid-cycle according to the calendar but I feel bloated and cranky and mean anyhow! Feels like that period is either here, just was here or is just about to arrive again - like an irritating relative who is always dropping in! I want menopause too, but I recall my mother's amazing hot flashes in her 51st summer (poor woman) and am sure it will be the same with me...
I keep thinking "Lordy, I've been into this since I was 12 years old - what else have I done for 28 years ?!"

What an accomplishment! (sound of ironic, cranky snorting laughter, not elegant at all!)

Lidian
Old 12-31-2002, 11:43 PM   #10  
Hot Stuff

I'll be with you all on Tuesday, unless I skip again. I've had only one in the last five months. Doctor said nothing seems wrong, offered to switch my BCP, but I've been on the same ones for 15 years, I'm not messing with them now! She said if it's bothersome we'll do something, otherwise not to worry. Yeah, it's REAAALLLL bothersome.....
Old 01-01-2003, 03:11 AM   #11  
the kid's counting on me!

ELLIS....me too...I was just thinking I couldn't be PMS because I had my period a couple of days ago...but, nooooooo, I am PMS. Congrats on not being the queen bee. You are now demoted to drone like the rest of us! or is it only males who are drones???
Old 01-01-2003, 09:36 AM   #12  

Believe me hon, right now I'd be HAPPY to be a drone (male)!

Wildfire, you lucky ducky. Is that menopause hitting you? The only thing is, when I eventually start skipping them I'm going to be TERRIFIED that I'm pregnant. And will have some sort of massive panic attack.
Old 01-01-2003, 11:15 AM   #13  
Hot Stuff

ellis, I hope it isn't menopause yet...I'm only 33! I skipped three months in a row. First month didn't concern me, as being on the pill for long, it happens probably a couple of times a year. Second month I got the "what ifs", but again, two months in a row has happened before. Third month I bought a preg test, but it was negative. I was in for my physical in November, and had a normal period two weeks before, which would have been four months if I'd skipped it. Doc said as long as I'm feeling fine, not to worry. She said it's probably just the hormones I'm taking might be a little strong now, as I'm getting older, and that's when she offered to switch me to another brand. I'd rather skip a month or two than have to switch and start worrying about getting pregnant! If they ever tell me I have to stop taking the pill, I'll be scheduling a tubal, because I DO NOT want any more ankle biters. Living with a 15 year old with an attitude definitely reinforces that every day!

Also, being on the pill forces you to go for yearly physicals, 'cause they won't renew your prescription unless you go in! It's right up there with root canals on the fun meter for me, but at least I HAVE to go, otherwise I know I'd find all kinds of excuses not to! And that's not a good thing.
Old 01-01-2003, 11:25 AM   #14  

Oh Wildfire... pardon me... I can't keep track of all these ages. I'm so embarrassed. Forgive me... down on my hands and knees...
I'm 37, and starting to experience symptoms...

I had a tubal when I had my second c-section. My doctor said, "Why don't you wait until later in case (god forbid) something happens to the baby?" HUH! What a joker!! Screw that!! Not only that, but I made my husband have a vasectomy. If I DO get pregnant, it'll be an act of God.
Old 01-01-2003, 12:01 PM   #15  
Hot Stuff

No problem, ellis! It was a logical assumption!
Closed Thread