Old 12-25-2009, 06:17 PM   #1  
hot. like a curry.

S/C/G: 308/248/150ish

Height: 5'4"

Default jeans and pants and being short

Hi y'all,

So I'm not at the point where I'm down a million sizes, but I'm at the point I was before I took my little hiatus after my success this summer, at which time my pants began looking ridiculous on me.

Here are my frustrations:

a) I have a laughably short inseam. In the rare cases I can find plus size petites, they're usually still a bit too long. Although I don't sew or hem, I do have the ability to bring these to someone to alter for me.

b) I'm not leg-heavy, if there is such a term. My butt, relative to the rest of me, is not huge. So pants, especially jeans, tend to sag in the butt and are way too large in the thighs. I'm finally coming to the realization that this just helps me look bigger than I really am.

I was in the mirrored elevator at work yesterday (alone...lol) and I sort of grabbed the excess fabric of my jeans and pulled it in closer to my legs and hips. I swear, I instantly lost 15 lbs.

With that all said....

Can anyone recommend a brand of jeans that tends to cut for my body shape? I don't want to spend a ton of money because they'll definitely be transition clothes, but I'm sick of a walking around looking like I'm wearing clown pants. (I also don't want to pay a tailor more than I paid for the jeans to take them in!)

Don't know if I'm asking for the impossible, but figured I can always turn to you ladies for sage advice.

Happy Xmas!
gloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 08:54 PM   #2  
account abandoned

I think you should go for a pair of leggings or jeggings. They are so in at the moment and yet, they are so comfortable
I'm always wearing leggings and jeggins, teamed with a long top or dress ;D It's pretty cool!

But other than that, I don't know what else to offer, sorry. Hehe :]

Hugs x x
Bazz Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:30 PM   #3  
Jessica

S/C/G: 186/164.7/130

Height: 5'0''

Try Kohls if they are by you they have a great selection for petites, they come in petite regular and petite short, Im only 4'11'' and this is where I buy all my pants!
woobers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:39 PM   #4  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I have found that the jeans at fashion bug - the different colors help for that issue. I am 5'3" and have the same issues. I have never had "big" legs so I have always had baggy pants in that area. I know that the yellow fits best for me.
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:33 PM   #5  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

I second the Kohls recommendation. I got a pair of their house-brand jeans on sale for $19.99 and was surprised to find that they came in 4 different lengths: petite, short, average, and tall. I can't remember which was the shorter inseam - petite or short, but the shortest one is 28" or less. I read a good article on the right jeans for each body type. I'll have to see if I can remember where I read it and post a link.
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

I love love love lane bryant jeans. I buy mine at gabriel brothers, which is similar to a tj maxx. the jeans are branded lane bryant OR venzia. They come in tall, average, and petite, as well as different SHAPES, you can go on the LB web site and input your measurements and they'll tell you wether you are a triangle, circle, or square, and which size you are (converted plus). I love these jeans.
medinazarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:44 PM   #7  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I second the fashion bug idea, going from the notion that they are a parent store of Lane Bryant. I love Lane Bryant's "Right Fit" pants and have heard Fashion Bug carries them too, much cheaper.

I have the opposite problem: large thighs and rear and RELATIVELY small waist. I wear "curvy" in this brand of jeans. There are two other fits as well and I bet one of them works for you. This brand understands that we aren't all shaped the same! And from the opinion of another 5'4" woman, I actually think their short sizes are a bit too short. Of course their regular sizes are way too long. Go figure.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:47 AM   #8  
hot. like a curry.

S/C/G: 308/248/150ish

Height: 5'4"

Thanks so much for the recommendations -- I'm planning on doing some post Xmas madness shopping tomorrow, and now I'm armed with good info. FYI, I just checked the FB website and they're having a $15 right fit jeans sale tomorrow and Sunday. Will definitely be adding them to my list.

gloo is offline   Reply With Quote