South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 06:30 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Welcome Wednesday Whispers

Shhhh! Everyone is still asleep.

I'm up because it's cold in here. Seems the furnace is taking a holiday so it's a good thing the woodstove held overnight. I need to call the furnace lads to come and fix the darn thing. In the meantime, it's coffee and snuggling dogs under a quilt.

Odds and ends to do this morning and then we'll do pet therapy this afternoon. Soup is on the stove and smells great,

How does your Wednesday look?
Old 12-30-2009, 06:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

morning Ruthie! BAD time for Mr. Furnace to be taking a vacation. I know it's bitter here!

I'm working (of course) today. It's time for me to get my arse back on the treadmill...but DH didn't put our new one back on right, and I just can't get myself to go to the gym at 10 degrees out. I might try later (I have DS...I'd have to dump him on DH at work...we'll see).

Other than that...Looking forward to cleaning up my diet after this last holiday is over and things get back to normal!!
Old 12-30-2009, 06:49 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth What a day for the furnace to decide to take a vacation ! Hope that gets straightened out ASAP.

Twynn - good morning. I ignored the treadmill yesterday because the Wii Fit was just too darned fun. Hope yours is up and running soon

Not much going on here today. It's my last day in the office this week. Tomorrow is WFH then Friday is a holiday. We have no plans for the blue moon, just a quiet night at home with some yummy food.

Had an interesting appointment tomorrow. I have to wonder just how much my workplace stinks when the EAP person offers to help me rewrite my resume and starts telling me about other jobs without my having said much at all. It's so sad to see the negative impact one person can have on a small agency in a small town.

Ah well, it's time to look at my goals for the New Year. I'm not one for resolutions but I do like to take the time to evaluate my goals for the upcoming year. I know I've got some health & fitness goals to work on and there will be some employment reassessment.

I hope the sun is up soon and warms the frigid a little where you are
Old 12-30-2009, 06:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruthie! My Wednesday is looking cold! But not quite as cold as yesterday. I hope the lads can make it out there first thing this morning to fix that furnace. In the meantime, pile on the quilts and snuggle up close with the doggage. I made a big pot of butternut squash soup yesterday, and the leftovers today will taste even better.

We decided to spend yesterday at the ice skating rink, and picked up Amber to come along with us. We all had a blast and the girls didn't want to leave and we ended up staying there over 4 hours. I was frozen through to the bone, and it took a long, hot soak in a bubblebath to finally thaw me out. I'm hoping we can find something to do indoors today, where it's warm!

ETA -

Lots of simulposting going on!

Twynn, I hope your day at work flies by. I know Cindy has had an especially busy week, too. The cold and the snow have been taking it's toll on the furbabies this year.

Cyndi, that's a sad state of affairs at your agency with the EAP person. Too bad that person can't be replaced with someone who has a lot more enthusiasm. I don't usually make resolutions for the new year, either, but this year I'm working on avoiding the negatives and thinking positive, cheerful thoughts, besides keeping myself healthy.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 12-30-2009 at 07:03 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:20 AM   #5  
Be happy.

Good morning friends!

Brrrrrr, I hope you get your furnace straightened out quickly Ruth. I'm glad you have that woodstove in the meantime.

Good morning Twynn, your treadmill is still not right? What a pain. Enjoy your Wednesday whether you make it to the gym or not.

Hey Cyndi, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your Wii Fit so much. My daughter keeps telling me she's sure I'd love it. I'd have to buy a Wii first though, and I'm not sure I want to invest that much money without knowing how much I'd actually enjoy/use it. I've got a stipend coming for some grant work I'm doing so I'm seriously considering getting one. My son tells me he could easily sell it for me if I don't like it. I wish there was a place around here where I could rent one for a week to test it out.

Did you skate yesterday Cottage? That's one of my favorite winter things, but I haven't been yet this year. When our kids were still at home we set up a rink in the yard every year. We don't bother now that it's just us though. I have to wait til the ice on the pond is safe.

Our house seems too quiet this morning, Beth and the grandcats are safe and sound back in Houston so it's just us boring folks here today. I've got some major cleaning and decluttering to do today. If I don't get this place whipped back into shape in the next couple of days it's likely to stay this way til my next vacation!

Have a great Wednesday!
Old 12-30-2009, 07:48 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all!

Ruth, I hope those furnace lads have their jet packs on to get to you quickly!

Twynn, can you take your son to the gym with you? I did that once, and Connor just sat and played Leapster while I ran. I don't think I was *supposed* to have him there, but no one complained.

Cyndi, sounds like you're having a blast with the Wii Fit! We have the regular Wii but I've never played the Wii Fit. Maybe that'll be the next purchase...

Linda, enjoy your squash soup leftovers! That one is so much better as leftovers!

Heidi, have fun with your cleaning today. Sometimes quiet is a welcome change and sometimes it's just lonely. That's when I crank up the radio!

We are waiting on Connor to finish his math so we can go swimming. He's being a putz so it might be awhile.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Heidi! No, I can't skate because of my weak ankles and they won't let you on the ice without skates. I had fun watching the girls skate, though, and burned off calories while shivering on the bleachers, LOL.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:07 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone

One thing for sure, it's cold. I slept in and haven't had my cup of coffee yet. It's snowing pretty hard and I'm glad I got on my bike yesterday even if it was just to the mall and back. Today includes decluttering, exercising and eating OP.

Have a great day everyone and I hope your furnace is up and running soon, Ruth.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:50 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning Chicks.... it is FREEZING here in good ole Saint John. BRRR. I am glad that I don't have to go outside at all today. Just sitting eating my toast and sipping my tea. Only have two kids today so it will be a quiet one, they are older so I know that will end up gaming it most of the day with my dd. Makes for a easy day. I hate to structure them to much over the holidays it is always more fun just to have a laid back day.

Ruth- Hope you are staying warm. Is your weather as cold as ours is? We are at -27 with the wind chill.

Twynn- Hope you get your treadmill up and running soon. I am ready to clean up after the holidays as well. Have a great day.

Cyndi- I love the wii fit, we got the wii fit plus for christmas it is more fun, I have not played alot yet, but it does track your calories burned.

Cottage- sounds like you need an indoor day after spending 4 hours in the ice rink. I love skating I am hoping to fit a little in this winter, our ice rinks are tied up with hockey so it is not easy to find many public skates. Have a great indoor day.

Heidi- glad that your dd is home safe and sound, I am sure that you are missing her and your grand kitties. Hope you get lots of decluttering done, I need to do lots of that as well.

Kara- Morning hope Connor gets his math done soon. Putz you crack me up.

Lexxiss- you post just made me think that you rolled out of bed and went right to the computer. Enjoy your first cup of coffee.

Me- Not much today a little cleaning, I have a turkey soup all made in the crock pot, tons of veggies, some barley and even a few beans it smells so yummy. I am going to look up some soup recipies as I want add that into my menu plan for the New Year. I am normally not really a soup person, but you guys talk about it all the time. Well have a great day all.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:00 AM   #10  
not looking back

S/C/G: 196/150

Height: 5'7

Good Morning!

I have yet to start SB but I'm getting ready for the weekend, I even stopped at McD's last night (sigh). The scale paid the price for me at the highest ever. I also joined the Biggest Loser on another thread....new decade for me!
Old 12-30-2009, 09:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Good Morning, Chickies!

I'm back in the office today -- alone -- with Ms. Petrie, the office ghost. I'm good as long as she doesn't touch me. I work today and tomorrow. It's time to take down the Cajun Christmas. So sad to see it go for another year. There is a lot to do in the office, so hopefully the day will go quickly.

Guess what else I'm doing today... I'm joining the gym! This will be my first non-Jazzercise exercise program since 1996. I've never worked out in a gym. Do you think someone will show me how to use the equipment? I hope so!

Hope you all stay warm today. I'm cold, and it's 41*F.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:34 AM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Darn I lost My whole POST!
so it's a b/c I have to get moving!!
bbiab!
Kierie
Old 12-30-2009, 10:04 AM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

Hi Debbie! I bet your snow looks pretty. We've got buckets of rain coming down here and that is not pretty.

LC, have a nice, laid back day with the kiddos!

Smith, where in Washington are you? We lived in the Seattle area for three years and loved it there. We're planning on going back when my husband retires from the military.

Michelle, I hope Ms. Petrie keeps to herself today. Maybe light a candle for her or something?

Kierie, sorry your post got lost. Have a good day!

We are still at home. Tom took the girls to the hardware store for some firecracker holders (read: PVC pipe). Connor is still sitting at the kitchen table. I am wondering at what age he will figure out that the faster he gets something done, the sooner he can move on to things he enjoys more. I am hoping to get to the gym when Tom gets back with the girls. Argh.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:10 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Kierie, good morning. One day it took me hours to figure out my post "wasn't there". I know your day is busy even when you're on vacation!

Hi Chelby. I'll bet it's a boring office today. Congrats on joining the gym. I have a hard time being bold and asking for help, but I just take a deep breath and ask. BTW one thing I've noticed since I did the holiday challenge is that even 10 min a day is helping me. I'm going to try a step class for the first time down here. It's been years and when I used to go the teacher was my BF. Enjoy your 41 its 22 here!

Hi Susan. Thanks for joining in. I've figured out that it's not the one McD stop, it's the accumulation. I did go to McD before the holidays and brought my own ww bun. It was ok, and was just another notch in my accumulation of better choices. I haven't checked out the BL thread-but there are lots of fans here.

LChick, this morning I did roll out and go right to the computer. For me, starting out and saying hello first thing really helps keep me on track with SBD. Your soup sounds great! The thing I enjoy about soup is that when I make it SBD healthy, I can enjoy an extra cup in the afternoon if I'm hungry. The other thing is that I'll not be as enthusiastic when its 100 degrees here. Stay inside and stay warm!

Cottage, I admire your dedication in staying out in the cold so long. It makes me think of being a kid and never wanting to stop. I used to skate at our lake in Alaska.

Kara. I always chuckle when you say "putz". I use it alot, that and Schmoodles "planned procrastination". I think they're similar.

Heidi, I know you're missing Beth. Your post got me motivated-I decluttered and did my HC workout.

Cyndi, I hope your workday goes fast. I hope the right employment opportunity happens for you this next year. We could hope your coworker has a New Year attitude shift-yea right....it seems THEY never get it. I'm not much for "resolutions" either, but I'm going to try to make more lists this next year.

Hi Twynn, hows the pup? When can you start running outside again?

Ruth, brrrrr!!!! A small house we lived in as a kid was so cold, I wore a ski hat to bed and got my cat to sleep draped over my neck. He kept me really warm.

I still have to p/u the office then we're going out on errands. I have some end of the year bills to pay. Noon is a new step aerobics and I'll dream of the day I can ride my bike again. One day closer to spring I am!
Old 12-30-2009, 10:32 AM   #15  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Debbie, I took one step aerobic class in my life. It went... Step up. Step Down. Step up and over. Fall on the floor. I'm not that coordinated! Good Luck!

Kara, Auston is KING of fiddle-fart. Let me know if you find the solution.

BTW, I made the butternut squash soup yesterday. After eating decadently for a month, it tasted WAY too healthy! I added a block of cream cheese and like it much better.
Closed Thread