Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 01:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Talking December Chat..(Last monthly chat of the year)

Hey its already dec. and it will be gone before we know it!! So did you all make this year count? Is there anything you wanted to accomplish this year? you still have 30.5 days left to do it!!

vermont I was going to copy and paste your post but the settings on my puter are messed up since he just crashed it so I couldnt...sorry..

well extremely busy with youth fundraisers, money counts, paper work, BL video, gotta go to bank, gotta go to post office, need to send letters, laundry, boys school, lunch, finish the christmas lights outside, some other church work....feeling my head spinning rather quickly!!

catch you all lata
Old 12-01-2009, 03:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

Height: 5'8"

Mom - you're posts make me exhausted just reading them! I'm not sure how you do it!

As for my 30.5 days left -
I want to end the year at 197. [That's about 7lbs away.]
I want to clean up my finished story so I can give it to people to read.
I need to finish out the semester, and get ready to student teach!

For 2010 -
I want to hit 145 by December 2010
I want to tone up (start lifting)
I want to get up the guts to try to have something published
I want to get up the guts to try to sell my art work

Anyone else work out what their 2010 goals are yet?
Old 12-01-2009, 04:29 PM   #3  

mar-my post make me exhausted...LOL I think I have only accomplished 3/4s of whats listed. that is awesome you are only 7 lbs from your goal...you can do it!! So you should be able to finish your goals before the end of the year!!! Thats awesome...go mar go mar go mar...

Right now its after 4 and I am just now getting to eat. had a piece of toast for breakfast and eating noodles while i get supper started makes sense to me...ahhh...Feel accomplished because I hate paper work and I have got ALOT of it done today still have some more stuff to do. ok stop back lata!!
Old 12-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #4  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning everyone, I was also tired from reading what momof4 was planning to do!

and congrats to you guys for having those great goals! I am such a 'living in the moment' dull person, it's hard for me to think ahead at how things could be different (better!)

I would like to be under 150 again but I just dont' apply the discipline to eating well, I exercise just about every day but that can only burn up so much.

well I have off today and I'm glad Yesterday was long, I did my regular job and then after I got home, then went to someone's house that wanted me to show her two teenage girls basic cake decorating. The girls were kinda shy so I had to kinda make them pick up the pastry bag and try things. It was only an hour, but I hope they were encouraged to practice on their own.

A friend is taking me to lunch today for my b-day I should just ignore the age numbers because I do NOT feel like I am 49

I remember this time last year I was definitely in a terrible frame of mind, I am so glad I am not that way (at least for today, lol)

Hi to everyone else
Old 12-02-2009, 01:15 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!

Happy Birthday Vermontmom!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Not much going on here. Still fighting a good fight with those silly colds and flu. I'm really looking forward to the school break so maybe we can get a break from some of those little germs! I can always hope.

Take care everyone and have a great day!
K
Old 12-02-2009, 01:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

Height: 5'8"

VT Mom - You don't look like you're 49 either!! Hope you have a GREAT day!

Bud - I hope you feel better soon!

Mom - doing any portion of those lists you make is a lot! thanks for the cheering. I'm going to need it with all of these holiday parties coming up!

Everyone
Old 12-02-2009, 02:44 PM   #7  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Happy Birthday Vermontmom!!

Old 12-02-2009, 11:09 PM   #8  
Starting Again

I woke up today with a sore throat. I was supposed to get up and write a paper, instead I slept most of the day. I hope this goes away over night instead of getting worse. I refuse to be sick, I just don't have time. I have to get a paper written and study for a final in the next two weeks. I don't want to use any of my personal time at work since we don't get that much.

I did go to pool tonight. I played well but I lost. I don't mind as long as play ok.

Mom, there are so many things I wanted to accomplish this year. In the spirit of not depressing myself I won't begin to list them. I did however start school to try to get a better career so I will just focus on that.

Last edited by hope4me; 12-02-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:08 AM   #9  

Vermont-HAPPY BIRTHDAY..you dont look that old!!

mar-sometimes us as woman tend to focus on the neg instead of the positive and i think that holds us back...we look at it like we have 7lbs ill probably not lose it in this amount of time so why bother trying...atleast that is what i do...i shoot myself in the foot before i even start...LOL...but when other people look at it they are like are you kidding me your so close you can reach that goal...so i just thought maybe I would be that outside person cause really 7 lbs is soo close if you keep working for it you will make it!! even if you try your best then you will still be closer to the 7 and feel better about yourself...UNLIKE mwuah who is the why bother trying its so far away...lol...

hope- I got an idea...make a big list maybe for next year. Then take only 2 items off it and put the list away. focus only on those two things. 1. you wont feel overwhelmed and youll still be working towards a goal 2. it will help keep you focused. Even pick the easier goals and so you can cross more off your list and it looks like youve done a lot and then in your mind your encouraged...weird..i dont know..but atleast you achieved a HUGE goal this year...school...I want to do school and thats a goal of mine but I know its not a goal i can fulfill right now!!

well buddly i musta caught the flu from you..cyber flu...haha

no I have all 4 of my children puking some with diarhea and some with fever. I went to bed at 2:30am and 2 year old woke me up coughing at 4:30 here she puked all over the floor and was just laying accross the bed. An hour later the 3 year old started throwing up then bout 1 and half later the 5 and 6 year old started throwing up. we had piles of blankets covered in puke..finally got them all washed up. Took them all to the dr and she said its the stomach flu. now the 2 yr old has diarehea. 3 yr old is doing better. I was majorly puked ALL over and then just little bits thru out the day..had a bath or two..LOL...thank the LORD my husband was off today cause 4 kids running for a bucket yelling for us was not something i could have handled myself...he is hoping we dont get it by tomorrow...ME TOO! well gonna try and rest lil ones been sleeping for a while so she will probably be waking up soon...my 6 year old is watching movies since he slept most of the day cause he was sick...LOL....everyone else is sleepin..

ok well have a good night!!sure it will be better than mine!! OH I BOUGHT A BIG CAN OF LYSOL TOO!!
Old 12-03-2009, 08:15 AM   #10  
Biker Chick!

good morning and OH MY GOSH momof4, I am so sorry all your children are sick at once!!! what a job for you and husband. And i sure hope you two don't get sick also!

thank you for the nice b-day wishes

hope4me, I hope your sore throat goes away pronto. And starting school when you already work is huge!!

buddly, hope you're winning the battle against the colds and flu germs also.

Hi marbear and hi to everyone else.

It is pouring rain here. I do have today off, and this is one of those classic times that I could just go back to bed because I am not particularly feeling down, but I am not particularly inspired to do anything either. How do I make myself actually do something useful? there are tons of projects around here to do, mostly matters of going through junk and throwing out.

oh here is my surprise gift I got from DH that I was wanting but had no idea he ordered it for me. It's a fleece jacket that looks like a motorcycle jacket, I love it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1455_7939_001-1.jpg (18.2 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by VermontMom; 12-03-2009 at 08:23 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:51 AM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Sweet Ladies

Happy Birthday Holly hope it was wonderful Beautiful jacket.

Mom hang in there.. sick kids

Hope & Buddly feel better chickies

Marbear looks like you have a good plan in place

Sorry I can't stay and play... winding down for the week and next week is my last week here at work until January.. busy busy.

Have a great Friday chickies... smile

Leenie

Last edited by Leenie; 12-06-2009 at 07:31 AM. Reason: cant spell
Old 12-04-2009, 09:49 AM   #12  
Biker Chick!

a quick good morning thank you Leenie it WAS a nice b-day!

I got to ride my motorcycle for an hour yesterday, that is a record for me, i have NEVER ridden it in December before it was a wonderful ending to a day that started out dangerously blah!

hope everyone has a good and happy day
Old 12-05-2009, 09:35 PM   #13  
Starting Again

Uhm, hello?

Leenie, how'd you manage all that time off in December? I'm impressed.

I had class today, only 2 left. Yay. We also played pool today instead of playing on an upcoming wednesday closer to Xmas. Time is really flying. It actually snowed here a little today. Nothing stuck but it was nice to watch.

Tonight I'm just working on some homework. Sounds like an exciting saturday night, huh?
Old 12-06-2009, 07:45 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Glad we didn't get a lot of snow yesterday, although the kids are pretty po'd LOL.

Hope, I don't really go on "vacation." My first vacation in 20 plus years was last year LOL. Plus I save my time in case my DD gets sick, so if I have extra time at the end of the year its a bonus Sounds like school is going good for you.

Holly, keep warm on your bike burrrrr. I've seen so many people on their bikes this past week... it reminds me of the scene in Dumb and Dumber when they get off their moped after driving in the freezing cold and the snot that was running from their nose is frozen on their face like a mustache ... hope that doesn't happen to you

I'm going to jump in the shower and get ready for Church. I feel like crap and really don't want to go but I have to. TOM finally arrived after not being here for 4 months. Its hitting with a vengeance LOL.

Oh well.. you all have a wonderful day and stay warm.

Leenie

Last edited by Leenie; 12-06-2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:34 AM   #15  
Biker Chick!

good morning, I guess. I'm ready to whine and vent and hopefully get it over with. Our older son (who just moved out in spring) has been told he has to get out of his apartment, the building is being sold. So he's moving back home for now. I don't mind having him here at all, he's a big help in in winter with shoveling and snowblowing, and our dog loves having him here...but we had already filled his room with the assorted junk and now it just all over. I have been living with for years, the clutter that comes with living in a tiny house with no closets and with someone (DH) who accumulates crap and doesn't take care of it...it takes me alot of effort and time to try to make even one room okay for me to sit in, without seeing crap..and now I've lost that. There is not one place for me to just sit and enjoy what I see. Oh maybe the bathroom.
Closed Thread