Old 12-25-2009, 03:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy Thanksgiving, good. Christmas, not so much...

Not sure what happened, but I just pretty much screwed up Christmas Eve and Christmas Day plan.

Very happy holidays, and all is well, but I dunno, I just started tanking it foodwise-- not sure why I did it, as I've been so good.

I went totally off plan last night-- eating WAY too much ham and a slice of pie. Had a HORRIBLE stomachache all night from the ham-- too salty and fatty I guess.

Got up and made a huge Christmas breakfast and went off plan again.

My stomach feels blech.

Up 4 pounds on the scale this morning-- probably mostly water, but still.

I am so mad at myself-- and kind of scared. This is the first time I've really hard a hard time staying on plan, and why? To eat salty fatty meat? That's not something I even like that much.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 03:35 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Don't be so hard on yourself, really. Sometimes we make mistakes, sometimes we go off plan but the important part is that you don't let it keep you down. You pick yourself up and get back on plan and keep trudging along
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Get right back on plan and you will be OK. Don't beat yourself up over it . It happens to others as well.I promise you will be OK.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:27 PM   #4  
Really maintaining now!

S/C/G: 375.6/low 160s maintaining

Height: 6'

Yeah. I had a fairly bad Christmas Eve, and really off-plan Christmas lunch with the in-laws, I ate WAY too much, and I'm not happy about it, and I feel pretty icky and gross, but you know, I'm right back on the horse. I cannot wait to get through Boxing Day (and staying on plan will be easier, since it's an open house with a cold buffet table off in the room where nobody congregates, so I can just STAY AWAY from the food) and back to my usual eating plan. That my period is imminent isn't helping my body image much, and I'm already bloated from that, so I'm trying to not be too hard on myself. I know I will recover just fine.
catherinef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:41 PM   #5  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Good news...the holidays are over! Time to wipe our tears away, sit up straight and get back OP. Raw! Raw! Sis! Boom! Bah! We can do it!!!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 272/219.6/145

Height: 5' 4

I didnt do so hot either. Munchy food adds up way faster than you think. When I did WW a few years back the leader would always say do not let a lapse become a collapse. So starting now its back to the plan.
KmbRN84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I love ham--adore it actually---the only meat besides fish I really enjoy--so yeah, I get it. You are right on the sodium--if you had lots of it your weight is probably up due to the sodium.

Tonight, Christmas will be over. You can get right back to your plan. Actually eating too much ham and a slice of pie sounds not so bad to me for a Christmas "blowout." You have had so much success and there is more coming to you.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I am making our holiday meal right now. I went low-sugar on the sweet taters and cranberry sauce. My daughter did just finish making a fab pumpkin pie with sweetened condensed milk. I know it will be gone TONIGHT though--yeah, one 8 inch pumpkin pie w/my family--not a problem.

For my blowout? Well, Santa brought me a 500-calorie box of Whoppers. I ate the whole box with my coffee this morning. LOL! Merry Christmas everyone!

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 12-25-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 08:50 PM   #9  
account abandoned

Don't be too sad because we all have our days off. It's okay as long as you stick to the plan most of the time. Just carry on with the plan and don't give up. Just think of it as forgetting to have a shower one day, you don't give up on showering altogether, you just carry on :]

I can imagine the feeling you're going through after eating that ham! I suffer from IBS so if I eat food I don't usually eat, I get a hard time for it! Get well soon and drink plenty of water, yes?

Hugs x x
Bazz Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:28 PM   #10  
hot mama!

S/C/G: 184/149/130

Height: 5'4"

Hugs. I'm right there with you. I'm guessing I ate somewhere around 4000-5000 calories just today. It's especially irritating because I had just met a mini goal. Now I'm up a few pounds. Hmpf!

I guess the only thing to do is get back on track.
Tanna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:32 PM   #11  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I agree - glad the holidays are winding down and the temptations wiill be gone. Hoping that by next christmas things will be easier!

I am sure you will get right back at it -- don't let this little set back get ya down!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:46 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Thanks everybody. Well, I skipped dinner and ate a large popcorn at the movies, LOL. If I had anymore salt, I'd be the Atlantic Ocean...

Total calorie counts: yesterday 2100 and today 1800. Not good, but I guess I got it out of my system.

Am SO looking forward to going back to my usual veggies and fish. I really don't like this food so much any more.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:17 PM   #13  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathydoe View Post
Good news...the holidays are over! Time to wipe our tears away, sit up straight and get back OP. Raw! Raw! Sis! Boom! Bah! We can do it!!!
Speak for yourself! LOL! There's tomorrow for us. It's Christmas all over again. We'll have two full days of it. At least tomorrow is just dinner and not the breakfast that we also had today.

Ubergirl, your calorie count sounds nothing like the typical American intake for this holiday!! Definitely pick yourself up and keep going! Back to normal will feel so good!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:29 PM   #14  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Ewwwwwwwww sorry the Holidays aren't over. After I wrote that I thought about New Year's Celebrations...that isn't a big deal for me, but I know it is for others... I will be heading home on Sunday...where it is safe and sound and very little temptations...here I come home sweet home!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:31 PM   #15  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I was great yesterday and up until dinner today. Dinner was rough calorie-wise, but I kept it to one meal (forgoing a huge plate of homemade cookies and fudge that was mocking me all day). We had prime rib for dinner with creamy horseradish, Yorkshire pudding, veggies, and pumpkin pie. I tried for a smallish piece of beef - it was certainly smaller than anyone else's at the table, but still slab like. It was soooo good. Back to plan tomorrow. Hopefully the damage won't be too bad, but I fear with a sushi dinner early this week, Christmas dinner, and my birthday on Sunday (going out with friends), this may be my first gain week so far. Eek!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote