Old 12-28-2009, 02:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/192.5/130

Default Prep Work for a Fresh Start

I am trying something different this time than any other time before and I am hoping it works. I am doing a lot of prep work before I begin full force on Friday morning.

I am emptying the house of the junk food. I am meal planning. I am slowly getting back into the gym and getting rested up with earlier bed times. I am going to grocery shop right before starting for all kinds of fresh foods.

I am hoping all of this prep work will help it to go better this time! Wish me luck!
meltitaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:35 PM   #2  

Height: 5'5.5"

Good luck! I think getting ride of the junk food is a great idea. Then it won't be staring you in the face Friday. I've started exercising very slowly too. Started with a .5 mile walk about 4 month ago and have worked my way up to 3 miles plus 5 minutes on the stair stepper. Going slowly has made exercising so much easier for me because I am not naturally athletic.

Here's to success in 2010.
LizR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

Sounds like with all the planning you're doing () you wont need much luck! But just in case, GOOD LUCK!!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:41 PM   #4  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I view the process of losing weight as just making healthier choices all day long, that is about as formal as my "plan" gets. So I've never understood why, when you've decided you want to start losing weight, that you just don't start today making good food decisions? Right this very second? Why wait until Friday to start making better choices for yourself?
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:50 PM   #5  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLCSC145 View Post
I view the process of losing weight as just making healthier choices all day long, that is about as formal as my "plan" gets. So I've never understood why, when you've decided you want to start losing weight, that you just don't start today making good food decisions? Right this very second? Why wait until Friday to start making better choices for yourself?
Not to sound harsh or to be critical, but I completely agree with C.C. You don't need some date on a calendar to start making good choices. Since there is no "end date" to good health decisions, the start date should be right now!
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:36 PM   #6  

Either now or later, as long as you're going back to plan, it's all good I suggest gathering willpower and resolve, especially during the hard times.

Any way, good luck!
Trefle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:59 PM   #7  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_H View Post
Not to sound harsh or to be critical, but I completely agree with C.C. You don't need some date on a calendar to start making good choices. Since there is no "end date" to good health decisions, the start date should be right now!
I hope I didn't come across as critical! I just think the hardest part is the deciding to do something, so since you've gotten to that point, I say start right away!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:26 PM   #8  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Well, it sounds like meltitaway is making changes already. Some people start all at once and I think others need to start slowly. Yes, the actual date shouldn't matter, but if it gets you going, then go for it! As long as you know that it's for life.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:26 PM   #9  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

I agree - lots of people start on "monday". Once the choice is made, start then!!

Good luck to you!

Angie
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:29 PM   #10  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I decided today that I don't understand why we put out fruit and veggie trays for the holidays to graze on, but not throughout the week. So I purchased some carrots, celery, broccoli and red peppers to put in a veggie tray with salsa and I'll have it out for everyone to graze on.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote