Old 12-27-2009, 09:21 PM   #1  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up CRACK/CONQUER THE FAT LOSS CODE: December 28, 2009

to

"Crack the Fat Loss Code" and
"Conquer the Fat Loss Code"

Support and Information Weekly Thread
December 28, 2009

This thread is for 3FC Members to come a share how they are doing on Wendy Chant's two programs. Each Thread will start on a Monday and last for just one week.

Crack the Fat Loss Code is Wendy Chant's FIRST book - I recommend that you START with that book first. It will cover the basics of her program to a "T".

Then when you have gone through it, if you want you can get the second book - Conquer the Fat Loss Code. It doesn't cover the basics as well as her first book, this is why I recommend "Crack" first!

Here is some brief information about the "Crack" program from Wendy Chant -

Quote:
Cycle 1: Carb-Deplete Cycle - Week 1[/b]
Deplete is a serious word for serious business, but that's exactly what you're going to be doing in the first week of your program. I call it your seven-day diet. And that's the only time I use the word diet to refer to my program, and I use it in the strictest sense of the term.

Cycle 2: Macro-Patterning Cycle - Weeks 2-4 [/b]
After the first week of your program, you will begin your Macro-Patterning Cycle. This is where you begin to pattern the body for fat loss and slow its adaptive response. This cycle includes three kinds of days:
Baseline days
Carb-down days
Carb-up days (Food Passes)

Cycle 3: Accelerated Fat-Loss Cycle - Weeks 5-6[/b]
Although I rely largely on manipulating carbohydrates to help you teach the body how to use excess fat stores as energy, this is not a high- or low-carb diet. (Actually it is not a diet at all.) This is about fat loss. So for our third cycle, we want to pick up the pace a little and engage in the Accelerated Fat-Loss Cycle. Don't worry if it seem familiar; these are basically the same types of days found in Macro-Patterning Cycle, with changes in how they are cycled to provide an increase in the usage of fat stores.

Cycle 4: Maintenance Cycle Weeks 7-8[/b]
You can't be on a continuous diet. Living ForeverFit is a long term lifestyle, and living on a lifelong diet is not the answer to enjoying life and living well. During the first three cycles, you've been sprinting - running to catch up and teach your body about using fat for energy. But you can't sprint forever.

The fourth cycle, the Maintenance Cycle, is also used for vactions and to aid in setting a new weight set point for the body to learn to maintain. This is the time that the body resets itself back to a higher nutrient profile in favor of carbohydrates and fats. During the Maintenance Cycle, you will learn how to live forever fit. The beauty of the Maintenance Cycle is that it can last forever.

We add two days to the Maintenance Cycle:
Cheat Day
High-Carb Day
If you would like to go back and read previous weeks of our thread, you can check them out below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb...21-2009-a.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb...14-2009-a.html

Once again - Welcome to the Group!
Feel free to jump right in and join us!

Last edited by PrairieChick; 12-27-2009 at 09:31 PM. Reason: add a previous thread to history
Old 12-28-2009, 12:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/182/150

Height: 5'7

Good afternoon all! I'm ready for the new year there's always something good about the new year because it serves as a fresh start.

The eating was good yesterday. I'm off vacation (was off last week) so I'm glad to get back to some structured eating. I usually eat @ 7:15, 10:15, 1:15, 4:15, 6:30, and a snack around 8. So far the times are working for me. Workout was good today. Did a full body routine plus 16 minutes of a walk run. My heart was a pumping. My batteries wore out on my polar so I'm dying to get it replaced. I feel kind of lost without it.

Here's to a strong week all!
Old 12-29-2009, 11:06 AM   #3  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up WooHoo! NEW Year - NEW You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellielou View Post
Good afternoon all! I'm ready for the new year there's always something good about the new year because it serves as a fresh start.

The eating was good yesterday. I'm off vacation (was off last week) so I'm glad to get back to some structured eating. I usually eat @ 7:15, 10:15, 1:15, 4:15, 6:30, and a snack around 8. So far the times are working for me. Workout was good today. Did a full body routine plus 16 minutes of a walk run. My heart was a pumping. My batteries wore out on my polar so I'm dying to get it replaced. I feel kind of lost without it.

Here's to a strong week all!
I'm ready TOO KellieLou!

Structure is so much better for creating a new way of life AND way of eating.

I've been thinking of getting a polar - but it would be just one more thing for me to keep up on with the computer and stuff. My goal this year is to "Simplify". I'm going to try and get as much stuff off my computer back onto paper - so I can see it at all times. I think I'm in an information overload - and just need some simplicity!

Isn't it funny - how all these "gadgets" were created to make our lives easier, give us more time - but all it did was tie us down and take away our quiet times - one gadget I have in mind is my leash - my cell phone!

Have a GREAT day everyone!
I'm re-doing week 3 and getting back into gear - will continue on program right through the New Year's Day Celebration - no more off program days until this time next year!

I'm ready, willing and able - so I'm just gon'a get'r done!
Old 12-29-2009, 09:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/164/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi all you Crackin's,
I finally got over here to post.

Boy, it took me a couple days to get that sugar from the two pieces of fudge out of my system the 26th of December. I think there was a inside me saying, "sugar....you like it.....have more.....you know you want more....it tastes so good". It was hard not giving in when there was Pumpkin and Eggnog ice cream in the freezer. (my favorite)

But I managed to get through the day and I could tell that 27th and 28th weren't so bad. Haven't given any thoughts today to the sugar, so maybe it's out of the body.

I think I get the same way when I eat fruit. Seems I think about sweets more often after I eat a piece of fruit. When I was on LC woe, for the 5 years, just about the only fruit I ate was strawberries. Had them in my protein shakes. Sometimes at night dh and I would have a big bowl of fresh strawberries. Once in a while cantaloupe or honeydew. They are suppose to be the best for low sugar.

I really didn't miss not having the fruits. I ate way more veggies on the LC woe than I ever did eating my "normal" way all my life. Learned how to make cauliflower potato salad and when summer comes around looking forward to it again. I can have it on Wendy's plan. Yeah! Also the other thing I learned was cauliflower mashed potatoes. Had them for Thanksgiving more than once, and my father-in-law couldn't tell that they weren't real potatoes. Grand daughters still ask me to make them for dinners.

I lost 1 more pound yesterday. From here on out, I'm in virgin territory! :grin: I'm shooting for 4 pounds....don't know how long that will take, but that's the plan. Glad to have all these holiday meals out of the way! Need to get back to "simplicity".

Went to the pulmonary lab yesterday and had a breathing test. I can't seem to speed up my walking without getting winded. Give me a flight of steps and about the 5th step my heart feels it's ready to jump out of my chest. Can't seem to get the air down low enough. I have to stop and get my breath and then go on. Been doing this for about 8 years, so I'm taking steps to see WHY!! Did the 7 minute walking stress test last month, and found out my heart is A-OK. Started getting winded around 3 minutes, but managed to make it to the end with panting and puffin'. Nothing wrong with that part.....which is good news to me!

It sure makes it hard when I want to exercise and try to burn a few extra calories. I'd like to do 3 miles in 45 minutes. That's my goal...and I've made it in 55 minutes once, but when I got back home, I was beat. Red in the face, sweating, panting. Really didn't feel good for a while....but.....I did it. I always thought if I pushed myself, my breathing would improve. BUT yesterday the lady said I should walk at a normal speed on flat ground. She didn't think I should go to high altitudes to hike. And she didn't think I should speed it up!! She couldn't tell me much, she was just reading the numbers of how I did taking in the breaths and blowing out as fast as I could. I have a Dr appointment to discuss what seems to be the problem. Could be asthma, could have had Valley Fever when I was little. Had a bout of pleurisy (sp) years ago and the whooping cough every winter. I don't have a clue, but sure hope I find out what's going on soon. I love to go hiking when we take trips with the trailer.

Looking forward to the new year and starting week 6 next Monday. Looking forward to making new friends on this site and learning the program and a few new recipes as we move along. Hoping to get this program down pat and make good choices. Looking forward to wearing my shorts I got last year and wore for about 3 weeks. Can you tell I'm excited to get into the new year?? I'm ready for warm too!! I don't "do cold!" very well. Guess that's why God made me a California girl!

Hope everyone has a safe New Years Eve. Let's get this Crackin' going and get these pounds off!! And get on with Life!! We have things to do and places to go! I've said that forever.

I think it was a miracle finding the First magazine with Wendy's article in it, in October. I really do! I was feeling so bad about gaining so much around the middle an couldn't lose a single pound for over a year. The menopause thing was dragging me under. I'm down 14 pounds and can wear some of my pants again. I feel great and it feels good to being in control.

Thank you all for all the encouragement I get from this thread. Makes me more accountable. I'm not alone in this any longer. Thank you Kim for starting the thread on 3fc!! And for keeping it going!

KIM-Glad to hear you're getting over your cough. Try to stay warm up there in in the "deep freeze", ya hear?

Ok, gotta go fix dinner.

Everyone have a Wonderful New 2010!!

Oh gosh, I wrote a book! I guess ya have to call me Chatty Carol this time! Sorry!
Old 12-29-2009, 10:01 PM   #5  

Hey Carol....can you give me your recipe and tips on the cauliflower mashed potatoes? I have heard of doing that but never tried. I hope you find out why you are so winded...it could exercised-induced asthma....please keep us updated on what you find out!

14 pounds since October? wow! wtg! I have a lot of poundage to lose.....I have my meal plan ready to start on 01/04/10! Ive joined two other forums here to keep me accountable! I sure need it!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2009, 12:13 AM   #6  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up WooHoo Chatty! Glad you're here!

Carolis60 - Sure GLAD you don't have much to say! Just kidding - I love it when you share!

I'm with ya girl - I'm having a terrible time with the sugar 's - they just won't leave me alone. My weakness is popcorn, and my DD gave my DH a tin of popcorn. It doesn't even have to be good popcorn - just resemble popcorn and I CRAVE it!

I hope your sugar cravings are gone - I need help with mine still. Last week really took me for a loop!

I've been craving fruit - my NEW candy of choice. But won't have it unless the day on program calls for it, then it is even a BETTER treat when I have it. Thanks for the info on the cantaloupe and honeydew melons - I'll keep that in mind - love them too!

Yep - for sure, your next post, you will HAVE TO give us the recipe for the mashed cauliflower, OK?

Simplify (hmmmmmmmmm wonder where I got that sign) is my NEW motto for 2010! I'm with ya! Let's do it!

You take it easy until you find out more from the doctor's - OK? Promise you will, OK?

You are such an encouragement to me - I'm so glad you told me about Wendy's program - yep - lets GET'R DONE in 2010!

Awwww....Carol....you are making me blush now.....

LeslieLou - I'm with you, if we twist Carol's arm, she will HAVE TO give us that recipe, right????

I'm think'n it might be asthma too! Now that's two votes that I know of!

When you get started on 1/4 - we're here for ya! You CAN do it!
Old 12-30-2009, 12:13 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieLou View Post
Hey Carol....can you give me your recipe and tips on the cauliflower mashed potatoes? I have heard of doing that but never tried. I hope you find out why you are so winded...it could exercised-induced asthma....please keep us updated on what you find out!

14 pounds since October? wow! wtg! I have a lot of poundage to lose.....I have my meal plan ready to start on 01/04/10! Ive joined two other forums here to keep me accountable! I sure need it!!!!!!!!!
Hello LeslieLou, I'll get the recipe to you tomorrow for the fake potatoes.

I was hoping that when I breathed in the medicine abuteral (sp) it would make a difference, but the nurse said it didn't do much. Hmmmm? I'll keep you posted.

Still have a ways to go, and then learn how to maintain. That's my real goal, maintaining.

I had to give up one thread today. I really enjoy the ladies in all the threads, but I just don't have time to post everything 4 times. This is the most important one to me since the ladies on this thread are eating the same way. I might have to give up another one.

I've been spending to much fun time on the computer and not enough time in my painting room. I sell my wood items on line and really need to paint 4-6 hours a day to keep up my supply. I have a passion for Tole painting and cutting my things out in my wood shed my husband built me, out of an 8x10 garden shed.

I'm one of those gals that gets excited looking at new tools. My friend got me a Lowe's gift certificate for my birthday in March. I kept looking at yard art all this time, but couldn't find the right piece, and I didn't want to buy "supplies", so when my dh and I were over there a couple weeks ago, they had the cutest little drill on sale. It's perfect for a ladies hand and not heavy. I bought it! Now, I'll think of my friend every time I use it.

But posting does make me more accountable, that's for sure. I don't know if I would have made it this far without the help from Wendy's book or the forums. And once I get started, I don't know when to stop!! Chatty I am!!

I'm thankful for Kim starting this thread over here.

Have to go finish the dishes and drink another glass of water.

Carol
Old 12-30-2009, 12:21 AM   #8  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up Yep - too many GREAT threads on 3FC's!

Carolis60 - I had to give up a few of my threads today - I fully understand, just too many GREAT threads here on 3FC's. I had to look at it good and hard, and figured I needed to keep most my efforts right here on CRACK/CONQUER.

I don't think that the inhaler works that fast if you are having a chronic problem...best to leave the final results to the doctor, right???

I just love your work Carol, you are so talented!
Now MUSH!!! Back to painting!!!

A woman and her tools - "It's a Good Thing!"

You take care Carol - can't wait for your next "article"! Just kidding!
Old 12-30-2009, 12:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 242.2

Height: 5'5''

Wink

Hi everyone, I'm really excited to join this group. I bought the Conquer the Fat Loss Code about a month ago and read the book but now I'm going to read the Crack the Fat loss Code because I feel like I need to start from the beginning, but I really would like to start the program on Jan. 4th.

Congraulations to everyone who's had a weight loss.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:49 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieChick View Post
Carolis60 - Sure GLAD you don't have much to say! Just kidding - I love it when you share!

I'm with ya girl - I'm having a terrible time with the sugar 's - they just won't leave me alone. My weakness is popcorn, and my DD gave my DH a tin of popcorn. It doesn't even have to be good popcorn - just resemble popcorn and I CRAVE it!

I hear ya, Kim!! I could eat a large bag every day!! And usually did on WW. but now I eat the 100 cal. small one on my carb up day. JackieV thought that would be a good day for that. I've always liked, no, change that to.......loved popcorn. We use to take bags and bags to the drive in when I was little. Lots of butter on it too. Just sit back and start munching and watch the Disney movies. What fun that was. I like it a little burnt too.

I hope your sugar cravings are gone - I need help with mine still. Last week really took me for a loop!

I think the sugar is gone now. Dh and I learned when we were LCing, that when you have sugar or carbs, you WANT more carbs. My dh is very scientific and he said if he hadn't done the LC with me he would never understand the craving that he had after he ate carbs, and then try not to eat any for a day or two. When you eat carbs, your body wants more.

Yeah, strawberries, cantaloupe and honeydew have the least amount of sugar in them. I think we could have a half of cantaloupe, 1 cup of strawberries. Can't remember the amount for the honeydew. Bananas were full of sugar. But sometimes I threw one in our milk shakes.

I've been craving fruit - my NEW candy of choice. But won't have it unless the day on program calls for it, then it is even a BETTER treat when I have it. Thanks for the info on the cantaloupe and honeydew melons - I'll keep that in mind - love them too!

Yep - for sure, your next post, you will HAVE TO give us the recipe for the mashed cauliflower, OK?

Too funny! I love sharing!!
Been a while since I've made the potatoes. But very easy. Takes one head of cauliflower and some chicken stock, minced onion. Hmmmm...can't remember what else goes in it. I'll get the recipe tomorrow .

Simplify (hmmmmmmmmm wonder where I got that sign) is my NEW motto for 2010! I'm with ya! Let's do it!

You have that sign hanging where you can see it??? giggle, giggle I need to make me one. I want you to know that I've been very good not buying any more books, but I want one from Holman really really bad. She made the cutest ornament book, but CCraft wants more then the cost of the book for shipping! Yikes! So I won't let myself buy it till I need something else from them. Shame on them for not charging book rates.

You take it easy until you find out more from the doctor's - OK? Promise you will, OK?

I promise. I always thought pushing the limits was a good thing!!

I'm glad we both found Wendy's program! I was getting pretty down in the dumps with my "fluffy spare tire" larger than my chest! I think it's gone down, but will measure again at my 20 pound loss. I know my waist is smaller cause I can get my pants buttoned again.

I'm hoping it's just exercise asthma too! I guess if I have to slow the pace down when I do my walking....well.....so be it. At least I can walk. If I can't speed it up, then I'll live with that. I just want to get to the bottom of this. When we were at our family reunion up in Manchester, CA a few years back we went to the top of a light house. I don't remember how many steps that was, but it took me a while to get to the top. The sight was worth every step. Coming down.....I have no problem.

You are such an encouragement to me - I'm so glad you told me about Wendy's program - yep - lets GET'R DONE in 2010!

Awwww....Carol....you are making me blush now.....

LeslieLou - I'm with you, if we twist Carol's arm, she will HAVE TO give us that recipe, right????

I'm think'n it might be asthma too! Now that's two votes that I know of!

When you get started on 1/4 - we're here for ya! You CAN do it!

Ok, got to head over to the kitchen and grind the coffee for the morning. We need a little caffeine at 4:30 in the morning. tee-hee

Back atcha tomorrow,
Carol
Old 12-30-2009, 08:34 AM   #11  

mateogirl! welcome! we will be starting this the same day....VERY exciting!
Old 12-30-2009, 01:50 PM   #12  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateogirl View Post
Hi everyone, I'm really excited to join this group. I bought the Conquer the Fat Loss Code about a month ago and read the book but now I'm going to read the Crack the Fat loss Code because I feel like I need to start from the beginning, but I really would like to start the program on Jan. 4th.

Congraulations to everyone who's had a weight loss.

GREAT to have ya join us!

You have picked the PERFECT day to start!
Old 12-30-2009, 04:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 191/182/150

Height: 5'7

Welcome Carol, it sounds like you are doing terrific on the plan. You go girl.

Kim, I too have a severe addiction to popcorn. It's been a while since I had it. The local gas station sells buckets and you can buy one for $5 so this year I will be going without a bucket. I also enjoy/crave tortilla chips...you can put a beautiful cheesecake in front of me, and I will eat the tortilla chips/popcorn over it.

mateogirl, Welcome I started on the conquer since I already workout a lot so the plan is working for me. I'm 30 days in now and down at least 7lbs which is amazing for me because I'm a slow loser.

Things are going great my way. I was tickled pink this morning because at the YMCA that I work out at, I won their "bingo game" (you get a card and when they post the daily #'s you get a stamp.) I have no idea on what I won but it feels good knowing that I've only missed the gym 4x in the past month. Have a good plan for tomorrow and should be responsible Have a great new years and here's to more people joining us in the new year!!!
Old 12-30-2009, 09:24 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieChick View Post
Carolis60 - I had to give up a few of my threads today - I fully understand, just too many GREAT threads here on 3FC's. I had to look at it good and hard, and figured I needed to keep most my efforts right here on CRACK/CONQUER.

I don't think that the inhaler works that fast if you are having a chronic problem...best to leave the final results to the doctor, right???

I just love your work Carol, you are so talented!
Now MUSH!!! Back to painting!!!

A woman and her tools - "It's a Good Thing!"

You take care Carol - can't wait for your next "article"! Just kidding!
Hi Leslielou and Kim--I think I found the recipe book. I have a habit of writing in the margins of my recipes and if they were delicious, keeper, good, very good, so so, or don't make again. Also if it's for a special occasion or if we're having snow. Yes, once in a while we do get snow out here in the desert!

So the recipe is a Low Carb, but you can modify it to fit Wendy's program. Play with it to suit yourself. I said very good on 2/7/05, so I've used it a few times. The recipe book is from George Stella's Livin' Low Carb. If you've never read his story, it is very inspiring! He was 39 and weighed 467 pounds. I used to watch his cooking show (till they took him off) and he made cooking look like fun. Here is his home page: http://www.stellastyle.com I hope I can post this here.

I'll shorten a little of what he says at the top of the page. We have to find low-carb alternatives to our high-carb foods---NOT doing without because this is a life style change. We have to "think outside the box".

Garlic Mock Mashed Potatoes

1 med head cauliflower
1TB cream cheese, softened (could use low fat)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp chicken base or bouillon (I like the granules better than the cube)
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp chopped dried chives (for garish)
3 TB butter (for topping)

1. Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Cook in boiling water for 6 minutes. (I always nuked mine)
2. Drain well. Do NOT let cool! Pat the cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels. (don't want your potatoes drinkable)
3. With an immersion blender in a deep bowl or in a food processor, pulse the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, chicken base, and pepper until almost smooth.
4. Garnish with chives and serve hot with pats of butter.
Hint:
Try adding a little roasted garlic or chopped fresh rosemary for a whole new taste!

Serves 4
4 carbs (but whose counting)

Hope this turns out for you. The family has enjoyed this many times, and I get to stay legal. Sometimes I would use jarred gravies instead of the butter. I think it was less fat. My father in law was over 80 when he tried this and he couldn't tell the difference. We didn't say anything to the grand daughters, didn't want them to turn up their noses at a veggie potato. They all came back for seconds. I served this for Thanksgiving instead of the usual potatoes.

If you like this, I have a wonderful mock "Fried Rice" using graded cauliflower. Honest, it taste just like I was at our local restaurant. I have to make myself stop eating it or I'd eat the whole batch. Ran across that while I was hunting for this recipe.
Stella makes a Shrimp Mock Fried Rice that sounds pretty good too. He is amazing with his veggies.

I was wondering if I'm going to get notified when my "20 days" are up? I'd like to add a cute tracker.

Enjoy ladies! Let me know how it turns out.

Carol
Old 12-30-2009, 09:39 PM   #15  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up Yep - you're right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellielou View Post
Kim, I too have a severe addiction to popcorn.
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this addition!
Could it be the salt??? AND yes, I could eat a whole bag of corn tortilla chips!

Keep up the GREAT work at the gym! WTG girl!
Closed Thread