Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 12:50 PM   #1  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Default #176 - New Year, New You

Okay, ladies, I hope I didn't step on any toes by starting a new thread!

New Year, New You - It's a mantra most of us have said every year of our adult lives. After awhile, it gets to be a scary resolution: "What if I can't do it?" "What if another year passes and I'm still fat?" "What if I fail again?" Be truthful - how many of us are terrified of making that New Year's resolution for those very same reasons? I know I was - that's why I started early!

I started Body for Life today...so far, so good. I worked out for the first time in months. I'm drinking water for the first time in months. My first meal of the day was a healthy one. We talk about taking it day-by-day; I'm taking it hour-by-hour. I can do this. I have to do this. So can we all ~ so do we all.
Old 12-30-2002, 02:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

Talking resolution time

i like that saying, "New Year, New You." i hope to be feeling like a new me this year!

people always make resolutions and never stick to them. so mine are GOALS. i am going to shoot for them. david and i made 3 each. here are mine:

1. stay focused to pass all my classes and graduate by summer.

2. make my goal weight by the end of the year (i BETTER, since at a healthy losing rate, i could make it by summer!!)

3. get current on my scrapbooking projects.

his are to learn tai kwan do, write his own computer game, and get a job (when he graduates). bah. way easier.

good luck on all your resou..NO... goals this year!!!
Old 12-30-2002, 03:33 PM   #3  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Man, this year is scary! I'm starting school with 3 classes this semester, which means with my full-time job, I'm home very little. I'm still giving it a go though!

The thing with goals and resolutions is that you have to have a PLAN OF ACTION. Not just what you want to change but how you're going to change it.

I have a lot of plans, so here's JUST my weight management goals:

1) Stick with the AM walk/run for one hour with the puppy. Plan: Get up at 5:30am every weekday.

2) Become flexible. I have a yoga tape to start with and I plan on doing it on fridays after I come home from work.

3) Become stronger. I have a arms tape to start with and I plan on doing it Tuesdays and Thursdays before my evening class but after work.

4) Keep my weigh goals in the present and in mind. Plan: Spend Sundays reviewing my week and planning for the next.

So, there are my goals. As scary as they are on in print!
Old 12-30-2002, 06:04 PM   #4  
Catwoman

Well 2002 was a good year for me, a new baby and although my weight soared to new heights I am ending the year 25 pounds lighter. That took 6 months to do but I know I have made a lifestlye change and this is not a diet but a way of life, one which I hope and plan to keep for years to come. Next year I plan to get to goal, will take the whole year to get there but I'm determined to keep up my new habbits.
May you all have a safe and happy new year and remember you can achieve your dreams, go for it!
Old 12-30-2002, 07:09 PM   #5  

"New Year, New You" -- I like it! I am positively determined to be a new me in 2003; body, mind, & soul.

My goals are (in no particular order)...

1. To reach my goal weight by January 2004. I have 50 pounds left to lose, give or take a pound. I have a feeling this will be the hard part (not that the first 90+ pounds were easy by any means!) I will achieve this goal by:
~Eating OP every day. In the past, I have planned "off" days or "free meals." Occassions may arise where I will go off plan for a day, but I'm not planning for it. It's more of a mental thing for me.
~Drinking 100oz. of water every day.
~Exercising at least 5 days per week (cardio).
~Strength training at least 4 days per week.

2. To graduate with my BS in June 2003. I'm on track to do this, but I need to keep my nose in the books to keep my grades up there. I am working to graduate with at least a 3.75 GPA.

3. Get accepted to a Master's program to earn my MBA. My goal is to start January 2004 (I'm applying after the first of the year, so wish me luck!).

4. Continue to support my husband, work on our relationship together, & on myself individually.

5. Pick back up obedience training with our puppy (I've really slacked off the past couple of months )

I'm looking foward to the new year, a new start. I really feel like the best is yet to come. I'm sure it will be hard at times, but anything worthwhile usually is. My goal is to keep focused on the things I want and work to get them.
Old 12-30-2002, 08:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Great topic. One of my goals is to live the motto "Never trade what you want at the moment for what you want most." Those are words to live by!

1. I'd like to reach my goal weight, whatever that might be, by the end of 2003.

2. Start volunteering some place as yet to be determined.

3. Do my neck exercises every day and add the weight training requirements.

4. Work diligently on my health issues so that I can try to get back to work.

5. Go to WW meetings even when I know I have gained.
Old 12-30-2002, 09:55 PM   #7  

I'll be starting the New Year 30 lbs thinner than 2002 - well, I will if I cut out the mini binges I've had the last few days - I did well up until Christmas but not the last couple of days.

If I can be 30 lbs thinner (and hopefully more than that) by next New Year's, it will be great. I've also had much more water and exercised much more in the year as a whole.

Basically, I just want to keep on making more healthy choices and putting the old bod into better shape. Those "healthy choices" include choices for good health in mental and emotional as well as physical matters. I want to build on good relationships and make them better. I want to continue to "grow" my mind. I want to expand my horizons and be all I can be in 2003.

And I wish you all the best in achieving your goals for the New Year and thank you again for the inspiration and motivation you've given me in 2002.

Last edited by anagram; 12-30-2002 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-30-2002, 11:45 PM   #8  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

I stopped making New Years resolutions a few years ago, when I realised that mine were always the same. The top two: to lose weight and stop smoking.

I quit smoking 3.5 months ago (yay! lol), and I am over halfway to my goal weight.

My goals are to:

1. continue exercising to bring my weight down, but to be healthier also with my eating habits
2. to find something positive in every situation, no matter how bad it is
3. to apply to get into University so I can get my degree in Nursing
Old 12-31-2002, 02:56 AM   #9  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

My goals are simple, really:

1) To become debt-free

2) To drop at least 4 dress sizes, if not 5

3) Not to be late to work anymore.

Good luck to everyone!! We CAN do this!!!
Old 12-31-2002, 09:38 AM   #10  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I am just very happy that I made the year and didn't quit! That is a first for me. Sure I could have lost more - but I am thrilled that I didn't quit like so many many times before.
I've ended the year 25 lbs lighter. If the same was to happen in 2003 I would be just as thrilled!!!!
Old 12-31-2002, 11:10 AM   #11  

GREAT thread!

I've had alot of ups and downs in my life within the last year. And I weigh a bit more than I did last New Years. I put my mental & physical needs on the back burner and just basically been going through the motions of life.

I am ending 2002 and starting 2003 with a whole new outlook. I will come FIRST once again. I will never be happy at this weight. I will never be happy not being strong and fit and healthy.

I want to be happy. AND I will be in 2003.

My ultimate goal is to wear a size 10 by 2004. No more weight goals. I am throwing out the scale. I am going to start working out daily, eating right and drinking my water. Doesn't take much more than that.

Size 18-20 jeans December 31st, 2002
to
Size 10 jeans Decemeber 31st, 2003

I CAN and WILL do it

Wishing you all the courage and determination along your journey. We can do this.

Old 12-31-2002, 01:55 PM   #12  
JML
Success Story!!!

My goal for 2003 is to keep doing what I'm already doing weight wise, and to do my best to try to recover from the hand and back troubles I've been having. Any other goals must wait till I'm in better shape. I think the reason I lost 2 pounds this week despite my eating cookies is because my physical therapist has me doing so many exercises, and I've been making myself walk. Weak muscles only make things worse.

I'm having fun with the weight loss though. I took in a skirt that I like today. I moved 11 buttons. I'm glad my hands were in good enough shape to do it! I've decided to try to get contact lenses too. I want to post a new picture, but I'll wait till I get my lenses. My face is now noticeably thinner than in my avatar picture.
Old 01-01-2003, 01:31 PM   #13  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

hmmmmm. 2003. Well I am thrilled to say that I did not top 300 in my weight gain. 297.5. Almost, but I didn't. I lost and gained in 2002 and am starting the year off 13.5 lbs heavier than last year. Somewhere I just quit trying. I did keep one promise to myself and that was to continue to post at 3FC no matter if I was losing or not. It was hard. There were times where I felt like a joke because I was gaining. But I stayed, because I know without you guys, I would have gained it all back.

I am only going to weigh myself the 1st of every month. I need to work on action and not numbers. My plan is simple. 1600 - 1800 calories. Weight lifting every day and cardio 4 times a week. Oh, and 64 oz. of water per day.

Instead of being all pumped up, I am rather scared. I have failed sooo much in the past. I don't think I could handle another failure. My only hope is that the new year will bring some new life to this tired mentality of mine. I am hoping that your motivation will bring some to me.

Here's to success in 2003!!!!
Old 01-01-2003, 04:35 PM   #14  
wsw

Hi everyone!

I wish all of you the best in 2003! My goals for this year include continuing to lose weight and not giving up, no matter how slowly I may be losing; continuing with my physical therapy exercises as much as absolutely possible; being more patient and gentle with myself (as I would with a friend) and the changes which have occurred in my life due to MS and spinal cord damage; and check out options for where I can be the most useful as a volunteer. These are some of my goals which come to mind at the moment, anyway. Again, I wish you all a happy and healthy New Year! Take care.

wsw
Old 01-01-2003, 07:02 PM   #15  
Old Cackler

Default great thread!

EVEN if it is a bit scary in some respects.

2002 was a year of tremendous change, improvement, and hope. i dropped from about 420 on january 1 2002 to about 250 on december 31 2002. and that from a high of 506 in september 2001.

i went from being able to walk 50 feet to walking 2 miles, swimming a half mile, and weight training.

so, i have a lot to be grateful for already, but there's more work to do.

like the last 70 pounds. everyone is saying that i'll do it by the end of 2003, but I WANT THEM GONE!!!!!

so, starting tomorrow [because i've already messed up this list for today!!!!]

protein: 80 grams a day
water: at least 70 oz a day
exercise: at least a 1 mile walk or 30 minutes stationary bike or 1/2 mile swimming every day, plus weights 3-4 times a week
personal trainer: at least twice a week for a little while, then weekly thereafter, because i need the help.

carbs: LIMITED to a couple of crackers/melba toast, vegs, occasional tablespoon servings of rice, whole grain bread, and a taste of dessert not more than once a week

and since i've already had three chocolate chip cookies today... i've blown this, but i'm not beating myself up.

non-food goals:

new job! because this one is making me sick, in so very many ways

sell house

get rid of debt and save more $$$

look into grad school

there. that should keep me busy, don't you think????

and notice i didn't say anything about finding a nice man. my friends and family tell me that THEY'RE doing the screening. i can hardly wait..

hope everyone has a fabulous year.. and all your dreams come true
Closed Thread