Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-26-2009, 04:10 PM   #1  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Default Wii EA Active - SCREAM!!!!

So I rec'd the Wii EA Active for Christmas - I love my Wii Fit and thought I'd like this one too. I can not get the darn leg strap to STAY on my leg. I watched the tutorial, I am certain I put it on correctly and adjusted - it felt snug - yet the more I move the more it slides down my leg - and it won't register that the numchuck thingy is in the pocket. I tried over a dozen times and am SO frustrated. I was going to do its 30 day challenge. AND then another thing that made me mad was that I can not "lock" my profile. On the Wii Fit nobody can ever view my stats because of my key code and the EA Active does not offer a way to protect my profile. I don't want just anybody seeing how much I weigh! Granted, it's family only - but you never know if a friend might want to borrow it...now i know I won't let anyone borrow it. Just venting..sorry, so mad about that leg strap!!!
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:16 PM   #2  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Maybe I have enough chub in the thigh area, but I hike that strap WAY up. Like tucked right where the sun don't shine above my thigh chub. (Sorry for TMI, lol). I've never had a problem with it staying up. I usually wear shorts when I play with it.

As for the numchuck, I don't like it's pocket much either. I have just learned to stuff it in, but at first I hated jamming the mini joystick thing in there. It does fit, just awkwardly.

It's a pretty good program. DEFINITELY more of a workout than Wii Fit. Not perfect though.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

I'll admit,on some of the exercises,I hold the nunchuck in my hand and just make sure I am doing the exercise as I am suposed to be.My son though sticks his in his pocket and has never had a problem.
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:49 PM   #4  
I can do it !!!!

I do hike it up as high as it will go - and the thingy is fit snug into the pocket on it....I tried holding it to see if it would still work, but I guess it needs to be close to my skin for some reason - I'll try putting it in my pocket next time.
It really frustrated me today
Old 12-26-2009, 09:38 PM   #5  
sugar is the devil

As for a friend borrowing it... if they just borrow the disk it will not have ANY of your saved info on it as all that info is saved directly to your Wii hard drive. However, if you let them borrow your game PLUS the Wii console; than yes they will see it.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

I have Wii Active also although I havent really started using it yet. I did try it and had the same problem with the leg strap which was very frustrating. I was wearing pants so I thought that maybe that was the problem.

I am still into Wii Fit... I have only had my machine about 21 days so I havent prgressed up yet. I will have to keep watching this board to see how you are doing....

Good Luck!!!
Angel26519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:16 PM   #7  
I can do it !!!!

Today my husband bought me the Wii Fit Plus - but I'm still anxious to try this one with the darn strap. Haven't tried it again today - think I'll wait a week when the kids are back in school and my husband is in the office - so I will have privacy. I think I now have over 6 workout games for the Wii - you'd think one of them would truly inspire me? I just fell off the wagon the last week and am trying to get back on.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

You can do it! Take a deep breath and climb back on. I am enjoying my Wii Fit... I just bought the Dance Revolution 3 and tried it just briefly and boy was I lost... LOL. it is for another day.
Angel26519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:50 PM   #9  
Aussie Chick

S/C/G: 99/86/65

Did anyone work out a way to get Wii Active to register your squats (Apart from simply lifiting your leg up instead of squatting)?

I ended up strapping the leg strap straight to my skin and it didn't slip anymore. I think I'll need to pull out some really short shorts for it.

I'm going to try out our new dance mat this afternoon.
kathyhegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:42 AM   #10  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Kathy, it registers my normal squats. I keep the leg strap on as high as I can get it on my right leg with the pocket facing forward. Then I stuff the numchuck in so it's facing down and the joystick is pointing to the right. Then I have to squat pretty low to get them to register.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:51 PM   #11  
Aussie Chick

I think I'll need to go lower, Ouch. I'm so sore from yesterday.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:22 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

I have no issue keeping the leg strap in place with close fitting sports pants, normal kint pants can be tiresome though. I put it high and position the pocket so it sits front and a little to the right. For the squats you will need to go quite low, so your knee is at a 90 degree angle and your thighs parallel to the floor. Be careful if you're not accustomed to doing squats and lunges, they will take some practice to do in a safe manner.

I got the Active More Workouts for Xmas and so far I think its a good addition.

Kitty

Last edited by KforKitty; 12-29-2009 at 11:23 AM.
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:53 PM   #13  
Aussie Chick

I dont have a problem with it registering lunges, just the squats. Day 3 today, I'll have to check what I'm supposed to do today, I think today was a rest day. I've been to the gym already today.