South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 07:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Auld Lang Syne Thursday

It's snowing here on this last day of 2009, and I'm thankful that I don't have to be outside driving in it. I can just sit back and enjoy my coffee and watch it pile up.

I don't have much of anything on my agenda for the day, but I may take down the trees and decorations and get my house back to normal if Jake will help. He's fighting a head cold, though, and being a big baby about it. He had promised to take Amber out shopping this morning, but I think we'll probably do that tomorrow instead.

This evening we'll have our traditional cheese fondue and finger foods, and Dustin, Andrea and the grandkids may come over, depending on the weather. I expect we'll all be in bed well before midnight, though!
Old 12-31-2009, 07:45 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Happy New Year SB Chickies

Love, Leenie

Last edited by Leenie; 12-31-2009 at 07:45 AM.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:46 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and farewell to 2009. I was just out lugging the trash and discovered it's not as bitter cold as it has been. We are getting snow for the next five days, Cottage. Too bad we can't snuggle in with tea together. I even have a Nora Roberts!

My agenda includes printing the Church bulletin, some laundry and not much else. I may go to the bank to deposit some cheques that have been sitting here since November but that will depend on how perky I feel. My cold is slowly fading away but I'm still being gentle with myself.

So...on we go into a new year and a new decade. Happy New Year to all my darling Beach Buddies.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:52 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage Not much going on weather-wise here right now. I hope it stays that way at least until Julie is safely home from work.
Sounds like a relaxing day and pleasant evening plan. Real cheese is my New Year's Eve treat too. I've got a piece of a nice, strong blue lined up for tonight

Hi Ruth - We've got that snow coming here too, though I'm not sure how much. Today sounds like a good day for a hot soak, maybe with a book and a glass of wine

Leenie. I don't know you but I've heard about you

I'm WFH today then off the next three days. Needless to say the To Do list is impressive Tonight is a quiet at home night for us. We went out last year and remembered how much we hate going out - too loud, too crowded, bad food and scary drivers. I suspect we will not even make it to midnight. We are going to watch It's a Wonderful Life because we were away Christmas Eve and missed that.

I'm working on my Goals for the year. Number one is getting back to completely healthy eating. I never noticed how much food impacted me before but now every shift makes a difference. Not only have I put a few pounds on my skin is dry and rashy and my energy level stinks. I'm detoxing for two weeks, more of a Phase 2 but all whole foods approach. I'm also eliminating dairy, gluten and soy for those two weeks. I know it's not Beachy but I want to find out what's been causing me so much trouble.

Now it's time to get moving on today's list. How is your day shaping up?
Old 12-31-2009, 08:16 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Wow last day of 2009, it was an interesting year to say the least.

Cottage enjoy your quiet day today.

Leenie I as well don't know you but hello

Ruth glad to hear its not as cold as you thought it was outside

Cyndi- my goal for 2010 is also to get back to healthy eating lifestyle all the time, I have noticed as well that I am bloated and my skin is dry from eating unhealthy.

We got back from Texas on Monday night but my eating as been so bad that I didn't not want to come and post here. But I have restocked and am ready to go tomorrow for the new year. Didn't quite get the family reunion as DH brothers family never made it to MIL house oh well I tried that is all you can do. We still had a good quiet time together and I did get plenty of rest.

Hope your last day of 2009 is wonderful. See you in 2010
Old 12-31-2009, 08:17 AM   #6  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning chickies...just stopping in to see how everyone has been. i haven't been around in some time but wanted to see how everyone else is doing....and happy new year to all
Old 12-31-2009, 08:35 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us going, Cottage. I sure wasn't up! I'm sure the cappucino is flowing freely at your house. I'm enjoying my first cup after taking the doggies out. I hope you enjoy your day at home, and I hope Jake isn't too sick. Your traditional evening sounds fun.

Leenie, Thanks for the kind wishes! Happy New Year to you, too.

Mornin' Ruth. I'm glad you have a wee bit of time to go easy on yourself. Enjoy your day and I hope you get to snuggle in with tea and a book-and of course, the pups.

Hi Cyndi, thanks for reminding me how un-fun going out is. The pool stays open till 1AM and it seems we've been talking about it....sounds good but the reality is too cold, too many people, and too late. I hope you get lots accomplished and have a great evening with DW.

Pearlrose, I've missed your presence here. Glad to see you back. It sounds like you had a great trip but I'll bet it will be nice to get back into the groove.

Hi Me4life, thanks for stopping by.

Me, just a routine day. Pool at 9 then home to putz around. I may get the paper to peruse events-Aspen always does a big bonfire with live music and we could take the bus...it would be fun....knowing us, we'll just stay home.

Have a great last day of 2009 everyone! to a new decade!
Old 12-31-2009, 08:38 AM   #8  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all!!!!

Nasty rainy day here for the last day of 2009. From what I heard on the news, we've had more rain here this year since the last record in 1870! That's saying a lot of rain even for Louisiana!

Spent all day yesterday with bucket of Mrs. Meyer's cleaner and rags scrubbing the house...took my kitchen completely apart and now it is sparkling. Got all the baseboards scrubbed too. My baseboards have about a 3/4 inch "lip" on them and are real dust catchers. Today I just have to do some last minute dusting and floor scrubbing. Need to defrost the gumbo and ice a coconut cake and I'm in business for the party tonight. Got my table all set and even ironed/folded napkins into fleur de lis. Looks pretty.

The guy from Lowe's called yesterday to let us know our stove is in. They were trying to coordinate with the installers. They get off 1/2 day today..that's good because if they can't do it by noon today, I'd rather they would come another day and not mess up my house. I would LOVE to have it today though. It would be easier to use the new oven than my little toaster oven to do hors d'oeuvres.

Hoping everyone enjoys their day and festivities tonight. My husband and I were talking about New Year's Eves past last night and decided that our favorite one was right after he had had gall bladder surgury. We sat in bed and did crossword puzzles, watched tv and had a blast laughing. Strange way to ring in the New Year, but it really was the best.

Lex, when I was in high school we went to Aspen one year for New Years. I decided then I wasn't much of a skier, that my idea of snow fun was the fondue, hot pretzels and hot chocolate by the fire! But we did get to do something fun. My Dad's friend knew Hugh Hefner and we got invited to a party that he had in Aspen. Pretty cool going back to school and telling the other kids I went to Hugh Hefner's New years Eve party.Wasn't as wild as one would think.

Last edited by femmecreole; 12-31-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy New Year's Eve! I told Auston that this morning. He said, "Is it baby Jesus' birthday again?"

We'll go to my BIL/SIL's new home for a party tonight. No doubt we'll be home before 9:00. Back in my young/single/hot days, I was quite a partier on NYE. Now, not so much...

I hope all my Chickie friends have a safe NYE.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:01 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Hi Cat, your day sounds great! I'm excited that you're finally getting your stove, but hear you on not making a new mess. Thanks for sharing your NYE stories-sometimes the simplest are the best! Aspen definitely has some unique parties....though I've never been invited! We have unusual celebrity spottings though. My fav was when the cops responded reports of a wierdo walking around WalMart with a ski mask and ski boots. They got the license plate and when the cops pulled him over it was Michael Jackson.

Chelby, Auston says the cutest things! Enjoy your evening-I'm with you, I haven't rung the NY in for years...my beauty rest is more important!
Old 12-31-2009, 10:02 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! I need to get to work on getting the house ready for tonight, but I had to stop in and "see" everyone first!

Cottage: I'm glad you're "stuck" inside today. Enjoy watching the snow and I hope the big baby feels better soon! (If all else fails, you can just send him to bed and have the house to yourself for the day!)

Happy New Year's, Leenie!

Ruth: I'm glad your cold is fading away and I'm even more glad that you're being gentle with yourself. I always seem to relapse when I try to do too much too soon. I hope you have a wonderful day and a Happy New Year!

Cyndi: You and Julie enjoy your quiet night at home!! We've done that the past few years and have really loved it! I'm with you on getting clean and healthy again. I've got to get it together!!

Pearl: I'm glad you had a good time here in Texas! I'm sorry the family wasn't all able to be together, but I'm glad you had a good time nonetheless!

, me4life! Happy New Year!!

Debbie: I hope that, whatever you decide to do, you have a wonderful time of it!!

Cat: Want to come scrub my kitchen? I think that may be on the agenda for me next weekend! You are such an entertaining pro! You always have it together for your events. Maybe I should take a cue from you the next time we have a get-together here and set the buffet dishes early.

Chelby: Auston's such a cutie--I love reading the things that he says! Even in my young/single/hot days, I wasn't much of a NYE partier. My bed has always been the best way for me to ring in the new year!

Well, I have a lot on the agenda today, but I think it will all come together fine. Jason's mom and her boyfriend are coming in to spend the weekend with us, but they aren't leaving until she gets off of work at noon, so I don't think they'll be here until after 8 pm. Since that's the case, I decided I'd make some light party bites for the evening. We'll eat that with a big salad and they can eat as much or as little as they want when they get here.

I'm enjoying what will be my last cup of coffee for a while. I really need to get my caffeine intake as low as possible to keep these fibroids at bay. I'm also getting back to basics with my eating and exercise. I'll basically be following P2 starting tomorrow. My goal is to make 2010 my year. We've committed to sacrificing more fiscally in 2010 and get as much as we can paid off, so I've decided to follow suit with my health. I imagine one year of good, hard work will be enough to get me healthy and reconstruct my body chemistry. DH is on board and we've had so many "meetings" about money and health lately that we're tired of talking about it, but it has been great to get the year laid out and be prepared for what's ahead.

Okay, I said I'd get off the computer and get going at 9:00 and it's 9:01! I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful night!!
Old 12-31-2009, 10:12 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Happy New Year Everyone!
Old 12-31-2009, 10:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Kim, You will be so thankful later to have things paid off. Before I got pregnant, we pounded house payments for three years and got it paid off. I was able to stay home with Auston till he went to school. It was such a blessing! There is nothing like being debt free. And your 'meetings' will be much easier.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:28 AM   #14  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Happy New Years to my favorite Chicks, I hope you all have a wonderful night. We are going out to a friends for a party, I will post pics to facebook tomorrow, I know I will not be OP. I don't plan on eating much but do plan on drinking. Now that my girls are growing up I can party like a ROCKSTAR again.

May all your New Years dreams come true. Love LC
Old 12-31-2009, 01:19 PM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all. Well, afternoon!

Happy last day of 2009. Thank the diety/dieties! 2008 and 2009 sucked. But I have a feeling 2010 is my year.

I am feeling really sluggish today. Yay for day 3.

I might go nap. It's a good, gray day for it. Safe tracels to all in bad weather tonight. I am having a stay in night, not even any champagne (my fav) for me.

Last edited by jenne1017; 12-31-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Closed Thread