Old 12-27-2009, 06:33 AM   #1  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Default Accountability / Menu / Support....week of 12/27/09

Do you need a place for accountability? for support? to post your menu? Then come on in!!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:37 AM   #2  
mj5

Good Morning everyone! Hope you don't mind that I started us out w/ a new thread.

I have been making terrible food choices and not working out. That changes TODAY! Next week I am going to change my re-start date/weight (TOM is here, so it's not really fair to do it today) and it's time to get serious. I do really well for a while, then allow myself to slip back into old habits. My hubby is eating healthier w/ me, so that will help. My blood pressure is high. I another appt in May and if it's still high, I have to start meds. I need to know that I have REALLY done what I can to avoid meds, but if I need them, then I do (I have a family hx of high bp, too, so that doesn't help). I also need to keep coming here--busy or not, I do much better when I am checking in.

rakel--we just have to keep at it. we are here for each other!!!

Bazz--Welcome!

Diane--How was your time off?

Beverlyjoy--Hope everyone is healthy again!

Hi to everyone else!

Last edited by mj5; 12-27-2009 at 06:38 AM.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

wow ...its scary what 4 days of eating can do to the body!! I am puffy and bloated!! My rings are so tight and my hands are even fat looking.
Today I have my notebook open and started counting my points again. Meals are planned and they will be healthy!! Time to guzzle water...get his fluid off me!!
mj- I am on meds for highblood pressure and sure didnt need all that country ham I ate!! I am glad to report that I am on half the meds for it I was a year and half ago. Weight loss really does help lower blood pressure.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #4  
account abandoned

Thanks for the welcome, everyone ;D

I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays! Us British people don't really stop celebrating until it's like two days after the New Year's Day :L

Hugs x x
Bazz Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:07 PM   #5  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Height: 5'9"

I need support and accountability! I guess I need to post an intro thread in the 100 lb. area too.

Mj5, I totally believe that you can significantly lower your BP naturally with healthy eating, nutrition, exercise and meditation or other natural ways; I've seen it done! Have you ever heard of or tried biofeedback? It sounds New Agey and all but I've seen amazing things happen with simple techniques. There are machines, CD's and computer programs that have been shown to lower BP naturally when used.

dgramie, that's so great that with weight loss you've lowered your BP meds!

Bazz Major, people on this side of the pond party that way too!

As for me, January 7-11 I'm going to be in Las Vegas and so I have to eat all the fresh veggies in the house. That's going to help me stay on track, that's the plan anyway!

To plan for this, I went to Costco yesterday and bought baby spinach, frozen blueberries, baby carrots, Brussels sprouts and cottage cheese to supplement the veggies I already have in the house.

I have what it takes to make green smoothies now and what I need for fresh veggies and good high protein snacks. I'm a strict vegetarian who is mostly vegan except *some* dairy. I focus on eating as many vegetables as possible, high fiber, low sugar (but no artificial sweeteners) and lots of water.

Today, I'm roasting Brussels sprouts, making curried lentil, leek, onion, carrot and garlic soup to have for the next 3 days. Along with the green smoothies and some cottage cheese, this should be good!
Passionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 01:11 PM   #6  
account abandoned

Haha, Passionista, that's awesome. I thought it was just us Britons who like to exaggerate the festive celebration

Are you new to this forum? If so, then welcome! I am new too, but not to 3FC because I was in the 300+ lb club, despite not weighing over 300 lbs, haha. My mother was there so I joined for moral support!

Last edited by Bazz Major; 12-27-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Bazz Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:56 AM   #7  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

hello ladies. so I'm starting my ny resolution a bit early (Staying on the wagon and going vegan) and hoping that by the 1st I'll be steady going.

last night I cooked bulk, I made some rice, beans, chickpeas, and veggie stock, I made chickpea seitan nuggets with the chickpeas, they are so good!

I also went grocery shopping yesterday for the first time at trader joes (SO CHEAP!) and then went ot the co op for things they didn't have. so we are all stocked up on healthy food! yay!

I got some butternut squash soup I can't wait to make.

hope everyone enjoyed their holidays!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:07 AM   #8  
mj5

Good Morning!

dgramie--We had ham yesterday too....I have to break out the water today!!! That's good to know that your bp meds are much lower now.

Bazz--We still have one more Christmas party this coming weekend.....we like to stretch it out too!

Passionista--Welcome! Thanks for the info, I haven't tried biofeedback, but it's worth looking into. I am going to start doing Yoga in the am's again....that should help too AND it's a great way to start the day!

lottie--Great plan! I wish we had a trader joe's near us...I have heard lots of good things about them.

My plan is to hit the gym right after work for cardio. My clothes are in the car waiting for me! I will also drink LOTS of water!!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 12-28-2009, 09:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks...company is gone and things are kind of back to normal. (what ever that is) I hope you all had a good December.

Here's my plan:

breakfast - egg white scramble, pnb on lite toast, 1/2 banana
lunch - tuna salad on toast, veggies and dip
snack - yogurt, fruit
dinner - pancake, boca bacon, applesauce
snack - cereal, fruit, milk

meditation
stretches, etc
lots of water
aware eating
no eating while standing
journal feelings and food

MJ - thanks for missing me. I am glad to hear you have your work out clothes in the car. Go girl.

Lottie - I have friends that are vegan and love the way they eat. Good for you!

Dgrammie - it IS amazing what eating junkie things (sugar, fats, carbs, etc) will do to you. I feel bloated to. You can do this, friend.

Bazz - WELCOME I have friends from England. From Christmas, Boxing Day etc...it's a full week, indeed. So glad you've joined us.

Have a good day, friends.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 12-28-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:01 PM   #10  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

My eating is still a little sporadic, and I haven't been adding everything into the daily plate, but it's definitely been an improvement. I'm going to have a snack and get my exercise done for the day. Time to get back on track!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:27 PM   #11  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Height: 5'9"

Yay, there's another veg person here!

It's almost 10:30am and I still haven't eaten yet, not good! I've had water but I'm not sure what to have for breakfast. I feel it's too cold for a smoothie but I don't want to cook any veggies or soup right now. This happens to me a lot lately, where I just don't know what to eat and so I wait too long to eat.

I guess it's time to just go get something!
Passionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 260/255.6/160

I'm new here and just beginning my new eat healthy plan. The holidays really sucker punched me with all the sweets and so much to eat. I started eating healthy today. 1/2 bagel with pnb, 1/2 cup yogurt, apple, 1 cup milk. Black beans and rice for lunch with some tortilla chips. My calorie intake for breakfast was about 450 and I wanted my lunch to be at about that, but ended up eating more of the beans and rice than I needed. I've got to control myself. I haven't had coffee or soda today. I had a cup of hot tea with no sugar and so far 4 glasses of water. Dinner tonight will be lean hamburger with whole wheat bun, onions, tomato, lettuce with some carrot sticks.
connerash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:05 PM   #13  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Passionista: Welcome! I can relate to your eating dilemmas. I often do the same thing, and so I eat dinner really late which is not good! Just curious: Are you vegetarian or vegan?

Connerash: Welcome to the accountability group. It sounds like a very healthy plan you have there. I can stay full on a bagel for hours, which is good I guess because they tend to have a lot of calories. I still haven't been able to eat just one half of a bagel yet, though, so I usually tend to keep them out of my food plan.

Update: scale moved down .4lbs from my last weigh-in 2 days ago. YAY!

Last edited by rakel; 12-28-2009 at 04:06 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:07 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 260/255.6/160

Well my first day started off great and went down hill from there.

Rakel - I know what you mean about the bagel that's why I leave the house right after eating breakfast. But this morning after eating 1/2 bagel, yogurt, apple and drinking a glass of milk my mouth was tired of chewing... LOL! That's a first.

I think I have discovered that I am an emotional binge eater. My husband and I got into a bit of an argument while I was cooking dinner. He went to bed and I began to eat eat eat. I had my hamburger with avocado, tomato, onions and garlic and a tiny bit of ketchup. Then I had a huge serving of left over sweet potato souffle, then I ate some cookie dough before finally getting disgusted with myself and throwing the rest away. I don't do this often but when I was eating the cookie dough I realized how pathetic it was and started crying I was so disappointed in myself.

Does anyone else have a problem with binge eating or emotional eating? How do you control it? Maybe I should go into a different thread with this. I just wanted to update how my eating went today as I really want to stay accountable. Thanks for listening.
connerash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:48 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks...yesterday was a sane food day. I stayed in my calorie range, drank lots of water, did my stretches & recumbent bike, meditation, and wrote down food. I am grateful for the willingness to do these things.

I did do some nibbling standing up and had the TV on part of the time I ate. But, all and all it was a GOOD day. I will keep working on it and trying to break unhealthy habits.

New motto - Plan for the future...but, take it one day at a time.

I took my mom out to run her errands. She is still weak from her bout in the hospital - but, making some progress in getting her strength back.

Today I don't have any big plans. I need to do paperwork in my office and such.

breakfast - cheese toast, strawberries
lunch - turkey and cheese wrap, cucumber and onion salad
snack - yogurt cup (frozen), 1/2 banana
dinner - pasta, cheese, mushrooms, green beans
snack - cinn. toast, applesauce, sf cocoa

meditation
stretches & strengthening
log food and feelings
aware eating
put fork down between bites
lots of water

connerash - WELCOME yes, I struggle with binge and emotional eating. Meditation has helped me in the past. I think your idea of another thread on this would be helpful to you and others.

Rakel - great jobs on the loss - that's almost two sticks of butter, ya know!!

Passionista - I agree - waiting too long to eat can trigger overeating for me. WELCOME

MJ - hope you could get to the gym. How's the knee doing?

Everyone - have a great OP day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 12-29-2009 at 04:50 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote